It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 196 Diaz vs McGregor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Anyone else going to watch this?

I'm stoked, dunno who to root for, I liked watching Connor wreck people as he made his name, and Diaz is just a bad ass. I think this fight will be much more entertaining than that Aldo fight. Diaz doesn't seem shook one bit. He actually has heigth and reach advantage, most of McGregors opponest have been shorter then himself and less reach. Like I said I think this'll be interesting. Will Diaz be able to withstand explosive outbursts from McGregor and will McGregor be caught off guard by someone who isn't afraid?

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 5-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've got money on McGregor and a knockout. Diaz has a chance if he can take it to the ground.
Connor's left piston is going to put him to sleep if he tries to go toe to toe.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Not to mention that insane kick that just comes out of no where like lightning.

I'm just hoping it goes at least a few rounds.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the sooner that mouthy tool gets shut up the better he thinks he's god

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

Of course he is a mouthy tool...he's Irish.
It's all showmanship. He's a good guy at heart.
Stirring his opponent is part of his strategy.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: haven123

Of course he is a mouthy tool...he's Irish.
It's all showmanship. He's a good guy at heart.
Stirring his opponent is part of his strategy.

i hope i can stay awake its gona be 3am here before it starts

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I laughed so hard that i cried, Conors mindgame didnt work to well on someone who actually really doesnt care..

Nate is a good guy

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm more interested in the Holm, Tate fight.
Not interested enough to pay for it though.
I bet tate is not dumb enough to try to box holm.

McGregor in the 2nd with a tko.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hope McGregor knocks the hell out of Diaz...

LMAO

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I like them both, I think Conor will win. I was the BIGGEST Conor hater at first, his ground game sucks but the he knocks out Aldo in 13 seconds, hmmm I think Conor has an advantage in that he can watch the opponents videos and predict their striking patterns. Also, Aldo has lost all of my respect here is why, Aldo last week was saying he will fight Conor any place any time and that Conor is scared of him, lol well when Dana called Aldo and said dos anjos broke his foot and asked if Aldo wanted to fight he said NO ! Conor will fight anyone at any time, Jose wont. Also, Jose is an idiot because Conor flat out publicized what Aldo was going to do and Aldo did just that, Aldo also claims not to watch Conors fights, well that's why You lost fool . I give it to Conor in the second round. Glad to see someone else likes MMA on ATS. Last night one of the Fox news moderators Chris Wallace referred to MMA and called it
'mixed martial wrestling" what a poo. Conor reminds me of Trump, talks crap and backs it up.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig DUDE, that is hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How much do you Americans pay for the PPV?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Really looking forward to this fight. The further Diaz can drag it into the later rounds, the better his chances get. Mcgregor is the undeniable favourite but it really could go either way and it's likely to be a bit of a war. Am setting my alarm to wake up for it.

Holm vs Tate will be interesting too. I think Holm will take it by KO unless Tate can take her down.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kalulu

Something like $59.99 (US) for HD or $49.99 (US) for SD.
edit on 5-3-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Diaz has the Cardio for 5 rounds, McGregor didnt drop weight so he should also have a cardio for 5 rounds.. But i see both matches turn into a bloody fight..

However i see Tate being TKO in the 2nd round due to Holms technical advantage..

Diaz however has an extreme pressure from the start cause of the Ironman cardio.. Standing up, Conor has the Advantage at midrange, in the dirtyfight aspect.. Diaz has the upper hand..

The longer the fight goes, the more advantage Diaz has.. 49-48 Conor or Diaz

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Geez, no wonder they bailed from my country.. Cant see anyone paying that here..
We pay, a fixed monthly sybscription 45$ includes all PPV around the world..
Except the last Floyd vs. Pacman fight, think most people just streamed it illegaly here..

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
I like them both, I think Conor will win. I was the BIGGEST Conor hater at first, his ground game sucks but the he knocks out Aldo in 13 seconds, hmmm I think Conor has an advantage in that he can watch the opponents videos and predict their striking patterns. Also, Aldo has lost all of my respect here is why, Aldo last week was saying he will fight Conor any place any time and that Conor is scared of him, lol well when Dana called Aldo and said dos anjos broke his foot and asked if Aldo wanted to fight he said NO ! Conor will fight anyone at any time, Jose wont. Also, Jose is an idiot because Conor flat out publicized what Aldo was going to do and Aldo did just that, Aldo also claims not to watch Conors fights, well that's why You lost fool . I give it to Conor in the second round. Glad to see someone else likes MMA on ATS. Last night one of the Fox news moderators Chris Wallace referred to MMA and called it
'mixed martial wrestling" what a poo. Conor reminds me of Trump, talks crap and backs it up.

Some of what your saying here isn't true.

Dana White knew Aldo AND Edgar was hurt during training BEFORE he made the call to both of those teams.

Cerrone AND Pettis were just out of fight camps and ready to go. So why go with an unprepared Diaz.

Keep in mind Dana White barely ever tells the whole truth and/or keeps his promises.

For the record:
I'm happy with Diaz as a replacement...
For sh!t talking purposes.
I give an unprepared Diaz a shot at winning.

I find McGregor, although a good showman, is a cheap b@$turd....
For he took a shot at one of Diaz's hands at the weigh ins. Could've damaged him for the fight this evening.

Half of me wants Diaz to be victorious, to MAYBE shut that b@$turd up a bit....
The other half wants a McG win....so Robbie Lawlor murders him....or Rory, or Wonderboy, or St. Pierre (if he returns, which I believe he will, maybe UFC 200).

No matter what happens, exciting times for MMA enthusiasts.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalulu
How much do you Americans pay for the PPV?

free streaming in hd why pay?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
McGregor gets choked out haha

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
holy crap ahahaha hahah

NICK DIAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEEAAAASST

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join