It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Approves Toughest Sanctions on North Korea in 20 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There are Sanctions in place on many countries that violate human rights, not just North Korea. Are you saying we should just impose the strictest of sanctions on every country we don't morally align with?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

There are Sanctions in place on many countries that violate human rights, not just North Korea. Are you saying we should just impose the strictest of sanctions on every country we don't morally align with?

I think we should be equal and consistant in our disgust and not be arbitrary based on political expedience.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I understand that, but as someone with a proverbial dog in this fight thanks to my residence, I think the sanctions are the least of what we should be doing.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But other countries treat women like cattle and find it acceptable to rape young boys. I just wish we'd apply the same moral standard.

As ugly as it sounds a lot of that is "Culture" in those countries vs Developing nukes and missile delivery systems while at the same time releasing threats to obliterate their neighbors and their allies etc.

It's an ugly sad world sometimes isn't it

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I understand that, but as someone with a proverbial dog in this fight thanks to my residence, I think the sanctions are the least of what we should be doing.

I completely understand.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

With "culture" like that, I can say that I'm ashamed to part of the same species.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You"re a specieist :p

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
April 30, 2017

I read today that President Trump wants to impose sanctions on North Korea. But according to this thread, sanctions were imposed earlier in 2016.

What additional sanctions could the USA impose on North Korea? They don't import many items from us, do they? Also, don't sanctions hurt the population far more than they hurt the leadership of a country?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join