It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Landscaper Encounters 8-Feet-Tall ‘Gorilla’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
One more thing. The more I think about just the sounds.

Bears tend to move quietly. Personally, I've had bears pass right next to me while I was inside a backpacking tent, no sound. I've been in a tent trailer, where a bear was only a couple feet from my head; it had gotten into the food box inside the pickup when the camper shell had accidentally been left open at night. What woke me up was the sound of munching (my favorite boxed snack!); at first I was hoping it was a deer but knew it was too loud a munching. Some family members woke up one morning not to the sound of bears but to the sound of fellow campers talking softly right outside about the family of bears they were enjoying that had climbed up the tree right next to their camper.

When reports of campers in tents or around a campfire at night show up, what is reported often is the sound (and sometimes feeling on the ground) of a heavy bipedal walking. I have heard bears crash through bushes, but not the sound of a heavy bipedal walk. My husband has been around bears in the wild, and he likes to think of bears being like big dogs. It makes some sense and fun comparisons. But neither bears nor dogs have a heavy bipedal walking sound.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
this sounds like a really awful dream

<< 1  2   >>

join