It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 196 Diaz vs McGregor

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I don't like him myself, I was just sayn...in his defense.
But what you were sayn makes a lot of sense. A lot of fighters getn busted that's for sure. I personally don't think he's one of the PED fellas though.
Since the new rules on the rehydration....
it WILL be rough on him at this point.
He's claiming to go back down to FW and defend his title. Probably rematch Aldo, or FINALLY give Edgar his long awaited and MUCH deserved shot. Maybe Holloway rematch or even a Mendes (on a full camp) rematch.
That division is stacked, man. I love it!
I see him losing to either one I mention at this point.

Notice St. Pierre was there last night?
Word around the campfire is, that he may have called him out for a future bout if he had been victorious.
That in my mind would have been the biggest PPV sell.
Curious to find out what last nights PPV sales were. Won't be long though, couple days or so.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Damn if I would have put $50.00 down on Nate, I would have won $350.00. I had a feeling Nate would submit Connor if he made it through the 1st round because he is a BJJ Black Belt. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Check out Connors reaction to seeing Diaz first time after fight.

Not so peacocky.

imgur.com...
edit on 6-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Priceless.
Appreciate the share.
I hadn't watched post fight press yet.

He needed some pie. And although I'm not much of a Diaz fan,
I was happy that Diaz was the one to give it to him....
Because of the circumstances.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Damn, I do feel for the guy. He does what he needs to do to sell a fight but he's still a human being at the end of the day and he took his loss like a man. Can't help thinking he should've spent more time practicing hitting stuff than prancing about with ido portal doing bizarre flowery s**t though.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Edgar deserves that shot way more than Aldo does at this point. That would be a great fight!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Check out Connors reaction to seeing Diaz first time after fight.

Not so peacocky.

imgur.com...

thats just him thinking of more # to talk

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015
Not necessarily what was his weight come fight night? Something like 168 or so, its probably his actual normal weight. Most of them cut lots of weight to reach there fight weight and they usually fight 1 or 2 weight classes down to get a size advantage on opponents.

There are dudes who fight at light heavy 205 who walk around at 230 or over easily, look at Jon Jones or Anthony Rumble Jackson they have the body frame to be fighting heavyweight easily and so do a lot of other fighters in that weight division, some could go up to heavy weight literally just by eating normally and working out normally.

And at heavy weight most of them cut from there normal weight of 270 to 250 or so. Some like Lesnar when he used to fight was walking at over 285 pounds and would fight at 265, so really its quite normal the jump in weight that Connor did. The dude has a 74 in reach I think it said on the fight play, and fights at 240? Most people who are 6'0 and 230 have around a 71 in reach, so he has the size for fighting at welterweight thats for sure.

Even Nate Diaz has the body type and size to reach Middle weight or light heavy weight class easily if he wanted to the dude is 6,0 and has a 76 in reach. That's around what some heavyweight fighters in terms or height and reach are at. The guy himselfs and like Connor cuts weight like crazy to stay at his weightclass, mostely for the reason why they all do it so that they would have a size advantage at that class, and because if they would fight at there normal weight class then in Nates case he would have to fight dudes who probably cut from heavy to reach light heavy like Jon Jones or Rumble Jackson.

It seems kind of silly to me because you put your body through a lot to cut that much weight and maintain it like that, can even be bad for you in the long run and as they get older it will be almost impossible to stay at that lower weight, but you know, size does matter. Even in this fight, props to Nate as he is the better ground fighter and did stumble Connor a bit with a few shots before sinking in that choke, but if it were not for the body size and frame advantage, and reach of Nate, then Connor would be able to shake of those hits, and even escape that choke at the end if it was a lighter smaller fighter by simply out muscling him or shaking him off but when you got a taller guy on your back its easier to control a smaller fighter especially with back control and rear naked choke attempt.

I think they even said him or his coach before the fight that Connor should not have taken this fight at 170. So ya size does matter. Its why there are weight classes are there to begin with.

Though they need to revamp the whole thing, a 10 pound difference does not matter all that much, they need to make more broader fight classes make it more of a middle ground instead of a bunch of weight classes every 10 pounds or so, and would also cut on the amount of fighters who are way heavier or bigger from cutting weight like crazy to fight down 3 weight classes just so they can have a frame and size advantage on that weight class.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I know, if he fights like this he should stay at 145.

Don't see him beating Raphel Dos Anjor thought they still can fight at lightweight for that belt. The guy ie Dos Anjos has been demolishing people in his fights and tittle defense fights, took out Cowboy twice in ridiculous fashion, the second time even worse then the first time, made Cowboy look like a noob. Even put a beating on Nate Diaz as well, chewed up his leg bad and beat him pretty impressively, and beat some other top contenders as well, but both of those guys would give fighters like Connor problems as we seen in his fight with Nate if he moves up, and Dos Anjos already beat them and did it in dam impressive fashion, sometimes more then once.

In all I would still rather see that fight ie Dos Anjos vs MacGregor as I think that style wise it would be a pretty interesting and action packed fight, but don't see him taking the lightweight belt with Raphael there, and fighting at welterweight, well you seen what happened, however you never know till the fight actually happens.

I am sure the guy will learn and get better from this fight, but if Nate beat him like this, then Dos Anjos would likely school him. Then again, you never know till the fight happens, as sometimes on any given night, any given fighter can pull out a win, by any given way, and sometimes its like a game of rock, paper, scissors, but in all casses MMA math does not work as there are to many variables on any given night.

Don't watch that much MMA anymore really, never even heard of MacGregor till up the fight he had with Aldo, but the guy has talent, no doubt he will be back and better.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join