It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 y.o. son has chickenpox's even after vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Tonight my son school called and told me I need to come get him, as he's been quarantined. They told me he had chickenpox. I told the nurse he had the vaccine as a toddler and the booster about five years ago, how is this possible. The nurse said its a new strain of chickenpox that's completely resistant to the vaccine. That'll my wife and I are all set as we have had chickenpox, but our daughter will most certainly get it!? I've looked online and can't find any info and it doesn't look much like chickenpox?
Anyone ever heard of vaccine resistant chickenpox's?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

I was unaware there was a vaccine for chicken pox. Forgive my ignorance. I remember the measles vaccine, small pox, but not chicken pox. We just went ahead and got ourselves sick at a young age then we couldn't get it later.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

I was unaware there was a vaccine for chicken pox. Forgive my ignorance. I remember the measles vaccine, small pox, but not chicken pox. We just went ahead and got ourselves sick at a young age then we couldn't get it later.

There is a vaccine and it has been found to be dangerous ot 'go ahead and give yourself chicken pox'.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I haven't heard anything and you are right, can't find anything on line,,,maybe you can get a little more info, call the nurse and ask a few questions, see what she says.

reidra, yeah I saw that article you posted about the mutant strain, there was something mutant in the chiclen pox dna
edit on 4-3-2016 by research100 because: added sentence
the university of iowa got a patent
edit on 4-3-2016 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwontrun
Tonight my son school called and told me I need to come get him, as he's been quarantined. They told me he had chickenpox. I told the nurse he had the vaccine as a toddler and the booster about five years ago, how is this possible. The nurse said its a new strain of chickenpox that's completely resistant to the vaccine. That'll my wife and I are all set as we have had chickenpox, but our daughter will most certainly get it!? I've looked online and can't find any info and it doesn't look much like chickenpox?

The Chicken Pox vaccine is about 95% effective against severe cases. 10-30% that have received 2 doses can contract a mild case of Chicken Pox.

I found an article from 2002 about a 'new' strain of chicken pox, but I would assume it is in the vaccine now. I found that University of Iowa Patents Mutant Chicken Pox Virus from 2013.

The current chicken pox diagnostic test has been available since 1984 and cannot screen for the mutant form. Until Grose and Santos' finding, chicken pox was thought to be the same strain worldwide.

I find that interesting. Not sure how widespread this 'mutant virus' is, the point of the article was improving testing.
edit on 4-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
OH well mutants chicken pox can hardly be worse than mutant chickens.......can it?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Should Chickenpox Vaccine Be Mandated?

NVIC did not support the addition of chickenpox vaccine to the mandatory childhood vaccine schedule after it was licensed in 1995 and recommended for universal use in all children. The vast majority of children recover from chickenpox disease and do not suffer complications. They are left with a qualitatively superior immunity to the disease.

The chickenpox vaccine only gives temporary immunity and leaves older children and adults vulnerable to chickenpox later in life when complications can be much more serious. Mass use of the chickenpox vaccine by children has eliminated the opportunity for natural asymptomatic boosting of immunity in adults and left adults vulnerable to shingles later in life.

source

Are you sure he doesn't have the shingles? Perhaps read this and see if there is a relation.
Good luck to you and your son!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This just came out today in Seattle news but looks like it is from the gov

link

The Department of Health (DOH) is rolling out a new chickenpox vaccine requirement for high school students.

The DOH announced Thursday that all public and private high school students will be required to get two doses of the chickenpox vaccine before they enter the schools.

The new requirement starts this year.

The DOH said teens should be vaccinated soon to avoid a last-minute rush before the start of school.

Chickenpox is transmitted through the air by coughing and sneezing or by touching chickenpox blisters.

If a student needs two doses of the chickenpox vaccine, they should wait one month between each dose.

That isn't much information but is all I could find. I know they already require 2 doses but this seems to be specific to high school

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I called and there is no one at the clinic now. But earlier she said the dr had run a test and it was chickenpox. To me it looks nothing like that, it looks more like an allergic reaction. She said this new strain looks more like a rash.
It all sounds weird to me. He's had no fever. He went in yesterday and they said it was nothing and sent him back to the dorm. Today it had spread, bit still no pox marks just a rash.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Most if not all vaccines have a fail rate, very minor but its always possible to contract the virus after a vaccination. They have that warning attached to them.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The question is:

"Even after"

or

"because of"

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I went to school during the late 50's to the late 60's and during that time there were only about

this 111111 many vaccines available and we only needed 1-2 of them, if any at all.

Today there are this 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 many vaccines

and it seems absolutely everybody must have absolutely every one of them. Not only that it seems that we must absolutely also have a booster every 5-10 years.

We can see from this that the number of vaccines we must absolutely have is directly proportional to the number of vaccines available.

If in 5-10 years there were:

111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111 this many vaccines

and we were told that we must absolutely have every single one of them and have a booster at least every year, would you believe them?

If so, why?

if not, why?

edit on 4-3-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Chicken pox is nasty, and it is much worse as you get older. I had chicken pox...twice lol! Seriously, it is extremely rare, some people develop shingles in later life but not me. I had it as a kid, then when I was 22, got the frickin thing again!
Be careful about taking for granted that you can't get chicken pox twice because...well, you can.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Although not common it is possible to catch chickenpox after a vaccination. The varicella virus can have differences, otherwise known as a breakthrough infection.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

how is this possible?

In a word: SCAM...

Quite a few MD's have come out and said that the medical mafia is part of the population reduction agenda.

This leaves little doubt about the real purpose behind all of this: Agenda 21.

"There is a great deal of evidence to prove that immunization of children does more harm than good." - Dr. J. Anthony Morris (formerly Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the US Federal Drug Admin.)

"Much of what you have been led to believe about immunizations simply isn't true. I not only have grave misgivings about them, I would urge you to reject all inoculations for your child. Although I administered them my-self during my early years of practice, I have become a steadfast opponent of mass inoculation because of the myriad hazards they present." ~ Robert Mendelsohn, M.D.

"The medical industry is no longer to be trusted. We have a Medical Inquisition. The Rockefellers took it over way back and warped a lot of it. Our doctors are brainwashed. The Rockefellers are dedicated to population reduction and are using the medical industry to do it." ~ Robert Mendelsohn, M.D.

"This..forced me to look into the question of vaccination further, and the further I looked the more shocked I became. I found that the whole vaccine business was indeed a gigantic hoax. Most doctors are convinced that they are useful, but if you look at the proper statistics and study the instances of these diseases you will realize that this is not so . . .

My final conclusion after forty years or more in this business [medicine] is that the unofficial policy of the World Health Organization and the unofficial policy of the 'Save the Children's Fund' and ... [other vaccine promoting] organizations is one of murder and genocide. . . . I cannot see any other possible explanation. . . . You cannot immunize sick children, malnourished children, and expect to get away with it. You'll kill far more children than would have died from natural infection." --Dr Kalokerinos MD

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Your writing two anti vaccination sources. Can you get any more biased?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Aeshma

it has been found to be dangerous ot 'go ahead and give yourself chicken pox'.

No, this is wrong

there is a reason parents have "chicken pox parties".

it's dangerous to catch it as an adult, you can die.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I found this quote interesting enough to research it:

"There is a great deal of evidence to prove that immunization of children does more harm than good." - Dr. J. Anthony Morris (formerly Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the US Federal Drug Admin.)

I could not find a source for it. There were plenty of sites citing it, but as 100% of them were biased anti-vaccination sites, I took their citing-qualities with a spoon of salt.

Is there a neutral website which could pinpoint this quote to a date and maybe even the original source?

Because the more often I read it on anti-vaccination-websites, the more I distrust this quote. But that is my own opinion, and it might be subjective.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

DO NOT trust a chicken pox vaccine. Plain and simple.

Catching it early on in life IS still the best method, regardless what people might think.

Hmm a "super-chickenpox"?

Maybe stop the vaccinations causing the virus to mutate and stick to tried and true methods...get sick as a kid.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Here's a contrast situation for you.... In Denmark we do playdates with our babies / toddlers to share the chickenpox once they are around, to get it over with. I had them myself as a kid as well as rubella.
The earlier you let your kid have them the easier they come through it... a one year old is less likely to scratch themselves up, where as a 5-6 year old would most likely end up with a few pox scars.

And you know what.... there's nothing wrong with this.

I got offered a play date as late as yesterday, but we are dealing with a bad rash at the moment as well as teeth breaking through, so thought that was enough to deal with at once haha.
edit on 4/3/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join