It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders - 'When You're White You Don't Know What It's Like To Be Poor'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

First and foremost I'm both a Sanders supporter as well as a Trump supporter and practically anyone who isn't propped up by the establishment.

But this has to be one of the biggest gaffes in the history of politics. I'm really disappointed. Not only has the racial pandering reached a whole new height but Sanders is literally stepping on the demographic that he does best with. And the fact that some of his supporters on social media, especially the SJW's, want to justify these words just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I guess the people I see panhandling outside of my complex on a daily basis, which happen to be mostly white, is just my imagination running wild. I guess living out of a minivan for over a year while looking for a sustainable job was just a complete fantasy. I guess every time I get hassled by police for having tattoos and every time I get arrested for having a dime bag on me is just an urban legend.

Sorry, but I really felt the "Bern" on this one.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Dumbest thing he ever said. Pander much?

Next!

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Such BS..You're wrong Bern,Go to some parts of Appalachia...
edit on 7-3-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
United States of Political Pandering.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is just pandering to get the Black vote, or Bernie has some serious disconnect going on. Of course, having been in politics for decades, it's probably both.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Poor choice of words, yes. Campaign destroyer? Yes, if you are a super sensitive person. He still won. 99.9% of online polls have him winning, but the MSM are saying HIllary won by a few points.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

He's talking about institutional racism which is something most white people don't understand and certainly no white person in this country has ever experienced. He's right and a lot of people of all skin tones agree.

ETA: LOL @ people knee-jerking and crying pandering. The topic of institutional racism is an ongoing discussion/debate and something Bernie has subscribed to since the 60's.
edit on 3/7/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That statement is wrong on so many levels. Its offensive to everyone, for example try reversing it.

When you have never been poor then you don't know what its like to be poor. I really hope that one day we can all move past this race division. He is basically trying to say that the experience of being poor is profoundly different if your black then white.

In reality having no money still results in not being able to buy a cheeseburger, poor is poor.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well that was a dumb thing to say.

He trying the trump trick now of spouting dumb # to see what sticks?

+48 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm sorry but the apologists aren't going to put a band-aid on this one by claiming "his exact words actually meant this".

What he said is as clear as day and it is racial pandering no matter how you try to spin it. No candidate is perfect, but honestly I lost some respect for Sanders when I heard this last night.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Just because racism against black people exists does not change the fact that you can be poor and white. It might be different but poor = no or little money. What if I was to argue " you don't know what it is like to be poor if your woman". It makes no sense.

+46 more 
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

He's talking about institutional racism which is something most white people don't understand and certainly no white person in this country has ever experienced. He's right and a lot of people of all skin tones agree.

ETA: LOL @ people knee-jerking and crying pandering. The topic of institutional racism is an ongoing discussion/debate and something Bernie has subscribed to since the 60's.

There is no such thing as institutional racism anymore. Stop making things up and/or reading Salon.com.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
what an ignorant thing to say, I thought this guy was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I was really hoping that Bern was the kind of liberal that had a clue. But I suppose he's like all of the rest.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
A Jewish politician with an Anti-White agenda, how surprising...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

'When You're White American You Don't Know What It's Like To Be Poor'

Fixed that for da bern. Even at his most miserable times during the 30 years he could not keep a private sector job, no matter how much of a failure he has been during his entire waste of time on this planet, he has never been as bad off as truly poor people in the rest of the world.

This is not an insult to Americans. This is pointing out how well we have it in this country, that our poor are better off than what other countries consider middle-class or even affluent.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
db post
edit on 7-3-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Complete BS, I felt pretty poor when I was sleeping in my car at that point in my life. My family on one side of the family has always been and still is poor. My mother grew up without running water in the backwoods of SC, pretty poor. I have friends who you guessed it are white and poor. I'll also tell you this poor white people get harassed almost as much as poor black folks. I'll admit that I say almost because cops do tend to profile black folks but I promise you this you can definitely know what it's like to be POOR and WHITE.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Poor is a state of mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Another example of the poster politicians and their campaign managers, the same old same, starts with the pandering to the "latinos and others", then to the black votes and the lighter shades are the evil of all so they are used as scapegoat, sadly the most of the tax payers working class in America are vilified over the rest, in America if you are of lighter shade, work and pay taxes is your fault that the country is in the crapper.

Wait ten more years and the line of pandering will go, American Arab Muslims, Latinos and other minorities, and blacks

It's that great.

Yes I am latina.

What a whole bunch of crap.
edit on 7-3-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join