It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 196 Diaz vs McGregor

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What a sick fight!
That was definitely worth staying up for.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

hell yeah my girl fell asleep i kept yelling at her omg i think mcgregor about to loose!

it got bloody, and then sure enough has to tap out

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yeah man, as soon as he took the back it was over. They both did great though.

My stream cut out round 3 of the Tate vs Holm fight, gotta go back and watch that.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
ok I was wrong. Conor needed to get beat, he came in too cocky. Congrats Diaz. It was worth 45 bucks.
edit on 6-3-2016 by Medicator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Great fight! McGregor made a mistake when he took it to the ground. Diaz got his face worn out but he took it like a champ.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Was it just me or was McGregor getting cocky and was letting his guard down?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I haven't watched it, not going to pay 45 or whatever it costs a PPV.

But I thought Connor would take this fight against Diaz, but I though Don Anjos his original opponent would have not only win the fight but stood a good chance of schooling McGregor, he beat all the top guys in his division in pretty impressive fashion and even beat Diaz very impressively before. It's to bad McGregor lost would have made I think a much more exiting fight, but I dont think they will have the fight now.

The site I was reading the play by play said it was the biggest upset ever. Not likely I am thinking, or the guy has not watched fights before especially mma fights. Sometimes which is most of the time the belt switches hands like its a game "hot potato pass it on" most especially in game fights like this, things can switch in a millisecond.

I also read up on the Holm fight, she got tapped out to, seems two tittles switched hands tonight. Must be the theme for tonight's champions. But got to give props to McGregor at least he was not afraid to step in there and in the mix, always liked that about MMA less hype and set up picked fights down the line at some point a few years from now and more right down and getting in there. Could have went like in boxing were he would sit on his wins and play the hype train and promotion angle and this fight would have happened years from now likely when one of them is on his way out of the game.

If that ever happens in MMA as well, will stop watching it completely.

But anyways, I suppose one of these days got to find the actual fight vid, instead of the play by play writen commentaries of these fights.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I definitely wouldn't call it the biggest upset ever. Diaz always had a decent chance to win even if it stayed standing, on the ground it was pretty much a given conor would be out of his depth.

The Holm fight was much more of an upset IMO just because of how close it was to the end.

I might be the only one but I found Mcgregor's huge weight gain kinda suspect. That's a lot of lean muscle to pack on in not much time.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

McGregor does that quite a bit.

I was really hoping he would have won.

One thing is clear, he needs to work on his BJJ.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Lost 20 bucks on McGregor. Won 20 bucks on Tate. I broke even and got to see some good fights.
Holm and McGregor both need to work on their ground game.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Just finished watching it. Diaz was awesome to take the beating and just screwed Conor over with that ground submission. I saw a few things with McGregor...he looked tired in the 2nd, he lost confidence at the end of R1. In R2 he thought he was a cert to win and became slack and complacent in defence. He should have known to stay clinical instead of dropping his hands and waiting for Diaz to walk onto that big overhand left.

It also looked like his chin could be a weak point.

As a McGregor fan, I'd sooner he won. He didn't do what it takes to win and going for a desperate take-down with Nate Diaz was reckless. Expecting a cut eye to slow Diaz down was a bit dumb too.

He's had a great run and can learn off this loss before he faces RDA.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i stayed up thinking 3am tuned out 6 am i wish i had a early night and got up for it the only other fight i was interested in was Miesha Tate.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Trying to find a decent replay to show my girl.

She loved her some McGregor.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
holy crap ahahaha hahah

NICK DIAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEEAAAASST

oops nick, lol meant nate.
lol i had a few last night

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Lost 20 bucks on McGregor. Won 20 bucks on Tate. I broke even and got to see some good fights.
Holm and McGregor both need to work on their ground game.

to be honest i lost a tenner but it was a new customer deal so i get 3 fee£10 bets my luck i lose them too...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Trying to find a decent replay to show my girl.

She loved her some McGregor.

got full replay if you want it?
edit on 6-3-2016 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

it starts with the last round of Tate's fight so you dont miss anything.
www.vipbox.sx...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

McGregor vs. Diaz was not for the title/belt.
McGregor still holds the FW (145lb.) title/belt.
Last evenings fight was at 170lb. (WW)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Don't be suspicious on McG's weight.
He walks around at 170-175 (natural weight).
Have you seen him at weigh ins before a FW bout (145lb.)?
Looks like a Walker (dead).

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

He does look terrible when he's had a heavy cut at featherweight. I dunno, it probably is nothing tbh.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: RoadCourse

He does look terrible when he's had a heavy cut at featherweight. I dunno, it probably is nothing tbh.

its more than nothing it happens in all combat sports and is not healthy, fasting and dehydrating plus salt baths and diuretics to make you a walking skeleton is not normal but in the fight game it is. the link of the fight i posed joe rogan even says it should be made that fighters fight like this at their healthy weight not mega cutting

why has my reply mingled with his quote?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join