It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone hate the middle classes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I dont sit around doing nothing. I work 9-5 or sometimes 7-6 in a high stress enviroment. Im not getting paid to do bugger all.

I wouldn't suggest any such thing. Just simply trying to find missing pieces of your equation. I did say that I was "guessing." Sorry.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: yesyesyes
It's a poor victimized globalist banker! Quick give him a tax break!

Right, let's attack the working poor; lazy scum and Never a complaint about the corporations getting all the taxpayer funded subsidies and tax breaks. "To big to fail" bailouts and the CEOs get a bonus paid for by the taxpayers....WTF?

I even remember the political fight about suggesting that bailout money couldn't go towards bankers compensation, specifically bonus payout. I remember certain ideologues here on ATS argued for pages about how it was unfair for the government to deny bonuses for executives who received bailout money because it would "set a dangerous precedent" by breaking private contractual obligations...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I don't think its a hate for this group, but look at it this way, if the middle class went out of their way to make sure the lower class moved up in ranking to join the middle class with providing them on the job training and paid them well for working, then there would be a valid strong argument against excessively taxing the middle class along with strength in numbers and huge tax breaks for having elliminated the working lower class. What we assume would then be needed is welfare for those still in poverty because they are rebellious or physically or mentally disabled and claim they cannot work. The truth is most of them can participate by working and help produce or service something needed by the community, the work just needs to be tailored to fit their special needs in a special needs environment. If our minors with special needs can be sent to school all day, 5 days a week, adults can to do the same in a special needs work setting. The only people not contributing to active work are the elderly disabled, severely disabled adults and the extreme rebellious. Those people should not be a tax burden on the general population after a generation passes of no more lower working class, only a middle class, with the parents of special needs children made solely responsible for their care their entire life time if their adult child cannot, or refuses to, work. Which is financially burdensome to them and not the community/tax payers, but doable if the parent/s are now the working middle class. The only welfare recipients at this point are those who become severly disabled in adulthood and the severly disabled elderly. It would be revealing to find at that point the percentage of the U.S. population that is either so severly disabled they cannot work or so rebellious they refuse to or create continual problems even with the best opportunities available to them that are undeniably the most charitable with providing on the job training with the best pay worldwide.
At this point, because the middle class is so awesome, compassionate and functional and lifted up the very ones they themselves could have easily been had it not been for the weird casts of luck, timing and grace that forged them forward to financial breathability, the rich bow down in awe and agree to paying the bulk of the taxes to the government, who in turn bow down to them in awe and say that because society is so functional, they no longer need so many government employees due to the civilian world now being a safe and enjoyable place for everyone to work in, cutting taxes down even further.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: nonspecific

Every family we help in our community have jobs. That is the point. Working people who want to be self sustaining but the burdens are too heavy. Going to the dentist is a luxury in our country. Remember when we had good teeth. Lost.

Best solution? Everyone stop voting for liberals/progressives that keep taxing us and raising the cost of living.

Because that's what they do.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

if you sit in the lower part of the 1% your not a middle class
maybe people hate you because you claim to be middle class when you are obviously rich

not that it bothers me, always happy to hear people are self made rather than being fed on a silver spoon.l

i wish you luck, but you are rich, not middle

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Why does everyone hate the middle classes?

Because they work for a living and they posse a danger to the status quo, the government had done a great job vilifying them to keep them from complaining.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
MCLM.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

maybe people hate you because you claim to be middle class when you are obviously rich

not that it bothers me, always happy to hear people are self made rather than being fed on a silver spoon.l

The kind of money he is earning does not make him anywhere near rich to be honest. at the £40-60k bracket and with no kids it makes him relatively comfortable at best.

Here in the UK £52,000 pa soon dwindles.

Income tax: £10,203.00

National insurance: £4,311.30

Student loan repayments: £3,158.00.

So total "at source" deductions come to £17,672.30 or 35.3% of his income before it even gets to him.

Then you have council tax which is paid by anyone who owns or rents a house on average this is about £1500 per annum.

house rental across the UK varies but in the south you are looking at maybe £8000-£15000 per annum.

Travel, utilities, food, pensions insurance ect....

Not going to be a great deal left after all is said and done but bear in mind that the average wage in the UK is about £26000 per annum with £6,050.80 deductions at source or 23% of income and minimum wage gives you around £14,040.00, deductions on this wage will be £1,405.60per annum or 10% of income.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

ah sorry did not know it was £50,000 ish - yeah not rich, its an average joint house hold income i suppose, im not far off that figure myself. but yeah deffo not rich my end either. Outgoings just accommodate your incomings.

my bad

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I do not believe that. You and your kind want 0 taxes and anarchy. You think you will come out on top. The movement is toward fascism, mayhem, war, like the The Levant, or ME. Lots of money to be made of human suffering. That is what the rich know.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Finally someone had the common sense to bring this point up.

He's not middle class. He's high class - how he got there matters, but not many people actually care about him. We're after the billionaires that own out congressional representative and senators.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Finally someone had the common sense to bring this point up.

He's not middle class. He's high class - how he got there matters, but not many people actually care about him. We're after the billionaires that own out congressional representative and senators.

He is not High class, he is only just scraping middle class to be honest.

He earns the same amount of money as a low ranking GP(family doctor)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What classes someone as middle class or upper class these days. It's not like downton abbey any more. People need to move away from materialism and desires for tokens of wealth and concentrate on what's really important in life, which you will probably only discover when the chips are down and your wealth can't help with #. That counts for all social classes rich and poor

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Lol, all this talk of class and such like, there are too many whingers in society as far as I see things, lazy bastards who think the world owes them a favour.
Good luck to anyone who works hard to achieve, because that is all it takes. I've got millionaire friends (investment bankers & major landlords) and mates who live on benefits because they are lazy and having enough to smoke pot and sit on their arse is enough for them.

No, there are plenty of opportunities in the UK, and out of all my friends and family it is only the lazy ones who complain.
They are usually the ones living in subsidised rented homes owned by the council and paid for by the rest of us.
I don't mind, but in the overwhelming majority of cases it is all down to effort and motivation, just irritating to listen to people whinging when they do # all to improve their personal situation.
...same as fat people whinging about being fat but sitting on their arses and eating too much food.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What classes someone as middle class or upper class these days. It's not like downton abbey any more. People need to move away from materialism and desires for tokens of wealth and concentrate on what's really important in life, which you will probably only discover when the chips are down and your wealth can't help with #. That counts for all social classes rich and poor

They came up with this a few years ago and its absurd. I came 2 classes below working class somehow??

UK government class identifier.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand i was always under the impression that if you worked for a living your working class. Made sense to me. To me life is not about aspiring to be in a certain class, but to enjoy the short time we have here. If that offends people, it's their problem really. Millions of pounds wouldn't make much of a difference in my life at the moment. I'm not lacking anything. Very few people are lacking anything in their lives.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Agreed, I don't take any notice of the class thing, I've always been 'me' no matter what I've done to earn my money. I've been a senior civil servant in my life, mixing with ministers, making and signing decisions on behalf of Secretaries of State, and these days I run my own little business in property maintenance, plastering being my main graft.
I'm still 'me' and have have the same eclectic mix of friends in my social circles, from piss poor to millionaires.

Yeah, in my opinion it is usually just lazy bastards in the UK who whinge about 'class' and other such silliness.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Shove your lefty nonsense.

I earn by wage fair and bloody square.

I earn my holiday abroad each year and a Audi A3 and my own 2 bedroom house.

I will pay me 20% and 40% tax happily and I will pay my NI gladly.

But don’t bother me for a penny more!

Want to earn what I do? Get a better job or go bother the tax dodging million and billionaires!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

They came up with this a few years ago and its absurd. I came 2 classes below working class somehow??

UK government class identifier.

Im Technical middle class

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
DP
edit on 7-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join