It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

let the asteroid hit us

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Or, do you think my 4 year old son deserves to be killed?

I feel for both you and the OP man, I see both sides.

Your son has a heck of a bad world coming along with his future.
Then of course we all die maybe it would be less painful if we all went at once.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
thats the thing. human morality versus animal morality and nature. nature is out there waiting to eat us for lunch. it doesnt matter if a bear eats us or an asteroid hits us. our own victimized minds prevent us from realizing our true philosophy in nature. the point of this thread is to show disgust at reality of being in flesh. my spirit calls out but there is only me and these brain bugs that torchure me. if it were my choice id say lets make it a paradise. but there are things like nuclear power polutting our planet. scary diseases, psychotic violent minds. morons who vote. etc etc..
edit on 7-3-2016 by sanitizedinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Well, i dont welcome the end. I think mankind is amazing. So, we stumble...big deal. You can be a negative nancy if you want, id rather look at things in a positive light. just over a hundred years ago, we were not even flying...and today we have high res close up images of methane snow on Plutos moons from a probe we sent on a 10 year journey.

Nancy speaking...Yes while millions have no clean drinking water and babies lose arms and legs in war and from disease... cool methane snow

Oh bore off. We can focus our attention on more than one thing at a time. We are trying to solve the water issue.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Then of course we all die maybe it would be less painful if we all went at once.

I think at any point in history one could have said to another, "It's a bad world out there. You sure you want to bring a child into it?"

Like a lot of people, if I sit and think only about the horrors, the world seems, well, horrible. However, an individual life can be quite rewarding (as mine is so I'm glad that my parents decided to have me).

I think the difference between my view and that of the OP is, if an individual wants to "opt out" of this world, while I would likely try to discourage them, it is entirely up to that individual. It appears that the OP wants to make that choice for everyone. That is the difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I think at any point in history one could have said to another, "It's a bad world out there. You sure you want to bring a child into it?"

Like a lot of people, if I sit and think only about the horrors, the world seems, well, horrible. However, an individual life can be quite rewarding (as mine is so I'm glad that my parents decided to have me).

I think the difference between my view and that of the OP is, if an individual wants to "opt out" of this world, while I would likely try to discourage them, it is entirely up to that individual. It appears that the OP wants to make that choice for everyone. That is the difference.

Thank you. It's as if mankind has done and is doing nothing good at all . No. It's all wars and famine.

I hate that negative attitude. But i guess this kind of forum attractive these negative types. If you go to a physics forum, im sure people will be more positive about man's achievements.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
life is great until you get a disease, or killed by an ignorant nutbag.

Lmao, so life sucks because of death, therefore the solution is mass death? I enjoy existing thank you very much, if you want to end it all there's nothing stopping you, no need to drag anybody else along with you. But you're still breathing so my guess is you do not hate existing as much as you think you do.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This world is only as bad as you let it be. Look there are days where I agree that this place is terrible and heading down the wrong path but once you start to realize you have no control of it and just do what you do you'll start to enjoy a more peaceful life. Take each day one day at a time. As bad as you think you have it OP there is always someone who has it much worse. Don't take things for granted.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What a wonderfully vague thread. We don't even know what's going on next door and you guys want to speculate on how yer going to feel if space rocks hits you. What if earthworms carried M4s? Would have been a better thread title. Bye.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

i was using this example of my feelings to make a more serious point that we can stop disasters that make the world a terrible place, but were so distracted with b.s.s media and communication technology that we never get real information to make serious changes.
edit on 7-3-2016 by sanitizedinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

all your my little ponies, belong to us?

Jaden

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Just in time for Bronycon.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's a real thing jerk, stop hatin!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

How could you possibly hate adult males who dress up as My Little Pony? If I ever think I am too effed up I can just look at them and realize I am not even remotely close to the end of the scale.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join