It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on the Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Okay we spin around the sun on a orbit. Can this orbit not vary based on say the suns magnetic pull? Depending on where the magnetic potion of the sun that is the highest? So we are not always in the same orbit but more so they orbit based on the suns magnetic pull? So say the sun happens to switch 2degrees on its pull in an instant we get a sudden random drop? I dont know if I am explaining this right, but just a thought.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ExCloud

Not an expert on these things, but if I recall Einstein helped us to see that the sun's density creates a dip in the space/time, some would like to call it the energy/time, continuum.

So the pull of the sun on the earth would be it's total mass overall, not where it's magnetic field is the greatest.
edit on 5-3-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Makes sense, but all we know about the sun is what we can see. We also see very large coronal holes where its like how? That to me looks like a magnetic pull on the other side if we are seeing it. Like I said even if its a very tiny amount doesnt that vary our orbit?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExCloud

Makes sense, but all we know about the sun is what we can see. We also see very large coronal holes where its like how? That to me looks like a magnetic pull on the other side if we are seeing it. Like I said even if its a very tiny amount doesnt that vary our orbit?

No. It's the overall mass of the sun, not it's magnetic field.

It could be smaller and have a greater mass and it's pull would be stronger.

It could be larger and have less mass, and its pull would be less.

But it is just the right size and mass and the earth the right distance.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

correct I understand that. Okay so we revolve around a sun. That what your saying cant effect our orbit. We are stuck in a continued orbit? The suns magnetic field doesnt effect earth at all?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

What I am saying is the suns magnetic force does effect earth. What if say it switch 2degrees in an instant. What would we notice? Im guessing nothing here on earth, but if you are actually watching the sun itself would you notice?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It's magnetic field is too far away to effect ours. I mean our magnetic field prevents the harmful radiation from the sun from killing us. If it's field was sooo strong that it affected the earth we'd all be dead.

As far as our orbit. Imagine that the earth is falling toward the sun, because of its pull on the earth. That pull is because of its immense density, or mass, compared to the earth's. But as the earth falls toward the sun it is at the proper speed that it actually ends up just continually circling it. That is how our orbit is created. Or that of the moon around the earth for that matter.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The orbit of the Earth around the Sun does vary over long time periods
I am sure some one will come along to explain the science

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I know how orbit is created
We are actually pulling away from our sun. Getting farther away. I just think the sun effects earth more than we think it does. I was watching a bunch of videos on Flat Earth, Hollow Earth etc. They keep trying to show these videos to account for the sun shifting its degree by short amounts. I could say our orbit my wobble we really dont know.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

What I am saying is the suns magnetic force does effect earth. What if say it switch 2degrees in an instant. What would we notice? Im guessing nothing here on earth, but if you are actually watching the sun itself would you notice?

As far as I know the magnetic forces of the sun, especially through solar flares are shown on earth through the auroras. Certainly a spectacular sight in the sky, but nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

We know the orbit around the sun to a very very exact degree.

If we didn't really know we wouldn't be able to send satellites to other planets or meteors or comets, all which we have done. Because all orbits are known to a very exact degree.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

We say that but most of our data comes from the 70's and 80's and look how far off the Pluto shoot was. They tossed the fixing of that together in 2 days. When was the last time someone actually researched earths actually size or the degree we spin at?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure it has been determined that the earth has a 24.3 degree tilt toward the sun. That is what creates our seasons. If it was different or had changed, we would have noticed.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
From what I can remember the Sun is composed of many, many regions of differing magnetic polarity. So I am not sure if the Sun could just change its magnetic field in the way you are asking.

And as others have pointed out, it is gravity, not magnetism, that keeps us in orbit.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Correct but would you notice a minor minor change that only lasts maybe 2-3days? Or would you have 1 video showing the strange change then not see it again ever? Im just thinking about the sun itself. I think we should be looking at it all the time. More research into it. Besides our selves it is the biggest threat to all humanity honestly. lol The sun is a amazing thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Okay we spin around the sun on a orbit. Can this orbit not vary based on say the suns magnetic pull?

Not enough to ever detect.

The Solar magnetic field at Earth is something like 10E-9 Teslas. Your refrigerator magnet is about a million time stronger at its surface.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Yes the Earth has an axial tilt of about 23.4 degrees, but this changes over time with a frequency of something like 26,000 years or so for a round trip.
It is called precession.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Correct but would you notice a minor minor change that only lasts maybe 2-3days? Or would you have 1 video showing the strange change then not see it again ever? Im just thinking about the sun itself. I think we should be looking at it all the time. More research into it. Besides our selves it is the biggest threat to all humanity honestly. lol The sun is a amazing thing.

The sun is indeed amazing!

If you had a teaspoon full of it, at a distance of 200 miles, you would die from radiation poising.

But you need not worry about it. It was put where it was and as it is, and the earth is where it is for a purpose. You don't need to fear the sun. It is NOT going to cause life to cease to exist on earth. It is what fuels life of course.

But find comfort in these words:

(Isaiah 45:18) . . .For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

...but if you are actually watching the sun itself would you notice?

Of course. The Solar magnetic field flips polarity back and forth quite frequently. Every 11 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Awesome. Alright so you see that magnetic field in the pic. So them magnetic fields are moving as the sun moves and depending on the reaction inside the sun. Say something happens inside the sun that makes them fields waver and move only for an instant. Would we notice it? I can bet those fiels be us having one or not have an effect on earth. So say something happens in an instant in your life. There is always a reaction be it quick or slow. You get a quick reaction from a 3second mistake on the sun where say something inside it mashes together wrong. What effect does it have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join