It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie prepares to go into the belly of the beast: Sanders to do Fox News town hall without Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Source< br />

Baier announced during “Special Report” on Thursday that Sanders had agreed to do the town hall without Hillary Clinton, who Baier said, was invited, but “is unable to attend due to a conflict in her campaign schedule.”

This should be fun to watch. I don't think there's going to be a lot of softball questions thrown at Sanders. Good thing? Bad thing? What do you all think?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It will be funny seeing all the angry Republicans. I can already see some saying that Fox News has betrayed them.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The best "Town Halls" are when both candidates are sitting on the same stage answering questions from voters. Clinton and Sanders have participated in them this election cycle, but never with both appearing together.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I have yet to watch any of the Republican debates, seriously, with Al Gores internet, I can watch the good stuff in a few minutes the next day.

However, I would love to watch Bernie beat the snot out of Hillary!!!! I just don't think he has it in him though. You have to admit, Bernie kissed Hillary's ass early on and I don't think he can recover after trying to help her out and then trying to slam her at a later point.

Love or hate Trump, but he brought out the true nature of politics! Come on, don't lie. You can't tell me that while listening to politicians speak that they didn't try to bring a piousness to their position that almost made you want to worship them in the way people do in church or in a courtroom? *Church is voluntary, Courtroom is well, who won't kiss the ass of the system that now holds your future in it's grasp?".

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I'd watch it simply out of curiosity.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd be interested to see what Bernie has to say in a group of non-supporters. I give him props for being willing to go where Clinton and Obama refuse to tread.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Apparently,she will appear after all

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Why?

They would only say that if FOX refuses to ask the tough questions. As soon as Sanders gets asks what kind of tree he would be, then they'll feel betrayed. People expect that crap from MSNBC.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Apparently,she will appear after all

www.mediaite.com...

Wow, she's skeered.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Clinton will never appear on Fox, Debbie Wasserman Shultz has said as much. Bernie will get smoked but at least he's got the balls to face the fire.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I got a feeling he's got some dirt on Hillary that hasn't come out yet. And, he's willing to say it because he doesn't have ties to people that most politicians do so he's not going to be afraid to say it. I hope he's just waiting for the perfect time to bury her.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source< br />

Baier announced during “Special Report” on Thursday that Sanders had agreed to do the town hall without Hillary Clinton, who Baier said, was invited, but “is unable to attend due to a conflict in her campaign schedule.”

This should be fun to watch. I don't think there's going to be a lot of softball questions thrown at Sanders. Good thing? Bad thing? What do you all think?

I've always believed that if as a politician, especially President you can't head into a hostile group and successfully engage them, you don't have what it takes.

Step 1 is done, Bernie's willing to do it.
Step 2 is if he can be successful.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Just for the record, Hillary's campaign has now decided she's also going.

Hillary Clinton has agreed to appear at a town hall-style telecast airing Monday on Fox News Channel.

It will be Clinton's first appearance on the channel since her book tour in 2014.

Hillary Clinton will appear Monday on Fox News for the first time since 2014

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Candidates should do that. Hat's off to Sanders. Cruz and Trump should do interviews with Huff post and MSNBC too.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Just for the record, Hillary's campaign has now decided she's also going.

Hillary Clinton has agreed to appear at a town hall-style telecast airing Monday on Fox News Channel.

It will be Clinton's first appearance on the channel since her book tour in 2014.

Hillary Clinton will appear Monday on Fox News for the first time since 2014

Ok. Good to see she has decided to go. Me thinks that the developments over the past week regarding her email server has changed her mind. She probably wants to be there to defend herself if Bernie decides to bring up some dirt on her.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

True. Another reason is because Michigan's primary is an open primary. So Republicans and independents can also vote for Bernie or Hillary. It's a smart move for them to go to Fox in order to speak directly to conservative voters, just in case. I was actually hoping she wouldn't show up because it would've given Bernie more time to spread his message.

Michigan is an open primary. Registered voters can choose whether to participate in the Democratic or Republican primary regardless of party affiliation.

Michigan Primary 2016: Date, Voting Hours & Key Information

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Candidates should do that. Hat's off to Sanders. Cruz and Trump should do interviews with Huff post and MSNBC too.

Agreed... they all complain about the political partisanship in media yet they let it continue by refusing to go on the "enemy" networks and be interviewed.

BTW - Rand Paul appeared on CNN to talk about his campaign quite a bit, although CNN is not nearly as biased as Huff Post and MSNBC.
edit on 6-3-2016 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: charolais

Why?

They would only say that if FOX refuses to ask the tough questions. As soon as Sanders gets asks what kind of tree he would be, then they'll feel betrayed. People expect that crap from MSNBC.

The thing is... they probably won't ask any "tough" questions. It will be the typical contrived, open ended questions that Fox News continuously regurgitates.

new topics

top topics

join