It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people get drawn into alternative medicines?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
I'm so sorry about your family. Its heartbreaking.

For me, its all about taking steps for prevention.

I know that if I consume the right things, then I can stay healthy. No, I believe that to be true.

Walnuts have medicinal effects. So does green tea and chaga tea and reishi tea. And I use cold pressed, unrefined coconut oil pulling in part to keep my mouth clean and healthy. At my supermarket I can buy turmeric in whole rhizome form, and I chop it up and cook it in the saute pan with butter and lots of black pepper to reap its benefits.
I rinse my hair with raw, unrefined Apple Cider Vinegar and once the terrible smell wears off, im left with perfectly lustrous, silky soft hair and the vinegar has many natural benefits for hair and scalp.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Anybody can get cancer, its caused by a cell replicating an unhealthy mutant cell and the body's immune system not recognising it and killing it. How many people produce these cells yet the body destroys them before they can become a problem. It is a fact that just as you can live a life and eat a diet that can increase your susceptibility of getting cancer you can do the reverse also, that is through diet you can create a condition in your body which is hostile to cancer growth.

Chemo drugs are very cheap to manufacture yet big pharma charge massively inflated prices even though these company's probably got much of the money needed to develop the drug from cancer charity and government funding...so yes it is all about money. My aunt was on a drug that was costing 700 pounds for a small glass vial.

The paper I posted was actually about nano Iron particles injected into the patient which were attached to a protein that bound the iron onto the cancer cell. These cancer cells are then destroyed by a magnetic field since they contain nano iron.

edit on 29-5-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Hope.

Hope in the face of death.

Plus people online insisting they work to make a $$$$$.

This right here

(assuming I am reading your post properly)

I hear about this Big Pharma/money stuff nonstop

Is anyone paying attention to how much money homeopathy and naturopathy are making? Let's think about this...a multi-billion dollar industry fueled by pills and tinctures that in many cases have been shown to have barely any ppm of the actual product...and Big Pharma is the only profit-driven industry?

How often do we hear about how "I have the cure for cancer! It will set you straight AND allow you stick it to big pharma...all for the low price of 24.99 per book and hundreds for the products."

I do believe in most of it short of fish oil and a few other things...if others do that's fine as long as the only harm themselves.

But please people...get off your BS wagon and stop pretending homeopathy isn't just as guilty of what you claim big pharma is regarding profit. If these snake-oil salesmen were truly what they claimed then why not pull a Salk and give it away?

As far as the testimonies go...I will come straight out and say I think that a few of them are straight lies and several of the rest are legitimate to the point that they truly believe that their baking soda cured them. They don't care, nor want to ask about the hundred other factors.

It always comes back to that whole analogy...

For example...I am sitting at my desk. I have a Rubik's Cube at my desk. I have not been attacked by bear since I bought my Rubik's Cube. Rubik's Cubes defend against bear attacks

Prove me wrong

Yes I am aware that this is silly but not much worse than homeopathy gets.

www.smithsonianmag.com... o-ist

one third of the treatments are tested. But people pay billions per year. But no, it's only Big Pharma that is out to get us

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Thanks for the informative reply.

I quite agree. Yes, "big pharma" makes money, but so does the alternate medicine side. Just look at the likes of dr Sircus and all the others pushing their books and lectures etc. And they too charge for them.
edit on 262016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join