It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty up, services diminished in Chicago's black neighborhoods - study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A recent study is showing something about the City of Chicago.

Looks like poverty is up and general services are down.

Shootings are common practically every day, and the public school system is a disaster.

With all the political and social programs, you would think Chicago would have been a leader in solving these problems?

I wonder what **really** drives political/social programs?

Poverty up, services diminished in Chicago's black neighborhoods - study

Predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Chicago have seen poverty rise and services diminish even as the nation's third largest city has become less racially segregated, according to a study released on Wednesday.

While Chicago has become more racially balanced over the decades with more neighborhoods showing no majority populations, black areas are seeing economic stagnation or decline, according to the study by the Chicago Urban League, which promotes progress for blacks.

"This is not a situation that's getting better. This is a situation that's getting worse," said Stephanie Bechteler, director of research and evaluation for the Chicago Urban League. "We must put forth time and effort to make a change."

?What's Going on Anyway?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gotta keep the black man down.

Most people don't realize that the lack of jobs, education, social programs, the rampant gangs, drugs and alcoholism, missing parents, violence, cops brutality, are hard to overcome.

We expect people to rise above all that, maybe they aren't that strong. Are you?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I guess it wasn't the 'hope and change' they expected.

But I am sure THIS election the candidates will do what they promise.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I thought Chicago was a gun free liberal utopia!?

These numbers simply can't be correct!

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Is it really hard to figure out what has happened there? The unrest and what caused it. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is the same true for other poor minorities?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well I guess we know where the next riot will be.... Can you blame them?
edit on 2-3-2016 by SharonGlass because: snip

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It is not about race, it is about being on their team and selling your soul....

or resisting. The latter brings a systematic destruction of you and your "uncontrollable DNA" if you dare to stand up to the state.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Gotta keep the black man down.

Most people don't realize that the lack of jobs, education, social programs, the rampant gangs, drugs and alcoholism, missing parents, violence, cops brutality, are hard to overcome.

We expect people to rise above all that, maybe they aren't that strong. Are you?

Maybe.

But if the community can adjust itself, and take care of the missing parents, drugs and alcoholism, many of the issues with violence, gangs, and cops take care of themselves. Then you have a predominately stable community where focus can be better turned to education and jobs and thus reduce the need for many social programs.

edit on 2-3-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just wait until those special snow flakes who are graduating from college with a degree in "Social Justice" realize those here "illegally under pardon" *wink* get preference in getting an $8.00 an hour job without having a debt of 100k due for their worthless education!

I said all along that opening the borders and ignoring our laws would soon turn our so called minorities against their pandering politicians? Let's hope they are smart enough to see it!

Thanks Obama?

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I snorted a little.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Is the same true for other poor minorities?

Is that a rhetorical question? The Asians will work three jobs a day, run a family business all to save up enough money to send their children to private school and university. Indians will do the same. Then when their children are university graduates, they take care of their parents. Same with whites. Blacks who get government jobs will do the same. But those that get involved with gangs, just perpetuate poverty.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It sounds like they need a community organizer up there.
I know one that should have more free time in another 10 or 11 months.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Nope.

In a gun free liberal utopia, everyone is poor.... not just the minorities.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

But, but, but, dontchaknow, guns are being brought into ChiTown by neighboring states with non "common sense" gun control; and, and, those that use firearms to commit crimes aren't to blame, due to lack of opportunities and racial victimization, etc., etc. Hang on while I find more excuses in the comments section of HuffPo.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Really people, its pretty simple, everywhere around the world poor people have a hard time to get out of poverty, im not suprised to see the same poster repeating fox news garbage lol.

And you guys are asking for more excuses, some of you did a good job there.
edit on 2-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You sleep in the bed you make. Who do you blame? The people for their actions? The politicians for blind allegiance to a clearly failed ideology?
edit on 2-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yeah, because only a true criminal 'mastermind' could ever contemplate the pure genius technique of driving outside of Chicago to purchase a gun... right?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nobody builds businesses in black communities any more. Even blacks are afraid to invest in their own neighborhoods. It's a sad statement but even the grocery stores get run out by pilferage and having to hire permanent security. I saw it happen in Richmond by a guy who wanted to change his neighborhood. It beat him down.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

?What's Going on Anyway?

I wonder if political correctness has anything todo with the decline?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join