It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we feel about VICE Media?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thanks! This is exactly the bias I'm referring to in my original post. They often show the side they choose and don't give the viewers decent perspective.

Sort of like driving their own agenda and not telling the whole story... It doesn't feel like this happens with every VICE piece you view, but is prevalent in some.

Thanks for supporting the thread

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: dug88

Thanks! This is exactly the bias I'm referring to in my original post. They often show the side they choose and don't give the viewers decent perspective.

Sort of like driving their own agenda and not telling the whole story... It doesn't feel like this happens with every VICE piece you view, but is prevalent in some.

Thanks for supporting the thread

No problem glad I can help with your first thread.

Honestly it's not just the drug ones, I picked them because I hear a lot of people both online and in real life repeat things from them. I've watched a lot of different vice videos on a bunch of different things and read a few of their magazines. I prefer the magazine to their videos. I've never actually read any if their online articles, I mean their actual print magazine.

I'll admit i do find some of the things they report on are pretty interesting and i enjoy watching their videos, sometimes. It's mostly after doing more research that I start to learn how much of what they report is fairly shallow. I can't really think of them as news or any kind of real investigative reporting. I'd place them at about the same level as fox or the daily mail but on the opposite spectrum.

Both of those can be kind of entertaining as long as you remember that's really all it is.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join