It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Reagan has passed away at the age of 94...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones

I may not like Hillary and think she is a witch but she has as much right to life on this planet as anyone else with exception of a few. I wont wish her dead nor will I belittle her death or be glad that she is gone. Have a good day!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The last real people to live in the white house and over see it for the people...

RIP Nancy
edit on 6-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
RIP Nancy Reagan? Not a chance! She's no doubt being summoned through seance enthusiasts 24/7 around the globe! I'm sure she's busy in the afterlife counseling worthy querents on how to get rich with"Voodoo Economics".

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I will send flowers to both.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Somebody died, so let's take some cheap shots.

Rip nancy

Are you giving us permission to be honest about her and her husband's disastrous time in office, or are we only allowed to pay lip service to the fake idols they have been made-out to be?

Regardless, may she have safe travels.

If you do, then remember it the next time an icon of the left dies.

I generally do not take those cheap shots. Everyone in the world has friends and family who will miss them and grieve. It really is not worth my time to dance on a soon-to-be grave just to express contempt that I'm sure I've already expressed time and again at other times.

But sure, go ahead and take your parting shots at someone who has no ability left to defend themselves. I'm sure we'll think more highly of you for it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If Hillary Clinton died tomorrow, I would not use the announcement to go on a hate rant. If I felt like I just HAD to post something, I could find a thought or two to honor the good things she had done. There are good and bad in all political servants. If I couldn't think of one, I would refrain from letting my ego demand I make a statement.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Even with the muck he made of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez had a family and relatives who miss him. They, at least, deserved the respect of time to mourn when Hugo died.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The last real people to live in the white house

You do know Ronnie was an actor, hired by the government to do propaganda?

On this day in 1943, future President Ronald Reagan, an Army Air Corps first lieutenant during World War II, is on an active-duty assignment with the Army’s First Motion Picture Unit.

Technically, Reagan was a unit public relations officer, however Warner Brothers Studios and the American Army Air Corps had tapped him the previous year to star in a motion picture called Air Force. To allow filming to go forward, Reagan was transferred from his cavalry unit to the Air Corps’ motion-picture unit in early January 1943.
www.history.com...

“They gave him duties that fit with his experience and he performed them well.”
www.defensemedianetwork.com...

...and over see it for the people...

The Iran-Contra Affair Anyone?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The 'funny' thing about it is... that is the worst that you know to say.
There is the rumor about him having a woman beaten to death because she was threatening to spill the beans about the high roller politician bonking little boys club. They say he watched it being done.

I suspect that every President since FDR is guilty of things that are as bad or worse than that rumor.

As far as what their wives knew about such things, I doubt they had any knowledge of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps that is the problem. Too many of you make people icons.

Also, I don't believe I have taken any "parting shots". By simply refusing to hold her up as some celebrity icon, like a Kardashian, my comments are considered "cheap".

Idolatry can make one blind, can it not?

edit on 6-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

(post by Looselungjones removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No more like the woman has been out of the public eye so long that I fail to see why you should feel the need to complain about what her husband did instead of simply ignoring the thread.

edit on 6-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'm not complaining about her husband's presidency. I'm commenting on how she is upheld as some sort of icon, as well as her husband, when there is no reason to do so.

Would you feel better if I posted the obligatory "RIP", as it is the "PC" thing to do?

Is it not "PC" to refuse to bow at the alter of Reagan as the rest of you do?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Perhaps that is the problem. Too many of you make people icons.

Also, I don't believe I have taken any "parting shots". By simply refusing to hold her up as some celebrity icon, like a Kardashian, my comments are considered "cheap".

Idolatry can make one blind, can it not?

Icon has various levels of meaning. One meaning: "someone who is very famous and who people think represents a particular idea".....so, yes, to some of us she was an icon of sorts....not like the Kardashian type, as in 'idol', but rather, a respectful appreciation of her amazing character, loyalty, position, and class.

edit on 6-3-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling and grammar correction

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Rest in Peace, Mrs. Reagan.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join