It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, Russia! You so silly! Russians claim to be working on 6th and *7th* gen fighters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have to shake my head. At a time when the 6th gen is just starting to be defined and the US is outlined *probable* but not *definite* characteristics, the Russians have come out and said they are not only working on a 6th gen fighter, but also a 7th generation fighter.

Both the head of the Russian Aerospace forces and the deputy PM have said this. I cannot help but roll my eyes and I am not sure I can take the Russians terrible seriously any more. At least not from the POV of aerospace. I mean, c'mon, you can't get a 5th gen done right (still using 4th+ gen avionics, your stealth sucks, etc) and now you're claiming you're working on a 6th and 7th?

I could plausibly see studies being done on a 6th gen. What does Russia need after the PAK-FA? However, their 5th gen...oy.

Get some giggles:

tass.ru...

sputniknews.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Uh oh, we better get cracking on 8th and 9th gens to stay ahead of the game.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Bwahahahahahahaha sez da triangle pilots..
Levelz 50 gen..

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Levelz 50 gen..

And those are our "old" ones......

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
At least not from the POV of aerospace. I mean, c'mon, you can't get a 5th gen done right (still using 4th+ gen avionics, your stealth sucks, etc) and now you're claiming you're working on a 6th and 7th?

I could plausibly see studies being done on a 6th gen. What does Russia need after the PAK-FA? However, their 5th gen...oy.

They have barely managed a one off 5th generation ( truthfully more like gen 4.5) technology demonstrator that any version of the growing F-35 fleet would eat for lunch BVR based on the little bit we know about its avionic capability alone.

Supermaneuverability isn't worth squat when facing aircraft using Distributed Aperture Systems guiding HOBS capable missiles.

I don't think we need to include the F-22 in the conversation.

Good post.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would assume we all are.
Is there any question of the pattern.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
I have to shake my head. At a time when the 6th gen is just starting to be defined and the US is outlined *probable* but not *definite* characteristics, the Russians have come out and said they are not only working on a 6th gen fighter, but also a 7th generation fighter.

Both the head of the Russian Aerospace forces and the deputy PM have said this. I cannot help but roll my eyes and I am not sure I can take the Russians terrible seriously any more. At least not from the POV of aerospace. I mean, c'mon, you can't get a 5th gen done right (still using 4th+ gen avionics, your stealth sucks, etc) and now you're claiming you're working on a 6th and 7th?

Get some giggles:

tass.ru...

sputniknews.com...

I don't know about Russian military but in other manufacturing and design areas it's quite common to be working two generations ahead. Car manufacturers are going to have multiple future years in the pipeline. I guarantee you Microsoft was working on the XBox One's successor before the XBox One was even released.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

This is the type of thread where there is no room for facts. It's more like a "virtual penis enlargement pill"-thread for boys who always get a boner when they see or hear the US saving the world (once more) in a crappy Hollywood movie - and assume their propaganda is more real than their Russian counter part.

Also do not try to remind them of how Russia has actually succeeded flawlessly during most of their latest military operations whereas US, NATO and other European countries have been wasting billions and thousands of lives just to barely keep their ground. Actually, most of the time they haven't even kept their ground but given up against "the terrorists" and just concentrated on the MSM propaganda, to make it look like they're doing fine.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PilgriMage

Um. I think you have me rather confused with someone else.

I'm VERY frequently calling others out on the America uber alles.

However, in this case, Russia is going into needless and stupid boasting. It makes them look bad twice over if you have followed what their accomplishments are in the last 20 years in aerospace: lots and lots and LOTS of talk and very little real 'do.'

I would not call the Donbass War a raging success. Quite the contrary, actually. And Syria remains to be seen. Crimea, I'll give you though.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
We all know who will build the first Gazillionth Generation Fighter...it's gonna be Yuge! It's gonna be amazing, it really is. And frankly, it loves me.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
More like a "Oh Crap" moment on the release of the LRSB/B21 rendering..Whips and extra Vodka rations to the designer who catches up

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Maybe they're taking a page out of North Korea's Kim Jong-un play book? Exaggerate and make things up when you feel inadequate to compete with U.S. military technology.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Screw it.
edit on 3/3/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Screw it.

What was that about? Seems we all missed out on something...

I know everyone is saying Russia (I want to call them the Soviets, can I still call them the Soviets?) can't even get a 5th gen right blah blah blah but possibly that has no bearing on their claim. Maybe whatever they're working on is something new that we haven't cooked up yet so stealth & the traditional generation progression we have in mind doesn't factor in on their 6th & 7th gen claim.

They have good scientists over there & their sledge hammer approach to engineering has served them well over the years. America's love affair with our 'superior' technology just might get us into trouble one of these days, let's not lose sight of that.

Or maybe they're just making noise.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomTwo

Russian engineers are excellent, but no one can even agree what defines a sixth generation aircraft yet so it's pretty hard to be working two generations ahead when you can't even define one ahead.

They may be working on a sixth generation, but building it will be a major challenge. That's where they fall apart.
edit on 3/3/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I could of swore we were working on platform 9 and 3/4.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Think i found a picture of one of there new 7 generation concept designs.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Think i found a picture of one of there new 7 generation concept designs.

somewhere in russia a group of engineers are showing off their latest proposal:

" comrade supreme minister, we have finally developed aircraft to compete against famous American triangle TR-3b"

shows picture from your post.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Make Air Combat Great Again?

[dodges rotten vegetables]
edit on 3-3-2016 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

And it's color changing to boot.

wow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join