It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-year-old daughter wakes up EVERY NIGHT...anyone tried this product?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
2years old and already caged. She's going to have issues behind that when she gets older.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're kidding right?
Surely you don't advocate giving a two year old free reign? Leave the gate wide open and let her wander if she wants? Those cars won't kill her if her desires happen to be across a four lane street.
Boundaries are good things and children especially very young children need structure and guidelines. That's mine and snatching doesn't work when you get older.
In our house we called it love when we guided and protected our little ones. I doubt they hold the playpen or crib against us now.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

In our house we called it love when we guided and protected our little ones. I doubt they hold the playpen or crib against us now.

Cribs and playpens are different. Isolating a 2 year old from the family during spooky scary nighttime is almost as scary as the parents that do such things.

Only in western 'civilized' lands do we consider it 'safe' to put them on lockdown for no reason every night. In other countries they have kids with them all day, carried in a papoose, all sleeping the same room. Get over yourselves, care for the kids instead of locking them away for the night.

Noe tell me to go to my room…

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, we tried turning off the night light last night to see if a darker room worked, and we still had an iffy night, and I ended up on the couch again while she slept in the bed with my wife.

That was at 4am, and between 4 and 7, my damn cat woke me up about 12 times. Stupid cat.

We'll keep trying and see, but she didn't seem to have an adverse reaction to no night light, so we'll probably keep that up regardless.

My wife stays at home and handles the naps and stuff during the day, and she is pretty convinced that our daughter has an even harder time falling asleep and staying asleep if she misses her nap during the day. Maybe I can coax her into skipping the nap for a few days in a row and see how it goes. Can't be much worse than what we're going through right now, but then again, I'm not the one at home all day with a child who would be cranky.

But, I could see how that might be a decent idea--our son quit taking naps when he was one year old, and he always slept through the night without much fight. I don't see this idea as an easy sell, though.

Anyhoo, I'd like to thank the majority of you for your comments and thoughts. It has re-motivated me to try and take control of the situation again, so we'll see how it goes.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
Best of luck to you...*you have mail

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join