It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Without Borders Build Wooden Migrant Camp At Dunkirk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

www.japantimes.co.jp...

The charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) will on Monday open a refugee camp in northern France without the blessing of the French government.

The need for security will likely be the reason for the odd, cell-like windows. More or better windows are essential for the wellbeing of the occupants. Wooden cells like this encourage cabin fever, brooding, inward thinking.

edit on 7 3 2016 by Kester because: remove word

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
How do you open a refugee camp without the hosts countries consent?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

First buy shares in the teargas and bulldozer industry. Then go right ahead. You can't lose.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
While they did all this, there are still people living on the streets of French cities that just don't matter to these goons.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Even third world refugee camps get built under the power grid. At least in first world countries we reserve the cancer clusters for schools and free clinics.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's racist.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That's racist.

Meh

2nd line

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That's racist.

Meh

2nd line

It was a joke.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm also concerned by the lack of an emergency exit. It's always a good idea to have a door or hatch that can be burst open from the inside when living in these conditions.

Off topic, did you see the explanation I left for you here? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Sadly, when charities like MSF who do amazing work globally, start getting involved in politics like this "stunt", they have lost the plot.

MSF need to stick to their core purpose of providing medical care, otherwise they will lose the faith of those who believe in their work.

Edit to add that I hope they have used halal wood, else the migrants will burn it down!. They'll probably burn it all down anyway.
edit on 7/3/2016 by paraphi because: Edit for reason given

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Who owns the land that this is situated on?,

On a side note and a personal one I lost faith in charities a long time ago I can only think they will have a funding drive very soon coming to a high street near you.

I cannot even put a small outbuilding on my own property without planning persmission, I know as I wanted to convert a old 20 foot shipping container to have ago at off the grid living as a bit of a experiment yet it seems putting up small towns is not a issue if you know the right people..

I wonder what the local populace think of all this and will it yet again be another migrant jungle that thousands of economic migrants flock to??...

RA

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It has a berm just like the original Liberty North in Baghdad.

I wonder if food will be catered by Gulf Coast Catering?

I wonder if interpreters will be provided by Titan.

So, what I see is MSF (KBR) is building at least one Migrant Camp (Forward Operating Base) to assist with the immigrant crisis (invasion).

What are they calling it FOB Islamophobia?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That's racist.

Meh

2nd line

It was a joke.

I know, you were supposed to laugh at my reply too

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

So, a new " Departure Lounge To The U.K." has now been constructed.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It is in the interest of 'charitable organizations' to keep problems going.

Once a problem is resolved the cash stops flowing.

If it wasn't for these so called 'charities' these people would have gone home by now............their plight is their own resposnbility. They are in a safe country and just 'fancy' being somewhere else? Come on! Really?

Stop helping them to destroy their own lives. These deceived souls need help to get back home and that is all.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

While they did all this, there are still people living on the streets of French cities that just don't matter to these goons.

That makes no sense. You could equally be housing the peeps on the street and saying theres still asylum seekers without houses.

Thought like that would get nothing done. Nice to see peeps actually doing something about these issues..

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
German SS officer from WW2:Ahh so i see they have made it easier to burn them all to death with a accidental fire and accidentally locking their doors from the outside.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The lack of an emergency exit is likely to be a problem. Being stuck in there with someone you don't like between you and the door wouldn't be pleasant. The windows should be big enough to climb through, and/or a hatch low down that could be burst open from inside.

Volunteers maintaining the shelters at Calais said the main request was for added security. The security issue suggests a high proportion of criminals. More filtering is required to separate the criminal elements. No one wants them, except charities.
edit on 8 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

That makes no sense. You could equally be housing the peeps on the street and saying theres still asylum seekers without houses.

Thought like that would get nothing done. Nice to see peeps actually doing something about these issues..

No, the French homeless had a prior need that was ignored and are put further down the list by the importation of more needy people.

It's the same in UK cities whose councils have announced they want to take in thousands of migrants...All without dealing with the homeless already in their communities.
edit on 44pTue, 08 Mar 2016 01:58:44 -060020162016-03-08T01:58:44-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Claiming they intend to house them then backing down is creating false hope. These types really need to start balancing their promises with a bit of common sense and practicality.

During the Labour leadership contest, Ms Cooper said she would help in any way that she could, including taking in a refugee.

But appearing on LBC to discuss the EU referendum, she told Nick Ferrari that she hadn't invited one into her spare room... because the government told her not to.

She said: "I think we should be offering sanctuary. We've said from the start, if people need homes we should be offering them.

"But if you listen to what the government said, they've said they don't want people to take people into their homes. What they want is to provide housing for some of the small number of Syrian refugees that have come over."

When Nick queried again if she'd taken in her refugee, she responded: "No, because the government has said that's not what they're looking for."

Nick carried on: "So because David Cameron tells you not to do it, you don't do it?"
www.lbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join