It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should your mind be considered a private space?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Welcome to the New World Order…

Davos - "committed to improving the state of the world by engaging various leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas".

Davos Elite Reveal Orwellian Plan to Decode Your Brain and Read Your Mind

edit on 6-3-2016 by EsotericGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Always. What is in my mind should be solely mine unless/until I decide to speak it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Exactly!

Imagine the implications of this!

They read our minds and then declare that we will commit future crimes!

link   
I'd just like to quickly point out that GOD acts as an All Seeing Eye of which you have no privacy and can't escape or hide from. Often, RELIGION implements this psychological trick because LETS GET HONEST, if you're being watched... and you're gonna have to face the consequences of your actions... well, you're gonna think twice about sinning, or in this case, breaking the law.

It's not entirely an AWFUL THING, but the issue is people subconsciously catch onto the fact that we DON'T deal with immediate consequences for our actions, therefore we are NOT really being watched(even our thoughts), and even if we are we're not having to deal with being judged anytime soon so.... why not. Test the boundaries. And voila. There you have it.

The point is, though, really, believing in God means you've inadvertently given up your privacy.

link   
If a convincing argument can't be made that one's own mind is theirs alone then there is no individual and no individual freedoms truly exist at all
edit on 6-3-2016 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think the question is, how much will we give up to gain paradise, to be safe? It's really kind of deep. Because in your own household you lay down the rules and some parents will sift through their teenagers things- these parents are acting as an all seeing eye, as well. And is it wrong? Where do you cross the line? Each nation is like a household, after all.

But I think the bottom line is... like I've said elsewhere... it really depends on the eye. Whether or not it's the evil eye of sauron, or the loving eye of "god," or a parent figure who just knows better because they've been around longer.

And we can figure out pretty easily whether or not that eye is evil... and then revolt if it is, cause what do we have to lose? YOLO. And also, there's tons of us little pions and nobodies, and only a few somebodies. And that's that.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Haven't even read past the OP title. Answer is:
your mind is a private place.

There's no "should it be" about it.

edit on 3/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Agreed. To an extent. God also gave free will and says when/if you need Him, just invite Him into your heart. I'm thinking maybe He doesn't monitor all thoughts we have.

I could be wrong, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EsotericGod

If my "mind" was an open book. . . . it'd be on the back shelf behind a beaded curtain marked, "Adults Only".

And I'd already be serving multiple life sentences.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The mind is a private space, until mind reading technology is readily available.

It's as simple as that.

The home was a private space, until technology to scan inside homes became readily available.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
absolutely. except if lost, when it becomes public property.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

I think there's a lot of truth to what you're saying. I feel like, more and more... we can't stray from the path. It's impossible. Cause we're all locked in, like the final answer in who wants to be a millionaire, lol. We're just a bunch of forces that's been set into motion, we need only run our courses. And every decision we make is based on preconceived conditions. And maybe our minds are ours, but they're made up of everything we come into contact with, too. So I guess, it's all about going with the flow... giving up and giving in.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Because you just literally questioned whether or not God monitors every thought? lol.
You must be naughty.

But it's ok cause so am I.
We're human.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
According to someone who fell off a balcony and visited Heaven via NDE (Dr. Richard Eby), thoughts in Heaven immediately become actions...

Having been an amateur botanist as a schoolboy, I immediately decided to pick a bouquet. To my amazement the unexpected happened. My thought (to stoop and pick flowers) became the act! Here in Paradise I discovered that there is no time lag between thought and act. A word, spoken or thought, became fact! (I instantly realized how the heavens and earth were so quickly made from nothing that appeared: God had simply thought what He wanted, and there it was.

www.bibleprobe.com...

Events in Paradise were occurring unbelievable fast. Thoughts and actions there seemingly vie with each other to be completed instantly. The environment of Heaven with its timelessness, weightlessness, and lack of all earthly confusion and stress results in a type of "joy" unattainable in this world system. I simply stood (floated) quietly, peacefully, entranced in an experience which only a Living, Loving God could have arranged for His followers!

www.ctestimony.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

If there's a Heaven, then I am so screwed.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Murgatroid

If there's a Heaven, then I am so screwed.

heavens overrated i can't place where i heard this but its stuck with me awhile "I'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven"

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

No, I'm not naughty. But I have been married for almost 16 years and we have about 100 children....based on the amount of noise they make and the size of the mess made. If my thoughts were ever monitored by God, I'm positive I would have already been struck by lightning. Therefore, I'm sticking with a higher chance that He watches our actions, but only listens when asked to.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
heavens overrated i can't place where i heard this...

My guess would be the author is someone who was either evicted and/or whose goal in life is to stop others from going there...

This is why it is SO important to keep a watch over what gets past your eye and ear gates.

All it takes is just one small lie inside of that "private space" to completely distort ones view of reality and completely side track or alter the course of ones destiny.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: malevolent
heavens overrated i can't place where i heard this...

My guess would be the author is someone who was either evicted and/or whose goal in life is to stop others from going there...

This is why it is SO important to keep a watch over what gets past your eye and ear gates.

All it takes is just one small lie inside of that "private space" to completely distort ones view of reality and completely side track or alter the course of ones destiny.
quite true one tiny flaw in perspection can make or break a person. now while my view of the world may be different i do not feel its wrong even someone doesn't agree with it does that make it right. so the point is looking into all our minds and then trying to judge by just that isn't. we as a species are individuals if they try doing that then we all might as well be brainwashed clones
edit on 6-3-2016 by malevolent because: flaws

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I was just teasing, and yea I'm a firm believer that we'd all have been struck by lightning so you're not alone in that!.

Also, isn't it nice to just decide to believe in whatever you want to believe in...? Seems so easy to do. Like, an all-seeing god that is capable of actually reading our minds? NO WAY THATS TOO MUCH! It's far too uncomfortable, its making us all sweat at the very thought. So how about we just modify and adjust our belief systems so we're not put in that hot seat again. Let's just believe in a god that CAN do that, but doesn't out of respect.

Actually, that's kind of a good idea. A God that only goes snooping around when something starts smelling fishy(sometimes literally). Kinda like good parenting.

You're not so bad, Kentuckymama. Amen!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join