It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Artist "Banksy" Possibly Identified by Geographic Profiling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I remember a thread here on ATS a few years back stating that Banksy may have been arrested and later identified as Paul Williams. It ended up not being him. I found this article this morning to be pretty interesting. A group of scientists claim to have narrowed it down to one "prominent candidate" by using Geographic Profiling. It goes on to say that this technique could be used to stop terrorists before they strike.

nypost.com...
edit on 3 5 2016 by EequalsMC2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 5 2016 by EequalsMC2 because: Forgot a comma and a lower case s

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Could have saved them alot of time and energy... i just googled who is Banksy and got the same name on the first line..

Which is the same person reported to be Banksy for years.
edit on 5/3/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would prefer it if he remained anonymous, so I think the researchers should not have made the name public.

But t's interesting that the profiling has come up with the same name that cropped up a few years back.

The article also suggests that profiling could be used in finding terror cells before they commit an act of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Yeah I kinda thought the same thing. Just thought the fact that the profiling led to the same name was kinda interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The article also suggests that profiling could be used in finding terror cells before they commit an act of terrorism.

Yippie ,was about time for a Thought-Police in Majority Report style.
Sure that all is only for our security, against that famous "terror", that almost doesn´t happen where BigBrother is growing, in the western nations. Problem is, it is not BigBrother that prevents us from those 24/7/365-to-be-afraid-of-terror attacks, but will help to grow new terrorists in near future, homegrown, not islamist terrorists.
Brave New World

edit on 5 3 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EequalsMC2

I say banksy is a black female.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
iv knew as well as most other people who he was for years now

www.dailymail.co.uk... thats 8 years old that article

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

I think it is a transdimentional hamster.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
people should look up a french man named blek le rat banksy just ripped the guys style and the media bigged up mr banksy

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Problem with that is that future terrorists now know about it, so will take action to prevent it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
After the end of the Dismaland exhibition setup by Banksy in Weston-Super-Mare in the UK last year a few of us made it to the after party and yes Banksy was there in person.

join