It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares First Strike On Nuclear Weapons Usage: Yikes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

I know that like his father, Kim Jung Un spouts off, seemingly when NK fades into the background and doesn't get much attention in the news.

Something tells me this time it's different. Remember the boy who cried wolf? Eventually what he said came to pass.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why do countries always like the "GO BIG" to force a regime change? Lots of destruction and lives lost.. just to get one man. That's crazy overkill. Why not start small by having the CIA use one of its contacts, or methods, to eliminate the troublemaker?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

What would happen if we had Kim Jung-Un assassinated? Would someone as unstable replace him? President Trump would direct one of our agencies to stealthily end his life. (Poison, pay someone in his regime to kill him, sniper, etc..)

Well about eighteen months ago I had this weird dream about North Korea. Kim and his regime were gone after being ousted from power. I then saw that there was a caretaker leader in charge who although being military, was responsible for the transition of North Korea from a prison camp to being a democratic country. I sensed it took a few years because of the process of de brainwashing everyone. I also dreamt that the death camps were discovered and the world mourned a new Holocaust that it did nothing about for the best part of sixty years.

So my guess is that the UN will oversee a transistionary period, with the blessings of China. Unification of the two Koreas wont happen post Kim until much much later, but there is freedom of movement between the two countries. That is my guess for what it is worth.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I strongly suspect you would not. As someone who has worked with radiation (radio labled chemicals in this case, and thus much less horrible than a landscaped that has been nuked). Most people freak out at the idea of radiation.

You talk big, but I smell pasture that cows have been grazing in.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nk the living meme nation.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just some hours ago; Kim said "Enemies are clearly preparing for a tactical attack (joint military drill); and the result of this attack would be a nuclear response from us."

Source: www.haberturk.com... (Not English, but the news in English can be found online if searched)
edit on 7-3-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why do countries always like the "GO BIG" to force a regime change? Lots of destruction and lives lost.. just to get one man. That's crazy overkill. Why not start small by having the CIA use one of its contacts, or methods, to eliminate the troublemaker?

Because it usually doesn't work, and not with a despotic regime like that in NK.
The moment you take him out the country destabilizes and you have an internal battle for control. There's no telling who will gain power or what they will do.
At least with a guy like Kim they know his psychology, they've studied him for years, they can predict pretty well what he'll do. They can't have that kind of monitoring in place for everyone likely to vie for leader if they take him out.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
Just some hours ago; Kim said "Enemies are clearly preparing for a tactical attack (joint military drill); and the result of this attack would be a nuclear response from us."

I really don't understand why ATS goes into a tizzy every time NK does something like this. They rant about this all the time. Every year they lose the plot and start screaming threats like a badly scripted villain in a low budget movie and every time we have a thread on ATS about how it's "real this time!" and the "end of the world is nigh!!!!!"

Kim will maybe harass some people, maybe fire off some rockets like the temper tantrum child he is, then in a couple of months he'll shut up again when the international community agrees to some bs about how they've changed their mind about nuclear weapons and they "really mean it this time".

We'll go back to the table, spend another three months making another deal, we'll ship in a few tonnes of luxuries for the sicko and his psychotic friends and family, they'll immediately start ignoring the deals they made and carry on with their nuclear program, we'll cut off supplies again, theirs will run out, they'll spend a month or two screaming like little kids who've had their candy taken away and make all these threats... rinse and repeat.

This is all bs, a mix of internal showmanship and external hissy fitting, it serves all purposes to get the treats they want and maintain control over an almost parallelized and pretty much mentally ill public.

There is nothing we can do with NK other than make it clear that if they do anything to threaten us or our allies we will respond. Maybe we can get them into long term talks eventually, but there's no option of "taking them out" or going in there to do anything. If we did that, we would end up responsible for that country and it would cost us all billions upon billions of $'s and decades upon decades of work.

The public is not going to accept that.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Kimmy is at his cry wolf games again. Let's just remember that their capabilities are pretty much outdated but useable by any means and any attempt to provocative its neighbours will most likely met with reasonable action if he continues spouting.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Heres the newest threats from Lil Kim

www.winnipegsun.com...

Personally I think its all empty threats and garble. D-Rodman should head back over there to talk his "Boy" down

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join