It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders wins Kansas, Nebraska caucuses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I'm going to choose to not respond further.
The point is that we (as a nation) are witnessing the epic battle between conservative Bible-thumping politics and educated free-thinking politics. I'm sure both are attempting to bring Kansas "up to speed" according to their own standards.

The fact remains - Brownback has been given the opportunity (elected twice - just like Obama) to prove his conservative experiment is workable. Turns out, it isn't.

It failed.
Fact.

Isn't this between Bernie and Hillary ?

How would you characterize Hillary voters?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
BERN BABY BERN!
edit on 5-3-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BERN BABY BERN!

That one actually could be a bunch of Bernie voters.
edit on 5-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

My thread started out wrong and descended into chaos rather quickly but a look at things, it's actually the states with higher iqs that seem to be giving Bernie a better shot. Places like Louisiana heavily favor Clinton, but come in at lower iqs on the state analysis..

Hopefully we have enough people smart enough to see her for an absolute criminal, crook, liar, etc... That Bernie gets the nomination.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Oh absolutely ... So high IQ that in Kansas the caucus goers in Lawrence were protesting because the democratic caucus was being held at the same time as the KU basketball game. Let's get real. KU was playing a regular league game that means nothing as they have it sown up.

If they really care about the future, which is more important? Caucusing for Bernie or watching a KU basketball game.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently the CAUCUSES. It was inconvenient, but unavoidable. They chose to CAUCUS.
Stop with the lies.
Source your claim; it's nowhere to be found in the Lawrence Journal World. Record voter turnout in Lawrence and all over the state. Bernie won. Deal with it.

You think caucus goers would have missed "church" to vote for Cruz if it was held on a Sunday?

edit on 3/6/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The implication was obvious. Nice try. Or are people that disagree with your stance automatically " ill-educated and rural. "?

Isnt this exactly wqhat you all are saying in every single Trump thread?

Why are you so invested in American politics anyway? You come on here and promote politicians and policies that have NOTHING to do with you. You try to portray yourself as American until someone points out otherwise. You also put down Americans who actually do have a say in the process.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here are the facts about how Lawrence responded:
Sanders, Cruz win Kansas caucuses; Douglas County voters turn out in droves

Long lines at the GOP caucus in Lawrence produced some frustration and anger. And so many turned out in the Democratic caucus that hundreds of voters had to gather outside on a middle school football field to be counted.

(caption: A group of Democratic caucus voters wait to be counted in the track and field area of Liberty Memorial Central Middle School on Saturday. Voters had to be counted outside because both gyms inside the school were filled to capacity.)

Sanders nearly swept the caucus in Lawrence, winning 81.4 percent of the vote. But Hillary Clinton won just enough to remain viable in the 2nd State Senate District caucus.

Sanders also won by a huge margin, 78-22 percent over Clinton, at the 3rd District caucus site in Eudora.
That's a small town about 5 miles away, for reference.

“People used to ask, ‘What’s the matter with Kansas?’ It turns out that there’s nothing the matter with Kansas when you give people a clear choice and involve them in the democratic process,” Sanders said in a statement released Saturday night.

The matter with Kansas is OUR IDIOT GOVERNOR AND HIS GOP POLICIES - the twin of Ted Cruz. Make what you want of a bunch of GOP Christian zealots - clouded judgment, anyone?

And the Republicans got to just vote and leave. The Dems had to stick around for a physical BODY COUNT.

For Democratic voters, the process was longer because instead of casting paper ballots, as Republicans did, they had to physically stay in place, in some cases for hours, to be counted.
They stood around, waiting, for longer than a basketball game would take. And they did it willingly.

At Liberty Memorial Central Middle School (Dem site), hundreds of voters were still standing in line trying to get in by 3 p.m., when all voters were technically supposed to be in place.

Those who showed up early quickly filled the large gymnasium, and the overflow Sanders crowd was sent to the smaller gym.

But within an hour or so, that gym also filled to capacity, and hundreds more voters were sent outside to the school’s track and field area to be counted.

Still, most Democratic voters remained upbeat about the process, at least as they were standing in line waiting to get in.

So, you were saying?
Oh, as per usual, spreading disinformation. Perhaps you'd best knock it off.

Oh, and, incidentally, because I figure you can't be bothered to actually look it up, the Manhattan paper (The Mercury) and The Little Apple online news didn't even bother to publish the number of caucus goers in your hometown of Manhattan.

Fact is that once you get west of Topeka (which you have to do to get to Manhattan/K-State), the intelligence, well - there's a difference.

Even Topeka (the Capitol and location of Brownback's regime) and Wichita (Koch HQ) overwhelmingly voted for SANDERS.

I'm just gonna leave that little tidbit there for ya. It is what it is.

A pre-caucus rally Thursday for the Vermont senator in the liberal bastion of Lawrence drew several thousand people.

www.littleapplepost.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
In the Blue states Sen Sanders has taken the lead, HRC gets Red state votes?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

What's even more exciting is that Kansas is a "Red State".
GO BERNIE!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Does it really make any difference?

Maybe look at the number of voters.

Then find something that would make Kansas vote for Democrats in the national election.

How many electoral votes does Kansas have?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A Bernie thread! So few and far between on American Trump Show. He killed it in Nebraska and Kansas. Next stops Maine and Michigan!

I did a little unscientific experiment yesterday. I never watch cable news ever. Its probably been more than 10 years since I saw anything on them other than in passing. But I was doing a lot of cooking so decided to check out what is passing for political news these days.

FOUR HOURS. I switched between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX for four hours. What I learned:

1. There are only Republicans running for President. Based on listening to people here and elsewhere on the webz I assumed the MSM would be Trump and Clinton 24/7. However out of three networks and four hours I estimate they devoted 10 minutes to the Democrats. Most of that 10 minutes to Hillary. And this was during prime time. I guess that "Liberal" media is only as liberal as the giant corporations that own them. My Finnish husband looked at me and asked "How is this legal? " I guess they figure if they talk about Hillary then they gotta talk about Bernie too and we can't have that.

2. The worm is turning for these worthless bastards. The MSM that is. It doesn't matter if they cover Bernie or not. He's still getting it done! Social media, alternative media, word of mouth. His momentum is like a snowball rolling down a mountain. The longer this goes on the more completely he will dominate. And we've got a lot of time to go before the convention. If Bernie walks onto that stage at the end of the convention when they say "welcome the next POTUS!" and he gets there in spite of a complete MSM blackout?!?! HAHAHAHAHA I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for the future of the entire industry.

3. People that get their information this way have no idea what is really happening in the world. Seriously I implore you. Turn off the TV and read!
edit on 3/6/16 by Malynn because: Because only the first sentence showed

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

How would you characterize Hillary voters?

Numb to reality, I guess.
Scared to change from the Obama plan.
Warmongers.
Low information voters.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Sen Sanders polled at 14% over HRC here in AK, and we are red too!

I keep donating to Sen Sanders and have been doing the phone banking through /r/SandersForPresident.

Funny as I am truly still considering voting for Jill Stien, I strongly believe the two party system must end.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've been donating, too - did you get your bumper stickers? Mine haven't arrived (which, as it turns out, is at this point irrelevant, because my car was stolen a week ago) - but I got a yard sign......

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be great if the only good thing about your car being stolen is they are driving around in it, unknowingly supporting Bernie Sanders, though?

Beyond that - sorry to hear.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Last week on my 4th donation I was offered a bumper sticker, in the mail. One of my buddies sons made one $5 donation and received a bumper sticker, maybe he has donated more then dad knows about.

So sorry to hear the news about your car, I pray a better car comes your way soon!

Go Bernie!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

LOL!!! Yeah. Sadly, it's probably been taken apart by now and will never be found. 97 Honda Accord with alloy wheels. High demand for parts, very popular.

I'm mostly trying to get over the loss of my Colorado license plate memento that was attached to the front - 86 Summit County truck plate. My best memories of pre-marriage/pre-family life in my 20s.

The car did have 3 bumper stickers which read the following:

No One is Free When Others Are Oppressed

FOXNEWS: Brainwash, Rinse & Spin

FREE-THINKER AND I VOTE.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I made an additional $10 donation and was supposed to get sticker(s).....

oh well - doesn't matter at this point.
In two more weeks I'll get the cash settlement for a total-loss. Yesterday I got a notice from PD that "no Detective has been assigned to your case due to lack of evidence."

*sigh*

Might seem Off-Topic or tangential, but truly - car theft is rampant all over the country. Every 45 seconds a car is stolen in the USA.
Speaks to several issues that need to be addressed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join