It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing But Swamp Gas? – The J. Allen Hynek Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was weird.

Do you think it may have been anything to do with this? : www.nasa.gov...

Or could it have been Swamp Gas?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Dunno.

I have heard tell of giant ships, they must be large interstellar and small probe craft.

Like an aircraft carrier sort of.

Thanks for the link on the portals. "Snapping" magnetic field lines and the zones they create, would be dangerous, I think something to be avoided. Hi radiation, unpredictable, there and gone. Hard to plan to 'meet' one, but if you did, would be extraordinarily dangerous, like flying into super cell thunderheads.

Nope, believing at this point that other 'dimensions' all around us all the time, are the key. Thats why we don't hear their commo or see them until they want us to.

They
'jump'

1:08 into here…

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
To make a correction there has been another spacecraft sighting which is a fact known to people as the Roswel incident which has of course false information reported.
The incident has been understood as being little green or gray beings who crashed and then the incident was portrayed as being a cover up.

The facts are the thought to be aliens of a sort were taken and experimented on alive while lots of information was then acquired which began a long term plan of deception to create lies about the facts. This plan began with the multiple breeding and cloning of a sort of who think they came from where they did not. At least not directly as they are meaning they are confused by misinformation planned of course to create a war.

The facts are little green or gray beings didn't crash. What are known as people or human beings did and they automatically changed appearance or did not. It seems the change of appearance makes more sense to protect identity knowing what would be revealed. The craft was struck by lightning. As has been written already they do not interfere.
Another point worth making is those that have been created feel as though they are those beings which is correct yet the lies they have been created to believe have created a misunderstanding. A misunderstanding meaning in how they think they feel.
When you think about it is likely the change of appearance happened because the point is showing how such a race thinks with ignorance about what isn't known like creating such lies when the fact is those that came from this planet are simply not interfering with thoughts such as does it change or is it always like this.
Kind of like a parent looking at a child who is a punk.
edit on 10-3-2016 by PRINCESSBATTRICK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm only getting started reading this but just wanted to say thanks for an awesome new thread!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PRINCESSBATTRICK

Hmm still having problems getting your points across I see. You do realise this thread is about "J.Allen Hynek" and responses should be at least loosely connected to that specific topic?

One of the moderators can easily be asked to remove comments that are not complying.

edit on 11/3/16 by mirageman because:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EHowardHuntClub
Great Presentation! And as a side-note; I have lived in, hunted, fished, and explored Michigan in all 4 seasons for almost 50 years. I have never, ever, seen "Swamp Gas", nor has anyone I have ever known. UFO's may or may not exist, but "Swamp Gas" in Michigan does not.

I've seen Swamp Gas in the Maryland swamps, on my turkey hunting forays, during the springtime before dawn.

In the end...J. Allen Hynek clung to Vallee's belief in the extra-dimensional hypothesis, rather than ET starships invading our Earth's atmosphere, coming from our own present dimension. This has led to my suspicion...that Hynek and Vallee did or still have ties to secret government intelligence agencies, that continued to debunk actual starship sightings with explanations relating to the extra-dimensional hypothesis.

Granted...holograms can be a form of communication from the ET's. --- but to explain it all as only one form of reality is begging the EDH as the one an only answer; when their a many pieces of the UFO enigma still waiting too be solved.

I'm still disappointed with Hynek's written rejection of my purported ET alien photographs, that came with a letter I wrote to him --- explaining my alien photographs. Shortly thereafter...Hynek passed away, and that's when I received a letter from his successor at CUFOS --- telling me he read my letter I sent to Hynek (that came with my ET alien pictures - 2) and would I please send him my alien pictures to him; so he could take a look at them.

What happened to my photo copies of the ET's that I originally sent too Hynek? Did Hynek just throw them in the trash --- or lost in the shuffle? Whatever secrets on the whereabouts of my lost ET alien pictures --- since I never sent another set of ET pictures to his successor --- Hynek took too his grave --- Which might have been his last debunking cover up before he passed away.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 18-3-2016 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

What happened to my photo copies of the ET's that I originally sent too Hynek? Did Hynek just throw them in the trash --- or lost in the shuffle? Whatever secrets on the whereabouts of my lost ET alien pictures --- since I never sent another set of ET pictures to his successor --- Hynek took too his grave --- Which might have been his last debunking cover up before he passed away.

Hynek was reputedly rather disorganised and couldn't keep up with the number of letters he received. His last secretary once said that he had piles of unopened mail when he passed.

That might be small comfort to you and go some way towards explaining the lack of response.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I'm still disappointed with Hynek's written rejection of my purported ET alien photographs, that came with a letter I wrote to him --- explaining my alien photographs.
What did Hynek's written rejection say?

Hynek took too his grave --- Which might have been his last debunking cover up before he passed away.
Now you've got the internet to publish your photos, so any alleged "cover-up" by Hynek should be moot.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Hi Erno86.

As Arby said why not publish the photos on here?

I'm no Hynek but I'm sure a lot of ATSers would love to see them.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hey mirageman great thread!

Even with all the noise, I think Hynek knew there was a real signal.

I was wondering if you had seen my thread with Hyneks UFO picture ?

The J. Allen Hynek UFO Picture

Link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I'd need to read up on the fine details of that case to give you my opinion of what was going on. But it seems that vehicles can be affected by magnetic fields and Blue Book got it wrong.

For those interested, Kevin Randle has a recent blog post about this case, claiming it to be one of the better reports on UFOs.

Another self proclaimed skeptic, John Shirley, has an interesting piece on it as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

Sorry I must have missed it when covering Hynek.

However I believe it's an important thread and should rightly be linked to this one. I even gave it a S&F.

So here it is again for those who want to explore the UFO photo Hynek himself took :

The J. Allen Hynek UFO Picture

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Thanks for the link. I shall take a look.

I like Kevin Randle as he's one of the few "Roswell" ufologists who actually spends time researching more than just Roswell. He also retains a degree of objectivity that others often lack.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The detail that interests me the most about the 1966 Hillsdale case is WHERE it happened. Hillsdale College. I wish this case would be called the 'Hillsdale College" case, rather than the 'Swamp Gas" case! The fact that the sighting occurred at the College grabbed my attention because this is a place of staunch conservative thought, for many people with political aspirations. Hillsdale College, of all places, is where Atty. General Wm. Barr spoke just weeks ago in September, 2020, underscoring his present political beliefs. Hillsdale College is where Erik Prince, the founder of the nations largest private military/security firm attended classes. This place has turned out a lot of powerful conservative political players. Interestingly, the case is not referred to at all on Hillsdale College's wikipedia page. I've been looking for any record of actual names of student eyewitnesses of the event, I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of a civilian/student's name associated with the witnessing of the event.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

Gidget Kohn and Pinky Poffenberger. My right hand to God; this _was_ the 60s. Also a couple of cops named Hess and Wise. I'm not altogether clear on what staunch conservative thought has to do with anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmy121

Thank you for the fantastic links to the Collegian articles, they're exactly what I was looking for. "Gidget Kohn '69" was a key witness, this is rarely mentioned in case literature . Also I have never seen or heard the word 'arboretum' used as a descriptor until these articles.

As to what 'staunch conservative thought' has to do with this topic: Even to this day, there is a battle over how to describe the phenomenon. Demons? Angels? Enemies? Tech? Inter dimensional visitation? Time Travellers? Remnants of ceremonial magic? Or maybe swamp gas? Any group, conservative or otherwise, who can control the narrative around the phenomenon would have a tactical advantage over adversaries.
edit on 1-10-2020 by lakespirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

As I remember it Hynek was said to have received a phone call at the local police station the night before he came up with the swamp gas explanation , I still wonder who the call was from and for what reason the swamp gas explanation was proposed ...what were they hiding ?

Hi mate, I still wonder that as well - according to Sheriff Douglas Harvey, Dr Hynek received the phone call from Washington a short time before the press conference which instructed him to employ the 'swamp gas debunk'.

See 03:45

"That's when the phone call came in," Harvey told me.

"What phone call I asked?"

Harvey said, "it was a call for Hynek and it was from Washington."

"How did you know it was from Washington," I replied.

"Because the dispatcher stepped into the office and said, 'Dr. Hynek, you've got a call from Washington.'"

Harvey told me that Hynek stepped out of the office to take the call and then returned in a few minutes looking a bit perplexed. And then, according to the sheriff, Hynek said, "it's swamp gas they saw, swamp gas."

Thread

Also thought this was a pretty good case review.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join