It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria reports nationwide electricity outage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First thought is IsIs, but the story goes on to say

militants had hit part of a power-generating station with rockets in the western Syrian city of Hama.

So Isis controls the majority of Syria; I am wondering if we dropped one on the main power grid over there; Not alot on this so far, but I am sure we will get more 411 as the day prolongs;

The Syrian government reported a nationwide power outage on Thursday -- just the latest electricity problem in a country that has seen frequent outages during a five-year war between the regime, rebels and terror groups.

Electrical workers determined the cause and had begun restoring power to some places by late afternoon, the country's ministry of electricity said without detailing what had gone wrong.

It wasn't clear how many people were affected by Thursday's outage, as many cities outside of the government's control already weren't being served by the government-run power grid. The ISIS terror group and other militants groups control large parts of the country, and many cities in these areas use fuel-powered generators for electricity.

In a video posted online late Thursday afternoon, an official with Syria's electricity ministry said efforts to relaunch power service could take two to 12 hours.

Shortly before the outage was reported, the ministry said on its Facebook page Thursday that militants had hit part of a power-generating station with rockets in the western Syrian city of Hama. The Syrian government hasn't said whether this damage was linked to the nationwide outage; the ministry said maintenance workers were fixing the damage.

Syria's power infrastructure has been damaged during the war, accounting in part for frequent outages even in areas that it still served.

. . . . L I G H T S O U T
edit on 3-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

(post by TonyS removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nobody deserves to live the hell they are suffering in Syria. Nobody.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I agree that what is happening in Syria to those people, by the PTB, is unbelievable and want all the elite rounded up and thrown in dungeons. Not given huge incomes and responsibility, and not given endorsement by the people. Which seems to be happening on paper, not in people's hearts so much, due to the corrupt system and due to everyone being put to sleep and lied to.

top topics

join