It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your experience with Ghost Dogs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What information I find on big black ghosty dogs online, is mostly about legends from England, and always, these ghost dogs have big glowing eyes.

My Ghost Dog Friend does not have glowing eyes. He is very big, I think about as tall as Great Dane or even a little bigger, but much more strongly built, and he has shaggy black fur. I always have seen him at the night, never in the day. Only for a few seconds, then he disappears into the aether.

When I read about ghost dog folklore, it says they often hang out in a certain place. But mine, well I first see him in Sverdlovsk in Russia. About 4 years ago, little less. And he has followed me ever since, even alllll the way back to my little home in Europe's bumhole, and all the places in between.

Now also the folklore says these dogs bring death to who sees them. So far as I know, I have not died. But I have (personally) known a total of 13 people who have died, since I see the dog, from causes that was not natural. Before I seen this dog, I had not known a person, with one exception for natural cause, who died for 4 or 5 years, until I see this dog. Of course this probably coincidence, when you consider the type of turbogopniki people I know.

I feel the opposite of afraid when I see him. I feel happy and safe. I like seeing him! Only change for me, was the sudden disinterest I have in physical life.

Last time I see the dog, was last night. See him only about 2 or 3 times a month. And, I am not a schizophrenic and I have never had any hallucination.

Now I think seeing a black ghost dog is kinda common, so what is other people's experiences of this?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Helicopter

I suspect the post I'm about to write isn't exactly what you are talking about but I'll post it anyway.

I've had exactly two dogs in my life. Both had nice long lives. However, the second one that passed I'm convinced has and will continue to visit me. The visits are 90% audio with only 10% being me catching his image out of the corner of my eye on rare occasions. I'll point out he was an all black dog so at times my "seeing him" turns out to be a sweatshirt tossed into a corner of the room (although that is not always the case).

When this dog visits me it is usually by making me hear him. Like many dogs, he made the standard sounds but also had his own unique voice. It's that unique voice I hear from time to time when I'm at home and the house is quiet.

I rationalize it by reminding myself that the human brain always tries to make sense out of randomness. We see faces and animal shapes in the clouds. In this case, the random sounds of the hum of a refrigerator combined with rain tapping a window... The human brain might combine certain parts of those sounds to "perceive" hearing a familiar one.

Although I try to rationalize it to myself in that way, I "know" that it's not the case. I know it's my dog I'm hearing.

Sounds crazy. That's fine. Not trying to prove anything to anyone.

Edit to add: Writing on my phone so, you know.
edit on 5-3-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have had an experience with what could have been described as a "ghost dog"

Here's my story:

This incident had occurred on several occasions, and to at least two people. I would also like to mention that we had no pets while I was living with my family, in that house.

The first occurrence had happened in the evening. We were cleaning up dinner, most of the family was winding down for the day. It was raining slightly outside, peacefully.

As I was helping clean up dinner, I began hearing this clicking sound coming from around the backdoor. The entrance to the small 'L' shaped hallway that leads to the door is attached to the open-concept kitchen. You are first met by a small window when you enter the hallway, a two door closet to the right, and the thin hallway that runs about 12 feet to the door itself, on the left. While I was in the kitchen, the clicking was very faint. Initially, my inclination was to assume that the window was cracked open, letting some water pool on the inner ledge of the window, then drip down onto the floor below.

I go to shut the window, however, upon my arrival I notice that the window is shut. There are no cracks around the window, and I see no water on the tile below. The sound had stopped. When I first heard the sound, it had been emanating from the spot where I was standing, just before the window.

Suddenly, the clicking begins again. This time coming from just in front of the door. Though, not the sound of a single droplet, but the sound of nails from a dog's paws, stepping on our tile. I could hear multiple clicking sounds now, and they were walking in my direction. It took me a short while to realize that something was very 'off', and so I hastily ran away from the area, and up into my room. I came to the conclusion that I needed to verify what was happening, gathered my wits, and decided to go back down to the hallway. When I arrived, there were no more clicking sounds, and I would not have experienced this event for at least another year.

The second occurrence happened while I was home alone with my fiancé (now wife). My family is often quite busy, and would be running around doing whatever they do away from the house. I, on the other hand, enjoy being on my own (with the exemption of my fiancé, of course). My room is on the second story. Just as you make it up to the top of the stairs, on the left hand side, there are two doors. One to a small room, an office, and to the left of that is the door that leads you to my room. My fiancé and myself were watching some movies in there, waiting for a pot of water to boil in the kitchen downstairs. After a few minutes I made my way down there to make some dinner for us.

The kitchen is quite large - around 16 feet by 10 feet in length and width - and a very large island in the center - around 8 feet long by 4.5 feet wide. From within the kitchen - looking outwards - you can see the entrance to the backdoor-hallway (slightly to the right), a dining area directly attached to the kitchen on the right, a hallway with three doors in center view (one of those doors leading to the basement), beyond that hallway is the living room, and to the left you can see the front entrance of the house.

The hallway leading to the living room always gave me an uneasy feeling. However, the basement door and the stairs leading down was the worst. Whenever any of my siblings, myself, and my fiancé, were to look from either direction of that hallway, viewing into the proceeding rooms past those doors, there was always this ominous, dark feeling whenever the lights were off. As if something was lurking there, ready to sprint towards us, or burst out of the glass, basement door.

I had placed our food in the boiling pot of water, the lights were off in the house as I do not like to waste power - despite it getting quite late. The kitchen also has a dimmer switch in which I don't usually turn on all the way. Needless to say, the house was quite dark, visually. I had not felt any 'uneasy' feeling, even with my environment being as dark as it was. I began to get the plates and cutlery ready, when I faintly heard that familiar noise.

I turned around quickly, and in the blackened living room at the end of the hallway was the echoing sound of clicking claws. The sound was emitting from within the living room, but not in a spot where I could actually see what was making it. I could hear the sound of those nails getting louder. It was getting closer and closer to the hallway. I could hear it making its way to my direction, but I still couldn't see what was making it. I was becoming very tense, expecting to see this massive wolf-like creature materializing from the room beyond the hallway. The sound of the nails themselves had a sort of 'weight' to them. The distinguished sound a very large dog's claws makes on hardwood flooring, abnormally large. Whatever it was didn't 'feel' good, it had a darkness of its own radiating from it. It began to come closer to my direction, passing all the doors in the hallway, and entering the area just before the kitchen.

I was on the opposite side of the island and it had stopped at a point where I wouldn't be able to see it, even if it was visible. It had cornered me within the kitchen.

I slowly creeped my way to one side of the island, peaking my head over the top to hopefully see what was coming towards me. I was getting closer and closer to the end of the island, an area where I would then have to walk the width of the island to get to where it had stopped. That's when the sound of nails began again. It quickly began walking towards the direction I had chosen too, getting extremely close. It would have been within three feet of me before I decided I needed to leave, immediately! Running the opposite direction, I flew up the stairs, into my room, and told my fiancé everything. We gp downstairs together to investigate. We find nothing.

The third experience was my fiancé's. Unfortunately, I do not know a lot of the details. Nevertheless - on a separate night - she was heading towards the upstairs bathroom; which is down a hallway to the right of the top of the stairs. It was late at night, again, and the lights downstairs were off. For whatever reason - personally speaking - both staircases in the house have an unnerving feeling to them. She passes the stairwell and makes her way to the bathroom. As she passes the stairs, she gets one of her 'chilled' feelings. She immediately stops.

She hears the sound of those nails clicking on the hardwood flooring. Turning around, she peers down the staircase, seeing nothing but the darkness of the floor below. The footsteps continue in what she describes as 'pacing', as if whatever it was was just waiting for something.

She decides to return back to my room and tells me of her experience, and so we go down to investigate. Once more, we find nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I almost started a thread a few months ago regarding my experience along these lines, but ultimately didn't post it as it seemed different than the other stories I was able to track down.

My experience came when I was a kid when I was playing laser tag with a friend in my basement in the dark. I thought I saw him jump down the stairs and I so I went over to try and get an easy score. But when I got there (only a few seconds I after I saw the motion) I saw the outline of a black wolf looking thing with glowing red eyes fade away right in front of me. The thing was standing on two legs though, but definitely had a canine shape to its head. I immediately ran upstairs only to find my friend was already up there and had been for several minutes.

Now, just within the past year, my young son has mentioned seeing a dog in his room at night. Gave me the deepest chills I've ever had listening to him try to describe what he saw to me.

Have you seen anything about a ghost dog that stands on 2 legs instead of 4 in your research?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xenthuin
Yes, but you probably won't like what you read...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Thanks for that. That's the closest description I've ever seen to what I saw, though there are still differences. Admittedly, I have not put great deal of effort into researching it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have a ghost dog running around my place. I've only seen it once and it was it pitch black night. There were no glowing eyes...just a medium size black dog darting past me. I've also heard it trotting around. What is odd is that it sounded like it was trotting through grass but I was in a barn with a concrete floor.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

My wife and me had a ghost dog(ish) encounter in south west France back in 2011. We were nearing the end of our 5000 km hiking/wild camping adventure trip we had started in 2009. It was a sunny day in early spring and we stopped to have lunch. After a while we noticed that in deep shadow on the opposite side of the road a pair of green eyes were staring intently at us from behind a rubbish bin. I went over to explore and noticed a big black tail sticking out behind the other side of the bin.

It was a very young and beautiful big black dog - clearly not of any specific breed. The strange thing was that he had a presence that I can only describe as otherworldly, timeless, immensely powerful and quite a bit unsettling. It was as if two very different entities were inhabiting this canine body. He started following us and would not leave us. For every kilometer we walked he would make four. Running, zooming, bouncing, jumping around us like some kind of energizer bunny satellite.

Towards evening we were approaching a town and his tendency to herd cars was becoming a problem. He was a danger to the people in the cars and to himself. So we mad a leash from a rope and attached him to our pony cart. He has been with us ever since.

Three months later my closest friend of many years died of breast cancer. I don't blame "ghost dog" if anything he was just the supernatural messenger. His eyes are no longer green - they became amber/yellow soon after we met. Most of the time now that "other presence" of his is no longer perceptible. He is a very sweet natured dog and absolutely everybody adores him. But every now and then it is as if the ghost part of him wakes up and takes control. We assume it is when he perceives a potential threat to us that needs investigating. We are almost convinced that he is some kind of protective spirit and may already have saved our asses from harm we never even were aware of. His eyes really do glow in the dark if just a bit of light hits his retinas.

Oh and once three nights in a row he managed to open the carabiner and get off his leash. That's kind of hard to pull off without opposable thumbs. I guess some emergency intervention of hismade this breach of protocol necessary...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I remember reading somewhere of the dog-headed men. They have appeared in mythology for millenia, and sometimes now people claim they see them.

Did this creature have like a human body?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I have seen a similar wolf a total of 3 times I believe, may have been more . Every time I've seen it , there was a death of someone that was either close to the family or was family. And it happened exaclty a week from when Ive seen it. The one I've seen was a little smaller than a great dane , but big enough to scare the crap out of me. ( at least the first time cause I had a 500 sq. Ft. Apartment and thought the wolf wandered in, or maybe found a way in) either way, it looked as real to me ." After trying to take a second look it was gone . Also made a thread about my encounters.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
My wife and daughter saw what they called a 'shadow dog' running across the road into a median strip type area on the Pacific highway in NSW at night. I was in the car and looking at the same spot and did not see it. They were frightened and said they could see through it and it vanished as soon as it reached the middle of the road. This was near an Aboriginal reserve and it seemed that they had expelled it from their camp. I don't know but if anyone with Aboriginal blood reads this can they tell me what it was perhaps? Unless it was trying to warn us not to go any further.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well one time when I was about 16 or 17, I spent a weekend in some old farm where I and the other people I was with experienced some disturbing nightmares, and felt 'presences' at night.
I woke up from such a nightmare in the middle of the night and tried getting some fresh air so I went to the window, I was on the 1st or 2nd floor, down below I could see a blurry shadow of what I thought looked like a dog running around.
It could have been a real dog, but the way I felt at the time still terrified from the oppressive nightmare and hazy thoughts, it just seemed like a shadow, with no real defined body, there was a faint light on downstairs so it wasn't totally dark outside.
The morning after, a few other people mentioned that they had bad nightmares.

Anyways when I got back to my home, the following nights, the terror continued for about a week.
I would get sleep paralysis almost every night, and one time it happened, I awoke hearing some low growling and the noise of a dog going around my room (needless to say we didn't have any dogs)
My bed was on top of a wooden mezzanine and I distinctly heard what sounded like an animal climbing up the wooden stair, the rattle of the claws on the wood.
I fought to break free from the paralysis and when felt this presence almost over me, it sounded like it just ran back down the stairs and out the door, I even heard the sound of something slamming, maybe the door, as if the dog had crashed into it whilst running away.

I had to sleep with the light on every night for a while before I could sleep well again.

I don't know if that was a real entity or just my mind playing tricks on me, but it was definitely one of the creepiest things that have happened to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Indeed its body was human in shape. It wasn't like a dog standing on its hind legs, it was like a person with a dog head. The dog features on its I could make out were: pointed ears (up, like a wolf), outline was furry, and it had a mouthful of teeth like what it looks like when a dog is snarling.

All that is still secondary to its eyes though... The eyes still give me the creeps thinking about them today.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is making me think about gargoyles, and folklore about ghouls..

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've heard of some trucker lore concerning black dogs. Most recounts I've heard seem to paint them as protectors or harbingers of some danger.

cdllife.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

did you try looking into the myths hounds of annwn? they aren't the color you mentioned but there might be information youd like regardless

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have never seen a Ghost Dog But I have seen Ghost Cats. I thought I was yelling at my Cat to get down off my table because I did not want him to knock down my drink that I had sitting next to my laptop computer that i forgot to put in high place were he wouldn't knock it down. He wasn't listening to me but when i got out of bed and walking up to the table he got down on my chair and then disappeared. Then my hair on the back of my neck stood straight up just because of what i just witnessed. He was totally see through but i didnt realize it till i got up.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
I have never seen a Ghost Dog But I have seen Ghost Cats. I thought I was yelling at my Cat to get down off my table because I did not want him to knock down my drink that I had sitting next to my laptop computer that i forgot to put in high place were he wouldn't knock it down. He wasn't listening to me but when i got out of bed and walking up to the table he got down on my chair and then disappeared. Then my hair on the back of my neck stood straight up just because of what i just witnessed. He was totally see through but i didnt realize it till i got up.
You had to bring up the ghost cats. Yeah, there is that. I have had one jump on my bed and walk across my legs.
I thought it was my cat, but the door was locked. I turned on the lights and there was no cat in the room.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

There are some here and a few pictures here.

Back in the days of myth, night-time was a muffling blanket of pitch darkness. Imagine what a moonless night would be like for imaginations? No cars or trains in the distance and no street lights in the landscape. Total darkness and nothing but the sounds of nocturnal critters doing their thing.

I bet it was great and possibly VERY creepy sometimes.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

My daughter saw the ghost of a much beloved cat of mine on my bed once,a while after he had disappeared.That cat and i loved each other So much,i cried my eyes out for weeks after he disappeared.He would "nurse" me when i was sick,worriedly patrolling my sleeping form,according to the people who would tell me about it.Such a sweet cat.
Then after he'd been gone,i was sick one day,and that evening my daughter saw him on my bed-said his ghost form had red glowing eyes that scared her.I felt sad awe though,my dear cat was still worried about me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join