It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Yr Old boy pegged as a radical by School....Welcome to the NWO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: NobodiesNormal
Your post has no purpose in regard to this thread, but to defame another member who from what I've seen provides decent posts.

As to the OP violent video games such as COD and CS:GO are just something to throw into the article. There is no correlation. Frankly, I think the opposite is true (opposite of what many people and the media say pertaining to video games) and that violent video games reduce stress and feelings of aggression. That's certainly the feeling I've experienced.

i disagree with you however even if your right on that the post i was replying to would be equally irrelevant, biased of you to ignore his post on that condition and instead single mine out. is this a team effort now?

also your post is equally irrelevant especially considering those two games you say where thrown into the article are in fact not thrown into the article, they are not mentioned in the article at all, perhaps your ignorance of this is the reason you thought the post pointing that out was irrelevant...

there now, with an edit i have done like you did, including the topic in the reply in the last sentence only, per your standards that should make it totally on topic as evidenced by your own post.

to the OP topic: if kids are influenced by the violence in video games the parents are to blame as it is there prerogative to decide and control what games their children play, if they feel their child may be negatively influenced by a game for w/e reason it is their charge to refuse them access to said game. so the school should not be punishing the child.
edit on 3-3-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

The boy was obviously acting in a manner that wasn't appropriate for a drone.

He was showing initiative and independent thought.

His will, his drive, his ambition, will be crushed as a lesson for anyone else who shows any indication of independent thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You should learn to count. Most of my post is relevant and I mentioned those games because I knew it would set you off. No actual response to me? Well then....waste of my time. Video games arent to blame regardless. As someone else mentioned there has always been violence in child play and video games are merely an advancement.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If you say so, seemed lengthy, for zero sum rage.

I used voice to text from the toilet, I didn't create the thread, only replied.

The ire from you; from what you perceived as me attacking something you enjoyed.

Again you lack comprehension, my problem is with the interruption of class, he could be talking about anything other than school and it would be a problem.

But yeah, you showed me.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Mark, who is separated from Louise, says the headteacher of St Michael & All Angels Primary School accused his son of making comments relating to terrorism, as well as playing inappropriate and violent Xbox games.

Didn't we settle this debate in the 90's... If the kid was playing violent video games that either his parents or his school finds offensive,it's up to his parents to be responsible enough to do something about it. To put the causality of his comments on a damn video game is disingenuous, even in the game mentioned in the article there aren't any terrorists to speak of,unless you count assassins and drug lords.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

a reply to: Lysergic

sheesh this is ridiculous, once again both of you have displayed your lack of reading comprehension, once again both of you assume im defending a game i like, despite my very first post to this thread spelled out that i dislike both those games anyhow and have no interest in defending them,
both of you only continue to miss the mark on what the point is, after so many posts trying to spell it out to you i see now this is futile, your right that this is a waste of time.

originally posted by: Tiamat384

I mentioned those games because I knew it would set you off.

yeah thanks for proving my point that your just a troll, stating as clearly as could be you made an effort with one goal in mind to evoke a reaction, congrats.

you know what they say, dont feed the trolls

edit on 3-3-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

toodles.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

gotta have the last word dont you, bet it pisses you off that id reply to that, go ahead make another condescending response just to get that last word, show your troll nature, lets see it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When have I assumed such? Perhaps it is you that lack reading comprehension? I despise both, actually haven't played one ever and was using games I knew were popular with the youth (and that I knew would get on the nerves of people who didn't understand my point). Thanks for missing my original mark which to put it in simple terms for you: Violent video games do not cause violence.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

you assume i missed your point cause i didnt disagree with it? perhaps you shouldnt maintain such a contrarian view of the world

i also dont think video games cause violence, which is the real reason i ignored you.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You didn't even mention it so I assumed you skipped over it even though it made up most of my reply and was the primary purpose. Seriously, are my edits even showing up because I'm unsure if I should post a thread to Board Questions.. You don't quite understand my view of the world nor is that the topic. Bye.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If your age approximates mine, you were fighting the commies (dirty Russkies). Sheesh! Who is the new bad guy today?

Back in the '50s it was Japs and Krauts.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Jeezuz when I was 8 yrs old I was cutting out replica Thompson sub machine guns for my gang out of plywood scraps....by the time I was fourteen I was 1 IC on a Bren Gun team....L/Corporal cadet....
The political correctness HYPOCRISY of today gals me no end......

I shot my first shot out of my dads shotgun at 5 yrs old....needless to say I waited years to do it again...but that in itself was a lesson my dad (who had to help me hold it...)taught me....(my brother and I also learned to retrieve ducks in the fields behind the dikes....that was another lesson....)

During the Korean war we kids killed hordes of imaginary Chicoms.....read GI Joe religiously.....
Whats the big freaking deal?
I was raised on Dave Dawson and the Convoy Patrol and other adventures...in fact poor Dave dawson would have had to be three people to have had all those war adventures in a short 5 years....and we kids were propagandized like nobodies business with it...

All the while we were fighting the Cold War....threatening MAD on the Rooskies....

Then came Veeitnam......how long did that go on?

First its kill kill kill then suddenly its all cancelled....?????

Screw these namby pamby hysterics...Im Sick of the overreaching nosey bastards who end up in such positions in the system...

edit on 3-3-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Jeezuz when I was 8 yrs old I was cutting out replica Thompson sub machine guns for my gang out of plywood scraps....by the time I was fourteen I was 1 IC on a Bren Gun team....L/Corporal cadet....

I don't care what you do at home.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sounds like this kid is in trouble for having an imagination and will be prescribed the ''appropriate'' meds. Hopefully the parents know better than the school system these days. I've seen it before, kid has a big imagination that should be channeled into art or storytelling and is just dumbed down with unnecessary meds. Sad stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

At home my arse...we drew innumerable war scenes when in grade school complete with red boody wounds and fire spitting aircraft and ships....
any kid making such a picture now would be sent for 're-education"
The parents horsewhipped and the child taken..

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

At home my arse...we drew innumerable war scenes when in grade school complete with red boody wounds and fire spitting aircraft and ships....
any kid making such a picture now would be sent for 're-education"
The parents horsewhipped and the child taken..

I'm 70. I am aware of the past.

I shot. "Indians".

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Indians didn't hold a candle to ww2 enemies we put the run on.....plus cowboys couldnt use automatic weapons (why do you think I patiently cut out all those Thompsons....) We had firepower....!
We saved up all the dough we could scrounge before Halloween to buy explosives of all kinds....
nobody I knew ever lost an eye....or became a terrorist....

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

When I was five or six we had a huge water gun fight at school complete with water bomb balloons, and we were definitely pretending to be in the army and/or cops and robbers and such. We certainly would never get in trouble at school for saying we wanted to fight terrorists. Society just up and flipped on its head one day. Now kids get in huge trouble because the pop-tart they chewed into the shape of a mountain was mistaken for a super dangerous pop-tart gun. As one poster already mentioned, deaf kids can't even sign their names without getting in trouble because it looked like a dangerous gesture. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

When I was five or six we had a huge water gun fight at school complete with water bomb balloons, and we were definitely pretending to be in the army and/or cops and robbers and such.

How prevalent was terrorism when you were a kid?

Water balloon fight? You're going to compare a water balloon fight to the rather recent horrors of international terrorism?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join