It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone still play board games?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Went to GenCon a few times and one of the favorite things we would all do when waiting in a long line for an event was break out Steve Jackson's Munchkin with lots of the expansions. There were times when we would have well over 10 people playing at a time ...

My parents also have a homebrow version of canasta that takes 8 to 10 decks of cards to play and goes to 40,000 points. It takes an entire afternoon to play just one game. We also used to play one in college called Mao where you didn't know the rules and had to figure them out as you went, and if you won a hand, then you could make up your own rule and enforce it. It could include alcohol or not as the players chose and could get absolutely brutal.

For board games we used to do Risk, Samurai Swords, Talisman (with its expansions), Trivial Pursuit, and more party oriented ones like Balderdash.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Not board game but cards...

Recently we started playing cards, a family night activity.

You haven't lived until you've been beaten... badly by a 7 year old... Twice.....

edit on 5-3-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I can do you one better, how bout when my relative he has down syndrome and he knows the answer and I don't!!!!

we play clue and pull out the uno deck of cards, monopoly, trivial pursuit

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I love board games, until a few years ago my group of friends would to gather once a month for games.

Most friendships were lost, chairs were broken, glasses smashed.

Good times

edit on 5-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

(post by Riaff removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join