It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone hate the middle classes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: nonspecific

I’m firmly in the 40% bracket

Lets just say I’m somewhere in between £40-60K

I was briefly JUST in the 45% for abit but that job was too stressful for my health.

And yeah I know some roofers that make WAAAAAAAAAAY more than me.
And good on them!
Money is out there if you work for it!

It is a funny bracket to be in. It sounds like a lot when you give a yearly figure but with tax and NI and pension and Student loan repayments ect it gets smaller fast.

I do not hate those who earn more than me just the ones that are under the illusion that their taxes pay for every single unemployed person and immigrant in the country! Not implying that you are doing that it just really boils my blood when I have to listen to someone who earns £50k a year and has 3 kids in school and the NHS, free dentists for the whole family and everything else that goes with it thinking that the tax they pay actually goes towards anything but the benefits they get from living in an advanced society.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As I say I have no problem with paying the 20% and 40% taxes. Providing I get the services.

Fact is our roads and trains infrastructure is a Fecking mess and the housing crisis makes moving nearer to work problematic.

So I rely heavily on reclaiming some tax for my travel.

To me that’s a refund for the government’s dismal incompetence.

If the government fixed the trains and roads I would be much happier to give those tax reimbursements up.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"Not implying that you are doing that it just really boils my blood when I have to listen to someone who earns £50k a year and has 3 kids in school and the NHS, free dentists for the whole family and everything else that goes with it thinking that the tax they pay actually goes towards anything but the benefits they get from living in an advanced society"

Wait a minute. That crazywok guy gets all that in his country and slams the poor in my country?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That not my or the middle classes fault.

Thats your state and fedral goverment fault for spending there tax money badly......

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
"Not implying that you are doing that it just really boils my blood when I have to listen to someone who earns £50k a year and has 3 kids in school and the NHS, free dentists for the whole family and everything else that goes with it thinking that the tax they pay actually goes towards anything but the benefits they get from living in an advanced society"

Wait a minute. That crazywok guy gets all that in his country and slams the poor in my country?

I am pretty sure that he has no kids so does not really apply to him in particular.

The ammount of tax he pays will more than cover his own personal benefits I imagine.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

God no! No bratty kids!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't pay any taxes and infact get a refund every year. It's one of the advantages of being a businessman in a country that supports LLCs.....depreciation and creative accounting...don't ya know.

Of course I game the system, it's legal. The people that buy my goods and services pay the tax....

Work for the man if that's what makes you happy, but please quit whining. Take some personal responsibility for a change!

edit on 6-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Someone has to do my job and I do enjoy it.

Just dont like lefties or Righties takeing so much of my money.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The 21st century is turning into a pity party for everyone, i have never seen any attacks on the middle class in any shape or form.
edit on 6-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

God no! No bratty kids!

You should get some, that way you would know that you are beating the system.

They are quite cheap to run if inventive and given the way the modern world works out these days after a few years you get booted out by the Mother and only have to see them at the weekend

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I dont want to "beat" the system.

I just want to be left to do a job I enjoy and get moderate rewards for my hard work and get the services I deserve from the tax I pay.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Every family we help in our community have jobs. That is the point. Working people who want to be self sustaining but the burdens are too heavy. Going to the dentist is a luxury in our country. Remember when we had good teeth. Lost.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I just want to be left to do a job I enjoy and get moderate rewards for my hard work and get the services I deserve from the tax I pay.

Can you not go self employed? it's a great way to pay less tax?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Why personalize it? It's not the lefties and righties taking your money...it's the system. Don't like it, GTFO. Change your lifestyle, be creative, ultimately it's your choice. You get no sympathy from me.

Iv'e lost my ass plenty of times...I'm not a crybaby...I change the game, location and enjoy the challenge.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Can you not go self employed? it's a great way to pay less tax?

Tried that and I earned loads but I have poor health and it took it toll.

I love the job Im in now and as I said someone has to do it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Why personalize it? It's not the lefties and righties taking your money...it's the system. Don't like it, GTFO. Change your lifestyle, be creative, ultimately it's your choice. You get no sympathy from me.

Iv'e lost my ass plenty of times...I'm not a crybaby...I change the game, location and enjoy the challenge.

Im not really asking for sympathy. Just the government to get off my back.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Im not really asking for sympathy. Just the government to get off my back.

Good luck...amigo!!

Something I learned the hard way....resentments, animus and bitterness won't do your health a damn bit of good.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I fall into that little bracket were I earn enough to live comfortble but not enough to be considered rich. My earnings put me in the 10% or the lower 1%.

So why does everyone hate me?

Divide-and-conquer. In order to justify and distract from their own bad behavior, the PTB and their lapdog media have to blame all of us for something as they screw over all of us one way or another in order to keep us fighting and hating and blaming each other... and not them... and as we fight and hate and blame each other, they continue doing what they do to benefit the few (including themselves) at the expense of the many (the rest of us)... i.e., divide-and-conquer.

Taxes are just one way this is accomplished. Who deserves to keep more/all of their hard-earned dollars? Who should be forced to pay more? What are those magical numbers? There is no right answer because it's all subjective... unless one believes (as I do) that EVERYONE has an absolute inalienable natural right to provide for themselves and their families and deserve ALL of the fruits of their labor... hence, no personal tax on any earned income would be fair and end that endless fight forever....

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's a poor victimized globalist banker! Quick give him a tax break!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
It's a poor victimized globalist banker! Quick give him a tax break!

Right, let's attack the working poor; lazy scum and Never a complaint about the corporations getting all the taxpayer funded subsidies and tax breaks. "To big to fail" bailouts and the CEOs get a bonus paid for by the taxpayers....WTF?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join