It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets find out more about browsers and ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Ok to start with I use Opera as my browser and login when I am here.

I get no adverts.

I just wonder how browser dependant it all is?

How about commenting on your browser and assuming you login, whether you get any ads?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a demograph survey nice

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

I'm almost always on chrome. I see no ads on new, recent, forums, or my ATS tabs.
I get a little box at the top on the "top" tab.
I get one on the top and side on "live".
I read some of the complaints, from other members, about them and I really don't see them (ads) and/or if I do they don't bother me...

edit on 2-3-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Using chrome I get ads on the home page (of course), top tab and live tab. Ads are a bar at the top and 3 small square boxes right hand side, split by areas of site text.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
lol I just went for a look at the home page - and yes i do have the embedded ads there too.

Chrome - ads - 0
no ads - 2

Opera- ads - 0
no ads - 1

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I use firefox here on the laptop and have adds as a banner and sometimes on the rightside, I clear my cache after every browsing session and use Linux as my operating system..

Using Safari on the iphone the site is unusable as very time I click on a thread it diverts me away to the app store, I will add that my iphone is third party app free..

Regards

RA

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think the reason you have few to little adds may be due to your post history being sufficient to the point where you're not being presented with them.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I use Chrome, but I also use Disconnect, which blocks the trackers and keep Ad Block Plus turned on, everywhere but A.T.S.
They have no idea what ads to show me.

ETA - Meant to mention that I see no ads at all.
edit on 2-3-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You know what i think this is going to turn out to be a phone thing in the main - i don't use a smart phone so it never occurs to me that others use them all the time.

Chrome - ads - 0
no ads - 3

Opera- ads - 0
no ads - 1

Firefox - do you mean just on homepage?

Safari (from phone) - ads 1

and caterpillage you have posted more than me and I HOPE that advertisers don't interrogate the database here for such details or that this info would be sold to them.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It is what caterpillage, it is not about post count but flag count.

The list should be made by noobs and not logged in users.. Then you could see a difference between browsers. I've got no need to tell what browser I use because none of them will show ads

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

chrome - i get adds on certain pages only

add free = my ATS , search , U2U panel , recent , archive , video [ redirects to a new tab - but add free ] , forums , profile , ATS INFO .

with adds = ATS.COM logo , top , live ,

all open threads are also add free

ALL NAMES USED ABOVE ARE ASS THEY APPEAR ON THE ATS TOP TOOLBAR

appologies if thats a bit complicated - but the adds are not ubiquitous

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb Using Firefox with bluhell firewall it works on mobile, UCWeb browsers are good if you want fast browser alternate choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Chrome without adblock, bloody hell, animated advert bonanza. Two animated adverts, bright and jaggy. One that is trying to play audio at me. Two more static adverts.

Loading a page of a topic.

And the ENTIRE PAGE on my monitor is covered in adverts.

Including one for downloading Malware. Bravo ATS, that took me all of 5 minutes use without adblock to be presented with an advert trying to convince me to download 'free updated drivers.'

There are fourteen adverts on this one page.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

humm - thats fooking wierd - how come "Painterz" sees all these adds - and i dont ???????????????????

i see SOME on CERTAIN pages as reported 3 replies up

one add is just taking the piss [ic - telling me how i can buy an item that is " en route " via the unique logistical hell that is " hermes " for 2.08 less than i paid for it [ a > 100 quid treat to my self ]

but i digress

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Painterz

humm - thats fooking wierd - how come "Painterz" sees all these adds - and i dont ???????????????????

i see SOME on CERTAIN pages as reported 3 replies up

one add is just taking the piss [ic - telling me how i can buy an item that is " en route " via the unique logistical hell that is " hermes " for 2.08 less than i paid for it [ a > 100 quid treat to my self ]

but i digress

It seems to be set up that your stats affect ads. I see very few only on the homepage but Mrsnonspecific with fewer stars and flags has more.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Using UC browser on my phone right now. There are zero ads.

On my laptop I use firefox and linux. I can't remember if I see ads or not on the computer. Although, I've learned to completely ignore ads on most sites. I think I should be getting ads though my WATS score is still 0
edit on 2/3/2016 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join