It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popup Button, "Quote from External source" before gaining access to read or post.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
It definitely happens on Edge, hasn't happened to me on chrome. There is an added bonus as well, when the pop-up happened to me, I quickly clicked out, without realising the box for not allowing additional scripts was ticked...result, no way to edit any posts with Edge for me.

I am back to chrome, Edge sucks...a lot.
Edge? So that's what they decided to call internet exploder II reloaded? Sounds like a clue that it's happening on edge and not on Chrome. Not happening on firefox here.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
At first it wouldn't allow me to post a Birthday thread for someone. Got the same pop up thing, then got one saying it needed more content. Finally got the damned thing posted. Good grief!

The pesky pixie's magic didn't work.

edit on 7-3-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Can someone post a screen shot?

I have no idea how this could be happening -- it shouldn't be.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Here are both. The second one comes up with a box to click and cancel the pop up.

This happens when I try to edit a post and if I do not hit 'cancel' it inserts a set of [ ex ] BBCode in front of all the text.

edit on 7-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Lol yes, I think they were going for the "cutting Edge" idea. I have to be honest, the browser is a beautiful one...when it works. The features are pretty cool, with page sending, inking (writing physically on webpages which you can later send to friends), read later pane and those things, plus it is by far the best browser I have tried for YouTube, it works flawlessly for that.

But when it goes wrong...often...it is frustrating as all hell. No browser addons either. So a work in progress, but for now Chrome works fine for me.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That's most certainly a browser problem. I can't reproduce that in Mac/Win Safari/IE/Chrome/Firefox.
edit on 8-3-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

That's most certainly a browser problem. I can't reproduce that in Mac/Win Safari/IE/Chrome/Firefox.

While I'm fairly sure that this is an "Edge" issue (I don't see it with other browsers either), it is also an issue unique to ATS. Thus it becomes incumbent upon you to find a solution...so, please, it is becoming annoying!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I've tried. It's not happening for me when I used the Edge browser in Windows 10.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It's odd, it does not happen all the time but it is definitely only in Edge for me as I logged into my account with a friend's Mac and it did not happen at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: tanka418

I've tried. It's not happening for me when I used the Edge browser in Windows 10.

Thanks man...

It was at the point where every time I went to a thread I'd get the dialog...now it appears intermittent...sigh!

Glad its your code not mine...I'd be cursing Microsoft by now...

ETA: I saw a misspell and went to fixit...as I did I got the dialog...

edit on 11-3-2016 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join