It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if shtf what will you do with your pets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
if shtf what would you do with your pets? would you mercy kill them so they wouldn't starve? or would you release them into the wild? maybe even take them with you?
edit on 6-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman
I'd eat them, slowly.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Since the situation is hypothetical....

I will fight and hunt and kill to protect them as I would for my wife and son.

Further, my indoor/outdoor cat regularly brings me birds that she has killed as "gifts" for the family, so she may support us as much as we support her.

Just sayin

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
My dogs tail wags if I even mention shtf.

He is a warrior.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Your dog, my warrior cat might just get along.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
if shtf what would you do with your pets? would you mercy kill them so they wouldn't starve? or would you release them into the wild? maybe even take them with you?

They're coming with me for better or worse. I'll do just fine. I located myself so that even when shtf I can maintain a comfortable existence. Beautiful country for now, vital resource for later.

I also made a point of settling in a community that shares my view. We'll be fine and our pets will probably eat better without the commercial kibble.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Kill my old friend and bury her deep so I never have to look at her as food.
The younger ones, I might keep around for awhile.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
My dog would help me hunt. She catches rabbits and brings them to me on occasion. She prefers them cooked.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My Golden, Bosco, would be an asset in a PA/ZA world. Good guard dog, and have made custom saddlebag set up for him to be able to carry his food, woobie, and assorted essentials. I figure in the unlikely scenario of being the last human alive, ala Burgess Meredeth in that epic TZ episode, I wouldn't go loony with Bosco by my side.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

If one is going to "go looney," .... Nobody better than a K9 to accompany them.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Our cats are like family, and we have enough food stocked to feed them for more than a month, possibly longer. I also have a solid carrier to move them if needed, but we have always planned to shelter in place because we are fairly secure. Flood proof, fire proof, no storms, and a secure location to move to if the worst happens because it's deep underground. Society can go to Hell before you could get me to move away from my supplies of water food and power.

Pets are always a concern, but to be honest, they're on the menu if I need to eat.
edit on 6/3/2016 by anxietydisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

My two goofy cats will 100% go with us! The only problem I could foresee is that since they do not like people food, they'd HAVE to learn to like venison, antelope, basically anything on four hooves, plus various fowl. I think they'd adapt once they figured out that there would be few and far between canned foods anymore. Heck, they don't even like tuna or salmon from a can! Weirdness suits them though...especially His Lord and Highness "Vader". He looks like a fat and fluffy black Garfield. Personality wise he's a catlike Odie. His cousin, Sweety, is just that, Sweet. He's a fluffy, white dollop of divinity fudge. How could I leave my " other" sons to fend for themselves??! Tain't happening!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Be more specific. Probably shoot you and feed my dog.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

haha you shouldnt say your gonna shoot other members

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Just about the easiest of questions...

Take 'em with me. They're family, too.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Keep them healthy just in case one gets to the point they simply look like meat.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
My animals are essential parts of my team if the shtf!

My dog is an aid in protection, look out, hunting... my horse is for travel, carrying stuff, and I took the time to teach her to pull the old plow that came with the house when we bought it. Keeping her in the stables that are underneath the house also helps with warmth- the heat from her body and manure rises and warms the floor if needed.

The cat is helpful in keeping rodents out of the food and living spaces. At least one is an awesome hunter, the other one... he might end up in a stew if he doesn't pull his weight! He might if there was no more food in his dish.

My immediate next door neighbor has mini goats that can be used for meat or milk, and the other neighbor has chickens, rabbits, a pig, and cows, so together, we should be able to sustain ourselves in this little hamlet!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

True, I don't want to hurt or eat anyone. Bad joke. Sorry. My bad. If the Secret Service shows up I''m going to be super irritated.

I don't know what I would do. Bail out and catch fish I think. It would be REAL hard for me to shoot my dog. I could if it came to it, and I thought it was for the best, but I would be shooting myself in the head a few seconds later.

I read somewhere that dogs won't eat their owners (but cats will). I love my boy, I would want him to NOM on me. I couldn't eat him if it came down to it. That dog saved my life, I've got some pretty tasty Domo filets.

I'd go out with my dog dog, and try to survive. Bag up food and go. I need to start putting things away, remembering I have a dog.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Lazy cat would figure it out pretty quick. Hunger is a wonderful, if painful, teacher that way.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
easy...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join