It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people get drawn into alternative medicines?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: elementalgrove

Has there been any studies done? You know, with percent rates and dosages etc?

For cannabis I will reference you to this thread.

List of all medical studies proving cannabis cures cancer

Well the first 4 I checked out were all lab studies. They also said the results showed that the tumors growth was inhibited. That doesn't mean cured.

Also, why do I have to do the research to answer a question I have to you?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The question you asked me was have there been studies done.

I linked you to the some of the studies.

Here are some links I added to my previous post that you may have missed, it goes into the reasoning as to why studies were not done for Rife and Gerson's therapies.

Also a good reason for why cannabis research has taken so long to finally begin looking at this amazing plant for its medicinal qualities. You know science.

Murder by injection is a good one.

the medical mafia another good one.

A world without cancer is another worth your time.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amWednesday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have followed the strict medical route in my case and am happy with the results considering I was given a 3 to 5 year prognosis when I was first diagnosed in 2002. I'll admit the treatments and surgeries aren't fun, but they have been successful for me 13 years on. I still use some alternatives, more as complimentary and they give you a sense you are still doing your bit to fight the cancer, when the traditional treatments are finished. Which can be a daunting time. So to have some sense of control is a good thing, but I see them more as complimentary therapy not alternative. I trust my oncologists and neuro surgeons, who have shown over the years they have concern for my welfare. I'm not skeptical of their treatment as its kept me alive for so long. Why would I risk giving it up to try unproven alternatives

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think it's mainly because cancer treatments are so wildly ineffective in most cases by the time diagnoses are made. People know, in many cases, that there isn't much hope in conventional medicine, so they look for hope elsewhere. If chemo and radiation provide a 10% chance of survival in a given case, it isn't hard to believe there's something else better out there.

I don't believe there is truly a conspiracy against cures in the conventional medicine world. Cancer is really difficult to cure/treat. It "IS" part of you. Co-opts your cells/DNA. They're making great strides in identifying genes which make individuals more susceptible. They're finding more about triggers which create environments conducive to certain cancers. We have such a long way to go in understanding the many, many different cancers and their myriad risk factors and causes.

We would do better to consider "alternative" health choices to bring about greater prevention of cancers like not smoking, steering clear of pesticides, synthetic food additives, carcinogenic surroundings (flooring that gasses off formaldehyde, etc.) By the time cancer has taken root, alternatives are often focused on things we should have been doing all along (healthy diets, etc) but also oftentimes on impossible, illogical nonsense which probably does more harm than good.

Cancer is scary, decimating and often deadly, and people don't have much of an understanding of what it's doing, even with the best efforts of doctors to explain. Great advancements have been made in recent years, but the knowledge deficit is so great that it leaves a void to be filled by all kinds of alternatives which *might* work, or at least might help.

A close friend of mine was diagnosed with GiST 2+ years ago. Just over a decade ago, someone with her diagnosis would have had 6-12 months to live. The very few who lived beyond 12 months were considered absolute miracles. Her prognosis is good and improving. They're finally understanding this one virtually untreatable cancer. There's a long way to go, and cancer isn't over disease, it's hundreds, if not thousands, each with their own set of causative factors.

Best wishes for your daughter and all of your loved ones.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

You honestly believe that the cancer industry is completely benevolent. You wish to launch into a tirade against me and all of the liars on the internet. Where did I ever say that cancer was not a mutation of cells and can be regulated by magic? When did I ever state that there is a magic cure for cancer?

Do I think that a trillion dollar a year industry has a reason to make sure they keep making their billions? Absolutely, I actually think it is painfully obvious!

I have lost people in my family to cancer and I imagine you have as well. What I find ironic is that when our family has been around oncologists we are the ones coming up with methods to get them nutrition.

You honestly believe the best treatment for cancer is one derived from mustard gas? As opposed to using the bodies innate healing ability to do so!? Well science be praised!

There have been many alternative treatments to the conventional that have been shut down over the years. Here is a couple of pioneering doctors that were disregarded.

Royal Rife did it with frequency.

Max Gerson did it with nutrition and coffee enemas

Your smug and arrogant opinion is a slap in the face of the many people who have cured their disease with holistic methods, people like one of our own here at ATS... and imagine that he links to other testimonials!

He has authored a couple threads detailing his families victory using the miracle of the body!

That is not even getting started on Cannabis and how well the medical scientific industry has ignored this amazingly therapeutic plant.

How exactly are completely non-medical means 'shut down' unless they are making claims they cannot back up? Gershon. Is well known enough that they could easily set up some resorts advertising juice vacations, without any medical claims, and they would not run afoul of the law.

I don't claim that no alternative therapy can have positive effects, you on the other hand claim that the medical industry is a big scam. How many people, with a cancer known to have a low survival rate, has each method helped?

Shut down? No. Studies that are done within the appropriate parameters are not shut down. You can get as many terminal patients as you want who choose not to undergo conventional treatment. What gets shut down are frauds who claim to have a cure.

The world is too small to hide a completely simple cure to cancer. After you get a normally fatal cancer and cure it with apple cider vinegar and organic food feel free to participate in a study. Until then stop spreading pseudoscience nonsense.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1i do not think that the ptb eat much differently to the rest of us, however some of them would use technologies such as good water and air filters and they can afford to take good vitaman suppliments etc. They also have access to good information about which alternative theorapies work and which ones dont as a lot of alternative theorapies dont work or only work sometimes or only work if certain strict protocals are followed. certain cancer diets are a good example of this as most people can not live like a zen monk for the rest of thier lives ( strict diets, no electrical or mobile phone or other damaging energy fields, away from societies pollutions etc) for these to really work. There are a some minerals such as silium, vitamin b17(latril) and cesium that kill cancer but in the quantities needed to get rid of cancer completely would poisoin you to death. large doses of vitamin C and hemp is suppose to kill at least some of the cancers.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Rife got shut down by the AMA and their powerful connections.

Rife Machine

While Rife and his associates were creating a science of the future, they were living in a scientific world of the past-vastly different from the one in which the medical research goliaths were taking shape and which would dominate post-war society. These were vast enterprises linked to powerful financial interests. A breakthrough of the kind Rife was engineering would threaten not only massive investments but even the political empires behind them. Thus, it was not only the doctors but leading scientific authorities of the "monomorphism church" who were ready to oppose Rife and those whose research supported his discoveries. Two examples provide a valuable historic picture of the difference between Rife''s smaller world and that which he unknowingly was challenging- a world linking the doctor''s union, the health megacities, and the huge financial investments behind them-as well as the government''s politicized involvement in medical research.

"Dr Royal Rife''s investigated the cause of many diseases including cancer. Dr Rife used the most advanced microscope in the world to identify the existence of a Virus that he believed was the sole contributor to all cancers. This microscope was the most powerful of its time, and was invented and constructed by Dr Rife himself; for the sole purpose of locating the Virus that contributed to Cancer.. The birth of the Rife Machine was to be the solution to elimination of this Virus, and Rife performed successful Rife Machine treatments with many patients over the years. This was verified by the U.S.C. Medical School Special Medical Research Committee." † USC-0292E41-Page1203(b)

Gerson experienced the same kind of suppression from the AMA and the ACS. I believe that your call for studies is not as simple as you make it sound by keeping it within the parameters.

The "medical scientific" community has been owned since the flexnor report, funded by the ever benevolent Rockefeller family. Insurance companies only paying for pills and surgeries is no surprise, nor is the fact that this is all our doctors learn about for their practice. I mean it is not as if big pharma would fund research and possibly corrupt governmental organizations that should be protecting the people. Obviously the research is solid!

I shall once again link you to this very informative thread where one of our fellow ATS's is sharing a personal story of success using something close to your call of apple cider vinegar and organic food.

ph kills cancer and an update

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amWednesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I'm not going to argue ad nauseam. If you want to believe that baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and organic vegetables, will cure cancer that's fine. I made my point so that people who were suffering had another view.

Keep going with whatever it is you believe. If nothing else I believe in people making their own decisions about their medical treatment.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

There's so many different alternate medicines out there for cancer alone. Yet there's no evidence that any of them work.

there is lots of evidence even on this site, i see so many threads saying they used cannabis oil and other means to treat cancer. Maybe works for different types of cancer.

If they really are a cancer cure then why aren't there studies done? Why don't the writers of the books spend some of the money conducting the studies to back up their claims?
If they had a cure for cancer they could make millions. Nobel prize for instance was an instant $1.4million (in 2009).

1.4million pound is nothing compared to the amount of money the World Health Organisation makes by making you spend money for repeat prescriptions and Kemo therapy etc. millions is nothing to a multi-billion dollar industry.

besides most natural products are used as alternative medicines. Your cant patent natural products they have to be manufactured to a certain extent. So if cannabis oil which is natural source can cure it they cant patent it.

as harsh as your story is, the WHO do not care about the peoples health, depopulation is always a good thing in their view. they just care how much money they can squeeze out of you. If i ever had cancer i would not take any mainstream products and go straight for alternate medicines.

there has also been a women in India that can cure terminally ill cancer patients, She got told to shut her operation down. She was using natural products as well. Plus a guy in Russia cured 10 terminally ill cancer patients. He got told to stop and burnt down his building to destroy his work.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

For starters you're quoting from a very biased site.

Next, the baking soda thing? Yeah, that doesn't work. There's not a shred of evidence that it does.

And the post you linked to? In one of the other threads the OP has they say salt is the cause of cancer. They then promote salt as the cure.

They also say that high PH kills cancer. The amount of bicarbonate soda to increase BLOOD PH to a level that it would kill cancer would actually start to kill you long before it started to kill cancer.

This is what I am on about. Alternate medicines that obviously don't work. Then when the errors are pointed out (as has been done in that thread numerous times) you get called a troll, a shill and all sorts.
edit on 024302/3/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Mainstream drugs/treatments all stem from natural resources somewhere.

This whole "can't make any money from cannabis" is crap too. America has shops selling it with a prescription. If you google CBD oil you'll see companies are trying to synthesise it so they can sell it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Pot oil is something that you can take with conventional. Baking Soda/Molasses is something you take in the month prior to the surgery and chemo.

Pot oil has had many studies done.

www.collective-evolution.com...
Molecular Biologist Explains How THC Completely Kills Cancer Cells

And taking the rice sized glob daily just relaxes you, it doesnt make you feel drugged. So if you have a cancer, that they have surgery scheduled for in 2 months, do something in the meantime. Maybe you'll avoid surgery.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Pot oil is something that you can take with conventional. Baking Soda/Molasses is something you take in the month prior to the surgery and chemo.

Pot oil has had many studies done.

www.collective-evolution.com...
Molecular Biologist Explains How THC Completely Kills Cancer Cells

And taking the rice sized glob daily just relaxes you, it doesnt make you feel drugged. So if you have a cancer, that they have surgery scheduled for in 2 months, do something in the meantime. Maybe you'll avoid surgery.

I have yet to see any conclusive tests to prove the molasses/baking soda combo is effective at anything.

I do however find some very interesting things showing how it physically can't work.

Hemp/cannabis oil I'm not sure on though as there has been some tests done, but results vary.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That is something that has testimony. For example on this forum, people have shared relatives in end stage cancer, and this has saved their father or relative.

Oxygenated liquids, alkaline medium, cutting out sugar, and trying things is intelligent. If you can offset surgery and being radiated, do it!

My friend had the most aggressive form of skin cancer and was scheduled for surgery the day before her birthday last year. I told her to check out a Rick Simpson video, this one was using a bandaid and applying oil to the cancer. She did that and it was gone before the surgery. The doctor told her to cancel surgery.

But after several months of the oil, I'd be trying the molasses baking soda.

And also the dandelion root extract/tea's. In large amounts. Canadian research found it was effective at killing cancer too. And the woman scientist emphasized just a crude extraction worked, in other words, they didn't have to doctor the dandelion root up, you can just harvest any chemical free, non pesticide specimens you have around your house or buy some organic in the store.

The only sane response to cancer is to research and try whatever you feel drawn to, and hopefully the more invasive surgery/chemo and radiation can be avoided or mitigated.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Also my great aunt has lived a year longer than she was given, with late stage lung cancer that has spread to the bones. And her daughter told me it was only due to the alternative treatments that she was able to get that extra time.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Also my great aunt has lived a year longer than she was given, with late stage lung cancer that has spread to the bones. And her daughter told me it was only due to the alternative treatments that she was able to get that extra time.

But my first stepdad had leukaemia. When he got diagnosed he got given 6 months. He lasted 10 years with no alternative medicine.

Testimony is all well and good, but when there's evidence things don't do anything (like the baking soda thing as pointed out in Natural news) people still peddle it like it works.
edit on 023502/3/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Sadly our medical industry has been built up on a very simple premise, keep people "healthy" enough to take medication into their graves.

Sheesh...isn't that the sad truth...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Sadly our medical industry has been built up on a very simple premise, keep people "healthy" enough to take medication into their graves.

Sheesh...isn't that the sad truth...

Yet places like the UK (where I am) has free healthcare so if a cancer cure was found there would be less spending from the government and more money for your elites.

See the logical flaw?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

But if it's all about the money, where are there breakthroughs with treatment?

Within the past 6 years one of the top Universities in Canada has cured all forms of cancer, twice. The information was publicly released in the news both times, and the second time they actively mentioned to have people spread the information so that it wouldn't be 'covered up' (their own words).

Over the past 8 years I've been on ATS there have been (if I recall) at least 8 prestigious universities and medical agencies that have all claimed to have conclusively proven a cure of either the most common cancers, or for every single form. None of which gain any momentum after the initial release of their findings.

None of which are 'alternative methods' but scientifically proven, lab tested results.

Big Pharma is a massive industry, and even though they released 'breakthroughs' every now and then, it's bad for business to release a end-all cure when a single patient could be making them 10's of thousands of dollars.

Surely if it was just about cashing in on people being sick then there would be no advancements in health care?

On the contrary, if there is a conspiracy surrounding it, small releases of 'breakthroughs' would only help support that the massive donations and funding of large pharmaceutical companies and organizations are actually going to some use.

The system that is occurring in Big Pharma is just a bit too sketchy for my liking.
edit on 2/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I've not heard about those cures that got released though (don't suppose you have a link or anything?).

While I get what you're saying, I have to disagree. If there was a big conspiracy around big pharma, why, in the UK, is healthcare free? And it's not just the UK, other countries have free healthcare. Surely if it was about money then everywhere would have paid for healthcare?

That's the reason I find the "big pharma making money" argument a bit too hard to swallow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join