It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about technology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I just want to pose a simple question to see what the response is. As the general notion goes, technology in the public sector is generally 30 years behind secret technologiy(ies).

That being said, how advanced do you think secret tech is now at this point...? Technology we'll see in another 30yrs or so...?

-Lostbook

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Do you expect an answer from the Internet of 2016 from an admittedly heavily censored ISP?

Because snip

Enjoy pages of bull#.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Speaking in ignorance of course, I think is really not that further advanced, surely when it comes to weaponry and other stuff but I dont think generally speaking they are entirely 30-50 years into the future technologically speaking.

Or they could be already in mars and far into the cosmos

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It used to be the case that the military kept a lot of emerging technologies to themselves due to national security reasons, this is still the case for many relevant tech.

However what we have now, on top of this, is corporations withholding tech for financial reasons. Tech is released slowly, in small steps, to maximise profits. Can't blame them really.

As for how far ahead, who knows, but I imagine it is greater than the perceived "30 years".

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

30 years?

(thinks about it) Faster semiconductors, denser memories, the end of the rotary disk. Better bandwidth utilization. A kickass replacement for wifi. Better display technologies. QLED might be viable in the next 10.

There's a whole swath of stuff you'll never see, not even in 30. Unless you get a really technically apt president with some nads.

Oh, fusion power. The Navy wants it first for subs, they paid for it, so they arguably get the exclusive. After the new wears off that, you should see an amazing breakthrough.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The notion is UTTER BOLLOX . and thats the polite response

and before anyone yaps - yes some technologies that are still classified do out-preform what is on the open market - but that does not translate into the blanket ` 30 years ahead ` gibberish

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is technology over 90 years old that is not released to the public...
And that's from Tesla alone...
Too many advancements will never be released to the public while we are enslaved...
For to do so would free us from our bonds...
edit on 6-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If anyone was ever to launch icbms with intent to nuke...
the world would be introduced to some real technology...
edit on 6-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Too many advancements will never be released to the public while we are enslaved...
For to do so would free us from our bonds...

Interesting.........

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

If you are open to accepting info that is not put out by some outfit in the government or controlled by the government, then you should by now be aware somebody is putting craft in the air that defy conventional methods of moving through the air but these craft evidently not using air as they seem to defy gravity and mass. These machines have been called "flying saucers," UFOs, and "black triangles" in addition to other shapes being witnessed. How could that be? What a marvelous development those machines would be for the world.

Some follks that have deeply investigated the materials on such events have concluded that the early flying saucers were alien craft (just as the Army Air Corp concluded in 1948). In the 1980s the mysterious black triangles appeared to steal the thunder of the oval disks. Some, like yourself that wants to peek ahead of what the herd is led to believe, suspect that the triangles are reverse-engineered alien craft.

Looking at potentials for such craft in our hands, you can then understand why there never was a replacement for the shuttle and why the ISS has a limited time remaining. That situation being due to the more active and more numerous triangles and assorted type of craft now in the secret arsenals.

If you want to step even further along, you can suspect that those wondrous craft are deep space capable and can explain why manned flights to the Moon by rockets are never going to happen again, but are there thanks to the UFO-type of equipment. In the near future, if not at this exact moment, those ships will be plying their way to Mars in a couple of days time rather than under the restraints we now assume if such trips were by mere rockets.

Basically, the future is here now, they just allow us to know it. After all, they are the best damned weapons for domination every developed. They beat the Hell out of building stupid, virtually useless nuclear bombs.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
IF you have Any sence at all.
you would store all the knowledge you have in a safe place.
like the sphinx or/and pyramids.
the spinx is a lot older that the Pyramids.
I believe that is just what happend in the past.
civilization's collapsed.

I would bet napoleon found this store of knowledge.
and they took it off him.
they could not just let the world know it all.
so they release it slowly.

in the last 200 year technology has Shot up.
in all the years before that it crawled.
and it is geting faster each year.

So I bet they have technology 1000 years
or more ahead of what we know!

p.s. I am the first to come up with this.
edit on 6-3-2016 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I agree with Ignorant ape on this. In answer to aliensun, I do not believe that the craft that perform extra ordinary moves in our atmosphere arer ours(not American, Russian or any other nation). I believe that the US powers have incorperated them into their own craft Mythology but phisically they have nothing to approach the capabilities of these craft.
Just take one element of supposed advanced propulsion, the ability to change thrust in an instant to perform 90% turns (forget for a moment the implications on the human body). If they had this technology, say 30 years in advance of what they have now, they would use it. It's quite reasonable to say they wouldn't keep it undeveloped til they thought the time was right to bring it out. They would use it.
The question then arises what they would use it for. I would hazzard a guess that it would be 99% military(weaponry) and 1% non military. Now here is where a big problem arises, to use it and by its nature that means using it "in public". You can of course cite about how the stealth planes were kept secret for so long and that was because they were few in number and were used very, very selectively.
There are numerous, beyond count of independant observers (that's our skies and our space) so to hide rvolutionary craft, whether in Earths atmosphere or out of it, would be nigh on impossible.
Anyway if they had this thrust technology why are they spending billions on the new F(whatever the number is now) with still the old thrust and wing combination. Or would you put that down to negative propagander to hide the "new" technology.
edit on 6-3-2016 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

He was involved in it. More as a sort of human simulator. However, the heavy lifting was Einstein and von Neumann.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

There's a whole swath of stuff you'll never see, not even in 30. Unless you get a really technically apt president with some nads.

Why? what's the problem?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: Bedlam

Why? what's the problem?

Big badaboom.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Besides weaponry, what else could you do with the principles behind...that?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tajlakz

Besides weaponry, what else could you do with the principles behind...that?

It's not really 'dual use'. Although it might have been fun to have written that part of the original grant application.

"Drills really big holes"

eta: or for one of the 'other' things - facilitates the creation of really high energy big honkin' lasers
or 'takes will it blend to truly new heights'

edit on 10-3-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I don't think that's true anymore. I mean it used to be, 20 years ago the brightest minds worked at NASA, or some military research lab, these days they work for Google and Tesla/SpaceX.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Probably back to sticks and Stones

If we carry on the way we are going

Riouz

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Would said ruddy powerful lasers have anything to do with nuclear-pumping or He-3?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join