It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, Russia! You so silly! Russians claim to be working on 6th and *7th* gen fighters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well this is the aircraft forums, what do expect to find here, unicorns?

Unicorns!? Well that explains everything and to think, under our noses the whole time.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

damnit, sam.

Glad I wasn't drinking something.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
They are. Didn't you see the artist rendition?

7th gen fighter
edit on 4-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I just be mad at you for making me click that but it was so damn funny I can't haha

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I just be mad at you for making me click that but it was so damn funny I can't haha

I was hoping to get at least one

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Working on a concept of a 6th and 7 gen is not the same as building one. As Z said. A 6th generation is not even defined yet.

A Russian concept of a 6 and 7 gen might not even be inline With what the US have in mind for their 6 or 7th gen..
And by the way, who sets the standard of these Things? The US??

The US sets the satandard for what they want to build. But that defines nothing. You dont need a raptor to beat a raptor. The Russians know that.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I quite sure the American new redesigned B21 is very powerfully and stealthy...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
I quite sure the American new redesigned B21 is very powerfully and stealthy...

Or its a sign that the US government have reached their peak.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Or it's designed that way for specific reasons that we don't know and they won't say.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Working on a concept of a 6th and 7 gen is not the same as building one. As Z said. A 6th generation is not even defined yet.

A Russian concept of a 6 and 7 gen might not even be inline With what the US have in mind for their 6 or 7th gen..
And by the way, who sets the standard of these Things? The US??

The US sets the satandard for what they want to build. But that defines nothing. You dont need a raptor to beat a raptor. The Russians know that.

I would say the standard is set at the highest level of technology. Otherwise you could have "7th gen" with the same capabilities as 4th gen. In the future another country may be the standard setter, I find it unlikely it will be Russia in the very near future. I am willing to be surprised.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who has little, OK no knowledge, of aviation definitions...fifth gen, sixth gen, whatever gen.

If the current hot rods of the skies are emphasizing stealth, etc... Would not the next be defined as capabilities that enable extra-atmospheric manuvering within the hypersonic realms of performance?

Be gentle, it's well after 4 AM, and it's been a long day...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The current school of thought is that 6th generation will emphasize all aspect stealth, improved sensors over even what we're seeing now, advanced skins and materials, netcentric warfare capabilities among others.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
They may be working on a sixth generation, but building it will be a major challenge. That's where they fall apart.

And this is why the Chinese, not the Russians, are going for the win.

Their design skills plus espionage skills are plenty good now, and they can make things non-drunk.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So the aliens finally made contact with Russia then? About time they got some help from the friendly spacemen.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: spy66

Or it's designed that way for specific reasons that we don't know and they won't say.

Physics, I guess.

The Dragon and Orion crew capsules look like Apollo command module.

ww4.hdnux.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

And the Starliner aka CST-100 from Boeing.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

It's more effective against certain bands that the B-2 isn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought Russia had more PAK-FA prototypes and whatnot.

They only have four prototypes and two testbeds (flying?). Three more are supposed to be delivered soon, but not in a while. That's a very low number for the big leap the 5INO is supposed to be doing.

thediplomat.com...

(ignore the 6th gen crap. geez, Russia, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself).

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

It is ironic that they announced work on their 7th gen platform, when they can barely get their 5th gen working and funded. Definitely a face palm moment.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

They must have classes for outlandish embellishment somewhere. The Russians were in the front row with N. Korea, Iran and China.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join