It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter on Donald Trump from GOP National Security Leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ATS had this an hour before CNN. Maybe they got it here?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
warontherocks.com...

We the undersigned, members of the Republican national security community, represent a broad spectrum of opinion on America’s role in the world and what is necessary to keep us safe and prosperous. We have disagreed with one another on many issues, including the Iraq war and intervention in Syria. But we are united in our opposition to a Donald Trump presidency. Recognizing as we do, the conditions in American politics that have contributed to his popularity, we nonetheless are obligated to state our core objections clearly:

...Mr. Trump’s own statements lead us to conclude that as president, he would use the authority of his office to act in ways that make America less safe, and which would diminish our standing in the world. Furthermore, his expansive view of how presidential power should be wielded against his detractors poses a distinct threat to civil liberty in the United States. Therefore, as committed and loyal Republicans, we are unable to support a Party ticket with Mr. Trump at its head. We commit ourselves to working energetically to prevent the election of someone so utterly unfitted to the

The body list 9 points. It's signed by people like Michael Chertoff.

Astoundingly, these GOPers, many who worked for the Bush administration, admonish Trump's take on torture. I agree, it's not good but it's the pot calling the kettle black. And they also criticize his take on foreign policy - as if we didn't support one failed attempt after the other at regime change in Bush 1 and Bush 2.

I guess the economic wing of the GOP will be up next to "disavow" and sound the alarms about Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I tend to agree with all of their observations, it's just amazing to see this all play out and watch the party implode.

If they were bad, trump would be 1000x worse. His complete incompetence coupled with so much power scares even the evil ones. Just sayin'.
edit on 3-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Except, last I heard, and being the flip flopper he is its hard to keep up, that Trump fully supports Big Brother, NSA, ect.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a re

They are so afraid him; what are they so afraid of
ply to: Justso
your 100% right what are they afraid of, why are they putting up a big stink, from the poll numbers that Trump has and the exit polls are showing "we the people" are speaking clearly that something needs to change in Washington DC, are they afraid that he will tell all the secrets about being in Washington and how things really work and how they all line their pockets off of the American people, what is the secret they are afraid of. Besides if Trump is really getting more people out to vote what's the problem, like my wife and I said when Obama got elected if you did not vote you have no right to complain if the country goes the wrong way.

Tell us Washington DC what are you scared off, why does he scare you?

edit on 3-3-2016 by 19KTankCommander because: sp

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

plus she would have respect from the international community.
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Respect, no one respect the United States any more, point being Benghazi, Somalia, China, ect, the only reason they would respect her is because she would allow them get away with anything they want, we don't need the United States to be known as "oh don't worry they won't do anything," besides with all the scandals between Bill and Hillary going all the way back to the Water Gate Saving loan scandal, I don't and never have trust a Clinton, the Clintons are like Herpes , once you thought you got ride of them they show back up"

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: schuyler
Oh yeah. The squeeze is on. The effort to Dump Trump is in full swing now.

But do the voters have a say anymore, or only the establishment? I thought we live in a democracy.

Well TPTB told us the right to privacy is obsolete, the right of free speech is obsolete, the right to own a firearm is obsolete, now selecting a president by popular vote isn't good anymore.

Now they'll try a brokered convention to avoid the inconvenience of the people choosing the next president.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
a reply to: burdman30ott6

HoldMyBeer: I really hate to admit it, but the full frontal assault on Trump makes be give him a second look, even though I think he would be an awful President. How's that for political madness?

It equates to a wealthy/smart "junkyard dog" (inside and outside the system) being the better option to govern a misguided stalled government (by both parties for years) to a better place; problem being: his vision points for accomplishing this are invisable. The establishment; the purist theoretical republicans stalled and if you over think policy nothing comes from it. Jimmy Carter and worse Barack Obama are do nothing Idealists. Leave it up to the Universe (cosmic will) to decide outcomes; last time I looked the Universe has never run for office.
edit on 3-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Given the fact that these national security leaders are in large part responsible for nearly a decade of the absolute worst foreign defense policy in US history, I see this as an endorsement to vote FOR Trump.

They should rename themselves National INSECURITY Leaders.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

he would use the authority of his office to act in ways that make America less safe, and which would diminish our standing in the world. Furthermore, his expansive view of how presidential power should be wielded against his detractors poses a distinct threat to civil liberty in the United States.

This is by far the best evidence for selective memory loss - do these GOP National security leaders think we have forgotten that it was a Republican POTUS that invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and rolled out the Patriot Act - all of which has made America less safe, diminished her standing in the world and stripped the citizens of their civil liberties.

WOW - talk about a delusional bunch of morons, I can't believe that actually penned this letter, the contents of which can be placed at the feet of Bush.

I'm with Burdman30ott6 - this should encourage everyone to vote anti-establishment.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I honestly was going to stay out of this one. I was not going to vote, seeing no choice in candidates. That^ just made up my mind. If that sumbag SOB doesn't want Trump in power, I Do.
Anyone who can make TPTB that nervous, I like him!!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

When Michael Chertoff, the draconian son of a bitch behind the present efforts to turn America into a gulag at the beck and call of the NSA, tells Americans not to support a politician... well, that says something. It says "VOTE FOR THAT POLITICIAN IMMEDIATELY!!!" This isn't about the US losing standing or becoming "less safe" in any way, it's about the NSA losing powers and the nation becoming safe enough to justifiably tell Chertoff and his band of asshats "get out!"

Trump 2016

Can't agree more. These desperate acts by the GOP leadership just makes me more committed to Trump.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

as if we didn't support one failed attempt after the other at regime change in Bush 1 and Bush 2.

Back up there.

The ONLY reason we didn't finish Gulf War One is because of our so called arab 'allies' came crying to the US administration at the time.

And cried we beat Saddam too bad. So stop.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Exactly. Sound reasoning.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Think about it. If we had just pushed forward we could have done in the 90s what we only just accomplished.

Weakness keeps us from greatness.

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I have thought about it.

The Highway of Death signaled the end of major combat operations.

The scenes of devastation on the road are some of the most recognizable images of the war, and it has been suggested that they were a factor in President George H. W. Bush's decision to declare a cessation of hostilities the next day.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I won't argue we should have ended it with Saddams removal.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is warontherocks a legit source? Never heard of them, has this been confirmed elsewhere?

Either this is the most brilliant establishment strategy ever or they truly hate trump.

I just have a hard time not believing they couldn't stop him if they really wanted to.
edit on 22331America/ChicagoThu, 03 Mar 2016 19:22:37 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Thanks, its just too freaking bazaar this election cycle to know wtf is really real or going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: neo96

Think about it. If we had just pushed forward we could have done in the 90s what we only just accomplished.
Weakness keeps us from greatness.

This is a recreational war between Arabs and factionalised Sunni/Shiite/Kurdish Persians. Why are we involved at all? This is a war regarding the interpretation of the Koran between Persians and Arabs.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I do find it quite amazing how much TPTB(CFR, Bilderberg) have miscalculated Trump.

They are flailing and I am loving it. Trump preempted the negative press turned it around and used it as part of his persona. They have always had this dirt on candidates to use on them when the time was needed. This time they shot their dirt and it hit some sort of trump armor.

Let me see If I get this right.
breaking geneva convention, embargo Iraq mass child death, non authorized UN wars, non-declared wars, drone bombing any country sees fit= Good
Talking Smack=Banned
edit on 3-3-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join