It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Rush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Anyone watching the final?
Or am I the only dork that loves this show

Not sure if Parker will win this year.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

TiVo

only cuz i got wrapped up watching deep impact on bbcA

Beginning now, "I will be back"

edit on 4-3-2016 by akira131 because: ggooolllddddd

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nope, my wife and I love it. (Perth Australia) Not sure how far behind we are? But Tony Beats gets right on my wick! I hope Parker wins. That boy is a bloody legend.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Final is over, You'll have to watch to find out who won. HUGE year for the boys.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

DDUUUUUUDDDEEEEE............

dont want to be a spoiler.........

i get tired of the parker/hoffman competition.. they should worry more about just paying their ppl and making it big.

my props go to the old man. that ancient machinery he is using is not only efficient, but it is an absolute marvel of what humans can do without dump trucks and crap loads of fuel. old man is a visionary and i love his dredge.

the winner in vision and profit!!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: akira131

Yeah they need new characters to spice it up. That dredge is a beast.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Australia!
A couple other engineers from my mine in canada just got back from your area. We are changing our mining method to what you guys use -sub level caving.
You guys are the ONLY place in the world to accuratly accomplish SLC. So we sent our guys to go learn from the best! All i heard was how well they got treated from yous.
We plan on implementing SLC fully by 2017

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Love this show, I've been watching since the first season.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It just doesn't seem like a great way to make money. They work like 12 hour days, split the money between like 8-12 people, and have to also pay for fuel and expenses...a million or less in gross profits minus all that?

I dunno...It seems unless you go HUGE with mining, its not terribly profitable (unless you are solo).

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We were saying last night Parker probably made more profit in his for two seasons with less crew and equipment.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What I think is funny is how they go from no machines to millions of dollars worth of earth moving and mining equipment. When you realize just how much their fuel bill and "lease" payments are then it dosent seem to feasible to be making a substantial profit.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Love the show, and bearing sea gold, been watching both since the 1st season. Deadliest Catch is my favorite though by far.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hey, I'm happy about that!

Despite my profile I have been involved in Mining / Oil and Gas for a fair few years. Currently on Gorgon Project Barrow Island.

Lot's a Canadian guys here. Great Blokes.

edit on 8-3-2016 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I miss the Dakota boys. Fred knew his shi_. I remember something about them doing there own show but have not seen it yet.

eta yep

The new show, All That Glitters, will feature Dakota Fred and his crew mining for gold in Haines, Alaska. It will be directed by Kirk Roos. Many stories and plot elements from Gold Rush were left unsolved, and the new show will attempt to fill in some of those gaps in the storyline, including the one where Dakota Fred had an obsession with crossing a waterfall to find hidden gold and the Dalton/Klondike trail.

The show gives Dakota Fred’s crew a chance to search for gold with a fresh perspective. Fans will finally be able to see the real Dakota Fred Hurt. All That Glitters will show how he and his crew battle the harsh natural elements of northern Alaska, and how they are able to afford their adventures, as they are huge financial risks.

Dakota Fred is 71 years old, and the fact that he is out there with his crew, fighting the elements, shows how he is a man of perseverance, and survival. The new show isn’t just about gold mining; it’s also about the struggle of man. It’s about just how far the idea that you are within miles of striking gold, figuratively and literally, will take someone.

The new show could cost more to film than the crew will make. It’s a huge gamble, but it’s one Dakota Fred is willing to take.

While it seemed like Dakota Fred Hurt disappeared, it turns out we are about to see him in greater detail than we ever have. After being let go from a dispute with Discovery when he and his crew asked for a pay raise, he has left and decided to make a new show on his own terms, All That Glitters. The show is very promising, and speaking of promises, Dakota Fred guarantees that this show will be more “true to life”. For all the fans out there who were wondering about whatever happened to Dakota Fred Hurt, your answer is that he and his crew are starting a new and improved show to shed light on their adventures in the gold mining business.

gazettereview.com...
edit on 8-3-2016 by ilikebooze because: (no reason given)

top topics

join