It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho Pastor Shot a Day After Delivering Prayer for Cruz at Campaign Rally

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo....fooled authorities by telling them what they wanted to hear, and then killing when released. .... Evil incarnate.

A good friend had a narcissistic sociopath family member for whom the family would try to get psychiatric help. The problem is, this person could fool even the psychiatrists, by putting on a good show. She knew exactly what to say to get them agreeing with her.

There's an interesting read on that horrible evil that a human can do, People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil by M. Scott Peck, psychiatrist.

Sometimes, very disturbed people turn to what a church has to offer as a way to fight what is inside them, to give them some peace. I remember a very disturbed young man who all of a sudden "got religion"; within two weeks he had committed murder, his anger had gotten out of control.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

originally posted by: Curious69
a reply to: desert
I hope that they catch the shooter and i wish the person shot good luck.

I do, too, Curious, I do, too. I read that the pastor is recovering and the suspect is still out there. The suspect's family is distraught and want their son to surrender and get the help he needs. This is extremely sad all around.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's a political season so everything that CAN be attributed to an ideology will be.

I hope they catch the nut and the guy recovers.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I'd just read about this shooting shortly before you introduced me to this thread.

What really sticks out for me is the bullet that stopped at his skull.

And the messages from those who know the pastor saying things like, 'Knowing Tim, he'll want to meet the shooter and have a laugh about it'.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It has been reported the shooter, Kyle Odom, who shot at Pastor Remington 12 times, hitting him 6, has been apprehended. Unlike nearby Washington State, Idaho employs capital punishment for those sentenced to the maximum extent of the law. If Remington passes as a result of this animal's actions, Odom deserves just that. Washington's Governor Jay Inslee imposed a moratorium shortly after taking his oath, in direct opposition to the will of voters.

Inslee, the recently elected Governor, is a self proclaimed progressive. Funny how people like Inslee decry the injustices of the criminal justice system, and how criminal's actions are sometimes the fault of not being loved, or being bullied, etc.,etc. That is until he or a loved one becomes a victim of crime. The tune's a little different then, eh Gov?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I tend to think that shooting someone six times would qualify for the death penalty even if the victim didn't actually die. It is pretty obvious that the intent to kill was there so why should he get a lesser sentence just because he wasn't a good shot or the victim had a ferocious will to live?
I know that if someone shot me six times I'd want him put down so there was no possibility of anyone else having to suffer at his hands.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Heard the pastor is doing well. And the suspect's also been captured.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Captured at the White House! Threw two suspicious items over the fence.
www.washingtontimes.com...

The man suspected of shooting a prominent Idaho evangelical pastor was arrested Tuesday outside the White House hours after claiming his victim was a Martian.
Kyle Odom, 30, was arrested in Washington, D.C., two days after the attack on Tim Remington outside Altar Church in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, after Sunday services.

KKLY suggested that Mr. Odom, a former Marine with no criminal record but a history of mental illness, may be suffering delusions. “In a Facebook post Tuesday afternoon, hours before he was reportedly taken into custody, Odom posted that he had shot Pastor Tim 12 times – Remington was hit six times – because he claimed he was a Martian who had ruined his life,” KXLY wrote.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I live in Coeur d'Alene Idaho right where this church is, and I know both pastor Tim and Kyle, I have lived here my whole life. I have attended the Altar church several times even though I do not identify as a Christian.

You read it here first!

Tim and Kyle had an affair together and essentially this is a lover's quarrel. Don't believe me? Just watch the news it will surface as Kyle (Whom I have met from other friends locally) is a proclaimed bisexual, and pastor Tim has had some past accusations about homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Another reason why America needs stricter gun laws. Mental healthcare is secondary.
edit on 9-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Trump told him to do it because he's a trump supporter!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Already reported here as captured, but this source is an intense look into Odom's thinking.
Idaho shooting suspect’s ‘hypersexual’ Martian manifesto is a window into an unraveling mind

Planned before the Cruz rally.

A death penalty is not a deterrent to madness. Having a death penalty did not deter this crime.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
I live in Coeur d'Alene Idaho right where this church is, and I know both pastor Tim and Kyle, I have lived here my whole life. I have attended the Altar church several times even though I do not identify as a Christian.

You read it here first!

Tim and Kyle had an affair together and essentially this is a lover's quarrel. Don't believe me? Just watch the news it will surface as Kyle (Whom I have met from other friends locally) is a proclaimed bisexual, and pastor Tim has had some past accusations about homosexuality.

There's always more to the story.

I researched the pastor. He definitely does not have a squeaky clean history.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Odom's manifesto is posted on-line.Odom's Manifesto

Weird stuff. Martians, mind control, alien breeding, oh and of course the sex. Who said something about the pastor and Odom having a thing? Looks like a possibility.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You read it here first!

How many people in your life do you know with "squeaky clean" history?
What a bunch of manure! What did he do to deserve to be shot six times by a paranoid delusional?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

You read it here first!

How many people in your life do you know with "squeaky clean" history?
What a bunch of manure! What did he do to deserve to be shot six times by a paranoid delusional?

Its a statement.

Its a fact.

Did I make a judgement? NO.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You read it here first!

Indeed, there is more to this story and as details emerge, it becomes more twisted and convoluted. Odom's action's can partially be explained by his disconnect with reality, but FB posts and rantings he put to various mediums paint a truly disturbed individual with pent-up political ideas.

Those left coping with the pain and chaos Odom left in his wake have my sympathy regardless of what transpired between him and Remington prior to the shooting.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

You read it here first!

Indeed, there is more to this story and as details emerge, it becomes more twisted and convoluted. Odom's action's can partially be explained by his disconnect with reality, but FB posts and rantings he put to various mediums paint a truly disturbed individual with pent-up political ideas.

Those left coping with the pain and chaos Odom left in his wake have my sympathy regardless of what transpired between him and Remington prior to the shooting.

It seems he and his wife did good work. It seems he was open to counseling anyone who needed help, including LGBT - - even though he told them they couldn't be LGBT and be with God.

Odom could be a victim of Schizophrenia. Symptoms can begin in early adulthood. I had a friend this happened to with both her son and daughter.

What seems may not always be as it seems. Its happened so many times.

I do feel for the victims.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join