It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho Pastor Shot a Day After Delivering Prayer for Cruz at Campaign Rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How horrible! From what I read about his Life's work, he worked with some pretty hardcore situations. I suspect the person who shot him knew him. My sister was threatened by a mentally unstable woman in her church years ago. These things do happen, rare, but they do happen.

The headline has got to be the worst headline ever. Whoever came up with it needs to go back to journalism school.

Hate begets hate. Thank God his parishioners understand that. Thoughts and prayers are what is needed now.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69
The only positive thing about this is that a crazy person shot another crazy person.If he lives he can claim that god helped him through and if he dies he gets to be with his beloved maker, win win.

Your tolerance and open mindedness should be an example for us all.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
How horrible! From what I read about his Life's work, he worked with some pretty hardcore situations. I suspect the person who shot him knew him. My sister was threatened by a mentally unstable woman in her church years ago. These things do happen, rare, but they do happen.

The headline has got to be the worst headline ever. Whoever came up with it needs to go back to journalism school.

Hate begets hate. Thank God his parishioners understand that. Thoughts and prayers are what is needed now.

The headline in the link is misleading and prompts readers to assume the shooting is a result of the Pastor's involvement at the Cruz rally, one day prior. If the motive is indeed political, updates will be featured prominently on both sides of MSM.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The only positive thing about this is that a crazy person shot another crazy person.If he lives he can claim that god helped him through and if he dies he gets to be with his beloved maker, win win.

Ok ill play along, im openminded. But not that openminded. and im not a big fan of hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Ok ill play along, im openminded. But not that openminded. and im not a big fan of hypocrisy.

You mean hypocrisy such as telling others to be tolerant when you are completely intolerant?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

What did i write thats not on topic? he happens to be a pastor how is that relevant? how many posts starts with plumber shot outside house after installing lead pipes in michigan.
it seems that being a pastor is somehow special and relevant.
it could just be a person shooting another person like it happens 90 times everyday in murica. nothing special clear the streets.

Yes, he's special and relevant to the people in the community.

I'm neither Christian nor support Cruz, not even to mention sad to see people in the area grieving because he has been very helpful to them, but has people worried now because the killer is at large and as it being possibly politically related but of course be something else considering he helped people as a counselor,etc.

In 1985 Remington and his wife became interested in street ministry and helping those who have problems with drugs, alcohol, and perversion.

They then began helping people by taking them into their home. Since that time, Remington has received a degree in counseling. Now his life consists of Victim Offender Mediation, Family Mediation, Drug and Alcohol Counseling, Critical counseling, Idaho Character Council, executive member of the Community Christian Coalition, and Director of Good Samaritan Rehabilitation drug and alcohol residential facilities.

Source

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

all good and well, he was/is a caring "person" your quotes just made me wonder what kind of perversions he tried to cure?
i can imagine, but i would really like to hear it from you since you seem to be an admirer of this pastor.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

For sure.

At one time, church violence like this was unheard of, and so it does make the news when it happens. Unfortunately, the world we live in now is vastly different. Here is an article about ministry violence. And here is a website re those statistics (by Mr. Chinn, mentioned in the article).

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I guess its a good sign"not the violence" it shows that people are less inclined to buy into the premise of religion and are loosing respect for people that thinks that being nearer to god somehow makes them better/special, and less fearfull of being struck by lightning because they deny religious oppression.
I hope that they catch the shooter and i wish the person shot good luck.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

You should go to the church mentioned in the article and read your post to his family and friends. I'm sure you'd be salve to everyone's pain.

Im sure god would strike me dead with lightning if i have said anything wrong, dont you have any faith?

As far as I know, God doesn't arbitrarily strike people dead if they "said anything wrong". Even attention seekers like you. You won't goad me into a back-and-forth like you did with stormbringer, so I guess you'll just have to play with yourself.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

You should go to the church mentioned in the article and read your post to his family and friends. I'm sure you'd be salve to everyone's pain.

Im sure god would strike me dead with lightning if i have said anything wrong, dont you have any faith?

nope, nope.....one has to read the book.....to get this.......
Ya just gotta read it a little.....

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Thanks ill gladly play with myself. and i have not gone blind yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
OK, people, that'll be enough.

Post to the topic, or don't post.

Don't reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

all good and well, he was/is a caring "person" your quotes just made me wonder what kind of perversions he tried to cure?
i can imagine, but i would really like to hear it from you since you seem to be an admirer of this pastor.

I'm not an admirer and am not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand. I didn't write the article, but who knows he may have been counseling those charged with molestation and rape. Rather than one might assume that he was "counseling gay people because he sees them as perverts". If in fact it has to do with offenders(molestation and rape)I don't know that seems a little better than just letting them out of prison only to re offend without having counseling, etc.

Like I said, not to make it personal as it's not warranted here, I am not Christian, but apparently turning to the bible(and or having Christian based counseling if that's what he always did) is what works for some. Again, I did not write the article nor know this man personally, you might want to research it if you want to see what the "perversions" meant.
edit on 7-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

I'm not an admirer and am not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand. I didn't write the article, but who know he may have been counseling those charged with molestation and rape. Rather than one might assume that he was "counseling gay people because he sees them as perverts". If in fact it has to do with offenders(molestation and rape)I don't know that seems a little better than just letting them out of prison only to re offend without having counseling, etc.

Like I said, not to make it personal as it's not warranted here, I am not Christian, but apparently turning to the bible(and or having Christian based counseling if that's what he always did) is what works for some. Again, I did not write the article nor know this man personally, you might want to research it if you want to see what the "perversions" meant.

Thanks for your reply, i must admit that my outlook on the pastor/s would change depending on the kind of perversions he think he could/can treat, but i dont think that its a healthy way of recieving treatment for any kind of illness.
I wonder how he managed to identify rapists and molesters as a street preacher and why the government are not the one trying to counsil with real professionals while in prison?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

I'm not an admirer and am not sure how this is relevant to the topic at hand. I didn't write the article, but who know he may have been counseling those charged with molestation and rape. Rather than one might assume that he was "counseling gay people because he sees them as perverts". If in fact it has to do with offenders(molestation and rape)I don't know that seems a little better than just letting them out of prison only to re offend without having counseling, etc.

Thanks for your reply, i must admit that my outlook on the pastor/s would change depending on the kind of perversions he think he could/can treat, but i dont think that its a healthy way of recieving treatment for any kind of illness.
I wonder how he managed to identify rapists and molesters as a street preacher and why the government are not the one trying to counsil with real professionals while in prison?

I would suspect these were people who were convicted and out of jail on probation and that would assume as much that he may be involved with that from his work with Victim Offender Mediation(one source) as mentioned in the article.

Not sure about other areas of the country, but in the Inland NW/N. ID and Wash., it seems many are just let out without further intervention than just probation visits. The government is not always full proof on follow ups of convicted person's mental health. Some places really allow people to fall through the cracks within the mental health system without help-see the case with North Idaho- Joseph Duncan who kidnapped and murdered children(and the family of children), etc.

edit on 7-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Charles Campbell is an example of a paroled convict that fooled authorities by telling them what they wanted to hear, and then killing when released. Campbell plotted and fumed at the injustice of his situation(rapist), and made good on his prior threats. He committed triple homicide, including a 9 year old girl. Evil incarnate.

Campbell was hanged for his crimes on May 27, 1994. While cleaning out his cell after execution, authorities found a piece of metal Campbell had been crafting into a knife.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
They have identified a suspect who is a local man the victim may have known.

A source close to the Remington family says that Tim Remington and Kyle Odom may have known each other.

Kyle Odom is 30 years old, blond, and about six feet tall. Police say he's on the run tonight, believed to be driving a silver 2004 Honda Accord with Idaho license plate K578519.

Odom is believed to be armed and dangerous. If you see him, you're urged to call 911 right away.
www.khq.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join