It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very modest 137 IQ (and I mean it)...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

If anybody needs to wear the dunce cap it's me.

Not using intellect is pretty stupid.

I started getting sick of hearing "but you had so much potential"

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Why limit the inherently limitless potential found in your very being through a number generated from conditioned responses? You're much more genius then that my friend.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
And if you ,maybe met some-one with say around 170 or so.

Would you know?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: preludefanguy

So true.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I believe the fool and "low" intel person is the person that cannot,or refuse to see him/herself.

If you have never been a fool then you will never learn anything.

Imo.

But what do i know,i have been a fool all my life.
edit on 4-3-2016 by David2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Got to be at least 500 inches
Cubic inches out of 75 recorded by law
Ever fall in love with a Chevy
Ever fall in love with a Ford
Ever felt the torque of a hemi
Ever seen the face of the lord
Got to be at least 500 inches
Cubic inches out of 75 recorded by law

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I've met people with genius level IQs who lacked the common sense needed to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel, and I've met people who were high school flunk outs who could out survive and thrive damn near anyone you threw them up against. As far as I am concerned, a dude with an 85 IQ who can rebuild a 5R110 Torqshift transmission efficiently and properly has a hell of a lot more value to the world than does some jackass with a 145 IQ whose claim to fame is that they narrate a theoretical cosmology TV show.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
All right then, I feel the urge and necessarily need clarify this. IQ tests has nothing to do with anything, it's an obsolete method of testing ones logical thinking process. All it does is to give people a number, and that number allegedly tells if your smart or dumb, total useless BS. It's so typical for people who has a certain need of feeling special and above the rest, I guess you could say that i's normal for the majority of ignorant people. What really make me laugh is those special clubs for people with a high or "special" numbers (MENSA) who gather in small groups and glorify themselves for having such a high IQ, ridicules I must say..
What should be used more often, is the Howard Gardner test, it I far more accurate for the "rest of us" who don't have an increased logical method of problem solving logical based scenarios.
The Howard Gardner tests, is based on mans 9 intelligences:
1.Musical–rhythmic and harmonic
2 Visual–spatial
3 Verbal–linguistic
4.Logical–mathematical
5.Bodily–kinesthetic
6.Interpersonal
7 Intrapersonal
8 Naturalistic
9 Existential

In my opinion we're all equals, no one is above anyone else, why should a number determine that?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Deistworld

No limits to the face of the 'lord' that's why it is found in everything, even ignorance.

I too have been a fool.
edit on 4-3-2016 by preludefanguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The only reason to me to do an IQ test is to see if you are gifted. But to be gifted you need a lot more than a high IQ. Some gifted people are, shortly said, bad people. If you are gifted you also need to grow. That means: you need to have perseverance, you have to be so altruistic that you reach a scale normal people are not capable to reach, you even have to be a humanitarian …
I think the only way to make the world better is to let this kind of gifted people rule the world.
Only I think this kind of people will have to be obliged to rule, because their egocentrism and lust for power is almost zero.
From www.evawaseerst.be...
Highly gifted and sensitive people have higher IQ, have more empathy, a strong urge for justice, greater perseverance, they are more spiritual, don’t prefer personal power nor material things etc. Now you don’t see them at the top because they turn their backs to hypocrisy and intrigue, the two most effective weapons that life on earth uses.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

From what I have learned of intelligence, it is relative to survival.

True intelligence is not a skill set or even a disposition. It is the ability to overcome ones self and create a new skill.

A bird is MUCH smarter than you when finding worms. A fish is a smarter swimmer, and so on.

Potential is the key. If you have potential, then you can be "smart".

If you rely on the potential of others you are not "smart". You are a parrot.

Repeating formulaic responses to specific stimuli like completing a math formula, or answering what the tenets of a philosophy are is not intelligence.

The ability to create a system of math, or create a philosophy is true potential for intelligence. They are not even instances of intelligence, but rather our potential manifesting its ability to do something smart in a given circumstance.

If you do not find yourself learning because you are "smart" already or learning new ways to learn because you have the "best" way to learn..., then you have painted yourself into a corner of your mind and will never ruin your beautiful painted floor to reach over into your potential.

Then you never have those "almost" instances of true intelligence. You are a parrot. A mirror. An echo.

Not a smart man.

really if you have even ONE original thought in your life then you were smart at least "once"-

To think you are smart and stay that way is a fallacy. You are then stuck on the level of survival you prefer. You are not actually doing more than surviving, like a bird getting worms to eat.

If you do find yourself ever changing, learning new ways to learn, then you are near your potential and may bring to earth some of that divine spark we say is out there. (which it is, in us)

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest
I have taken an IQ test twice, and both times I scored a 137. Now I say in the title that I'm modest about that, and I mean it, because I really am annoyed that I didn't test higher.

IQ = 'ego' = 'thought/imagination/memory' (obviously).
First, you brag about it.
Twice!
In bold!
Then, when you have stolen our attention, you wave a hand and regale us that not only are you 'smarter', somehow, than fools like us, but you are just so goddamn 'humble' that you even 'judge' (your superior old self) to STILL be 'unworthy'!
That makes us all, here at the farm, feel like such idiots!
Does that make you feel better?
Thought not...

This isn't about 'IQ's, is it?
Not really.
Well, be honest, if you can, when you're alone.

Those IQ points don't buy Love and Happiness, do they?

Some things you just can't fake.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheElectricPriest

Hey, thanks man. I actually feel kind of bad, I didn't realize this simple post was going to stir up some ill feelings in people.

You forget that you're dealing with a lot of insecure children here, in the Y generation (or "Y me"). Their parents (Gen X) taught a lot of them they are all little special snowflakes, and the kids don't understand why they can't get a job when they 1) have no experience and 2) have no special skills that are in need and 3) don't want to start work at the bottom like normal people do.

The "Y me" generation is just one example of pop psychology gone horribly wrong. Shame on your for thinking everyone is realistic, and confident as you!

edit on 3/4/2016 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulrush
You forget that you're dealing with a lot of insecure children here, in the Y generation (or "Y me"). Their parents (Gen X) taught a lot of them they are all little special snowflakes, and the kids don't understand why they can't get a job when they 1) have no experience and 2) have no special skills that are in need and 3) don't want to start at the bottom like normal people do.

When did knowing your IQ become part of the job interview process or more important than performance history and delivered metrics?

edit on 4-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
what's your psychedelic IQ ?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Soooo I knew a few guys in highschool with photographic memories who had high IQs because they were able to remember everything and scored perfect test results. I was told that I was smarter because they had never had to think in their lives. One guy got a doctorate in mathematics and then one in ancient chinese literature something or other in a few years. Only one out of the 3 was normal because he was high most of the time and the other two well........ IQ dosnt mean a thing if you cant relate to your fellow human beings. Id rather hang out and talk to a kind hearted happy person with an iq of 70 than with a fact regurgerator person who has an iq of 170.

Whats more important is your Emotional IQ.

Emotional IQ

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If I may pontificate or a moment on this subject. . . . . . .

In my long years on this planet, I have found that the greatest teacher on this planet, the greatest determination to one's intelligence, is in making mistakes.

We only learn by making mistakes.

The more that one does, the more mistakes we are apt to make, thus the more we will learn.

Experience is nothing more than a long history of making errors and learning from them. You can't quantify experience, you can't measure the knowledge gained by making mistakes.

Intelligence is great. But intelligence without experience is like having the fastest auto kept safely in the garage. It serves no purpose. It has the potential, but until it is actually "road tested" then it is nothing compared to any number of slower vehicles.

I will always trust experience over intelligence.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought I made a mistake once but I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You forget that you're dealing with a lot of insecure children here, in the Y generation (or "Y me"). Their parents (Gen X) taught a lot of them they are all little special snowflakes, and the kids don't understand why they can't get a job when they 1) have no experience and 2) have no special skills that are in need and 3) don't want to start at the bottom like normal people do.

When did knowing your IQ become part of the job interview process or more important than performance history and delivered metrics?

Psychometric testing, including ordinary IQ tests, is quite common practice in recruitment for management or executive type jobs.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Psychometric testing, including ordinary IQ tests, is quite common practice in recruitment for management or executive type jobs.

Psychometric testing is science fiction. No one can really, actually burn things with just the power of their mind.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join