It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you pay to have an honest discussion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

People do seem a bit backed up over what, to me, is a non-issue.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No doubt.
And I say this as a very broke person. It is not about the few dollars they spend to see the site without ads, it's about the fact that everyone wants everything for free.

I barely get by, but if a few dollars a month would help keep my favorite site around, I'd gladly do it. Guess I should have been donating all this time. Didn't realize how bad it has actually gotten, which is now much more apparent.

.....I guess some of us just value this site more than others.
Of course, I don't see all the ads these people are saying are so horrible...so.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Honestly, I think it's people who can't be bothered to log in. It definitely is much different ad wise if you aren't logged in.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

...it's about the fact that everyone wants everything for free.

I guess that may be true for some people. However, I suspect for many others it's not about being cheapskate but more about not totally throwing money away for something with little or no value to them. I would fall into this category. Although ATS is part of my interwebz routine, I can't say it really does anything for me. Before logging on, after reading the news in the morning I already predict with great accuracy what topics I'll find on this site. There isn't much new here, if anything at all.

if a few dollars a month would help keep my favorite site around, I'd gladly do it

I absolutely respect that. There are a handful of sites that I frequent that, if they initiated a reasonable fee, I would pay in a heartbeat. For me, ATS just isn't one of those sites.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Then it's assumed that you are okay with seeing the ads, and that you have no ad-blocker enabled. That's cool, and management has no intention of changing your situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That fact that I'm here, writing this post indicates that I'm fine with things as they are now.

Personally, unless I have some blockers up that I am unaware of, I haven't found the ads to be much of a problem at all. Over the years I have stopped visiting certain sites because the ads basically made the site unusable. ATS isn't in that category (yet).

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
An annual subscription would be ok by me.

Also, on several other sites where I'm a member, we have a "sponsor" forum where we can go and click on one of the sponsor links and get discounts, specials, extra links, etc. I assume it works for the sponsors because they have continued to support us for a very long time. No ads on these sites other than those links in the sponsor forum.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Any mod that wants to delete this should really check themselves. I used to love the staff here, but it seems like we can't be critical anymore.

You sweet talker

Thread closed.

Original thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join