It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no freedom becoming a successful/famous entrepreneur anymore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Maybe my interpretation on entrepreneur is not the same as yours.
By my understanding it means YOU make the business and either sink or swim.
After Katrina I saw plenty of losers at meetings axin "what der is for the ontrinprinour".
Don't you know that entrepreneurs find their own way ?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Absolutely correct.

"...You will no matter what have to follow the laws, rules, order, and culture set forth by the mega corporations who are controlling every industry in the world."
* Yep. Can't be avoided. The machine stays well oiled.

"...Is it possible in this day and age to become a successful entrepreneur and not get involved with mega corporations?"
*Nope. Even if you go on "SHARKTANK" with those billionaire and millionaire investors...they will just toss you closer to the corporate "machine".

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Exactly...you understand what I'm talking about...You'll never get signed if you don't sound or look like such and such. You have to be what the corporations want. That is our freedom to be who we are and express our ideas and feelings as human beings not what will fit the mold that the mega corporations all over the world have created.

You can be extremely talented and be overlooked because you don't fit the vision of the mega corporations. People who think the vision of mega corporations is going to create a better civilization for mankind have already been programed and have become machines to the corporations likings.

Are we becoming more civilized? Are we becoming wiser and more peaceful? Or are we controlled? Do we live with fear and hate?

You may disagree, but what are you going to do about the situation? Do something about it? Or feel hopeless and go entertain yourself? That is what the corporations want you to do.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I rode on a 110ft yacht a few years ago. The owner of it took it out once a year.
It cost at least 1.2 mill to dock, staff, fuel, stock and clean per year. This guy started out renting used lawn chairs, saved up and started making them. He then went on to being one of the largest leather furniture mfgs in the country.

It takes smarts to be in business. You have to have a clear vision, people skills and overall balance.
Balance with accounting, marketing, R&D, networking, employees, customers, insurance, taxes and regs.
-all while remaining competitive and fresh.

If any one of those is overlooked it WILL fail.
There is a reason everyone is not in business, few can handle it.
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That is not the point of this thread...how many of you don't get the freedom part? How much freedom does he have with "how" he pursues his fortune?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
To me it seems evident why and how that happened..... it is in your own OP!

The goal of becoming "famous" and making millions.

That is the definition of "freedom" for you (and apparently most of the US).

For some it refers to having material wealth and power over others,
not personal freedom.

Power over others is responsibility over others.
The more material possessions and wealth you have, the more you are had by it- again, it brings with it more responsibility and duty.

Limiting your growth is the key to freedom. Becoming successful so that you are free from the stress of finding what you need to survive, having a local reputation of respect which allows others to trust you, allows you the freedom of making your own hours and working conditions, choosing the people you work with, creative liberty with your methods and processes.

If you get too big, suddenly you lose all that.

As long as everyone is making the mistake of thinking "bigger is always necessarily better" that is how it will be.
Giant cars, giant bodies, giant corporations.... and either carrying a huge weight, or being squashed by anothers'.
edit on 2-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

So nothing has changed since the beginning of our freedom to make millions? It's just as easy as before? During our process of making millions we have the same freedoms nowadays as in the past? We can express our selves however we want because that is our freedom and we will make millions? How much freedom of choice do you have to make millions?

Or do we have to express ourselves a certain way to make those millions? How would you describe that "way"? Doing what corporations want you to do, so they pay you and give you exposure? That doesn't seem like freedom of expression or choice. Being controlled and having freedom is not the same thing.

You don't think the mega corporations control the millionaire entrepreneurs?

So you as an entrepreneur entering the game for the first time, with a million dollar talent, you won't have to adjust to the wants and needs of the mega corporations? Or will you be able to stay your original self? The mega corporations don't buy these people or their LLC's/Mom and Pop business and turn them into what the mega corporations want in their ultimate strategy under contract?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It's just as easy as before?

Unless you count for slave labour, yes mostly. And remember that minimum wage is basically shelter and food, which slaves also need.

There's the overcrowding factor to take into account, but the system is old.

Listen to the white owl man.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Ok the same amount of "structure" corporations have today was back during slavery...I didn't know all the corporations we have today all over the world are that old...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Incorporation is old, dominion of five companies over the food, health, war & all industries is not as old, but was clearly the point of the entire process.

Overcrowding is really a bigger factor, and depletion of most classic resources.

Yet people still get by, some are super rich, and stash their cash when they could help the gardener launch his own restaurant, but then who would trim the hedge?

Don't sweat it, you'll get what you want if you want it bad enough, take your time in determining exactly what that is, then play the game better than your competitors. Money isn't happiness.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

So nothing has changed since the beginning of our freedom to make millions? It's just as easy as before? During our process of making millions we have the same freedoms nowadays as in the past? We can express our selves however we want because that is our freedom and we will make millions? How much freedom of choice do you have to make millions?

I guess you didn't at all grasp what I wrote. I'll try again.
Having millions, and being famous, takes away freedom.
If you achieve that, you will have less freedom. You will also be a limiting factor for those below you who desire to achieve that.

Power is Responsibility.
Turn that around in your mouth for a second.
Consider the implications.

Consider different types of power/responsibility
(power over self... power over others)

Consider that power/responsibility can be measured on a continuum
(it is not "have it or don't"... one can have more or less in varying amounts)

Is having responsibility over others an experience of freedom?
Ask any parent, it is pretty much the antithesis of freedom! (for both parent and child)

So why search for responsibility/power over others if you want freedom?
Why search for extreme amounts of material to be responsible for, if you want freedom?

That goal is heading the opposite direction of freedom - for you and those around you.

(hint - one can be rich, and respected in their community, without being a famous millionaire...)

So you as an entrepreneur entering the game for the first time, with a million dollar talent, you won't have to adjust to the wants and needs of the mega corporations? Or will you be able to stay your original self? The mega corporations don't buy these people or their LLC's/Mom and Pop business and turn them into what the mega corporations want in their ultimate strategy under contract?

I have been an entrepreneur myself. I had a business of my own, and I had competition in the form of huge chain grocery stores. (I had a bakery and speciality epicerie). Their prices were much lower, I could not match that.
Regardless, my shop thrived, became successful, and when I ran out of passion for the project I sold it for a good price.

I didn't desire to be a millionaire, though my american background made me feel like I should. I "should" want to create a chain from there and grow mighty. But see, I live in a different country now, which has a culture of "moderation".
A strange concept, for sure, but they believe all things are good in moderation, and everything gets destructive or bad in extreme. (either extreme, too much or too little).

That effects a lot of their behaviors, even as consumers. Those stores which are too big, with too much stuff, at too low a price are looked at with suspicion. The quality of the products as well as the ethical practices of the large corporations are put into question automatically. The fact that they cannot chat with the owner when they stop by makes them feel uneasy, as if they are being hoodwinked and treated like cattle. So small businesses have a better chance of thriving, despite the big corporations looming over them.

It is all in the morals and values of the people, and who they choose to give the power to.

You are holding high in value, right here, right now, being extremely famous and having millions (not being a moderately affluent and locally respected business owner),
so you are part of the problem too.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm really interested in what style of "freedom" you desire. Before I became a businessman I was a vagabond ski/surf/busker hippie living in my truck and travelling the country. Totally free and easy but sometimes life was hard and dangerous but it was my choice and I didn't whine about it.

What exactly do you want out of life? Believe it or not, America is still the land of opportunity for those bold and aware enough to look for the favorable circumstances that are all around us.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

"Having millions, and being famous, takes away freedom"

Congratulations! That's what I've been saying! Who is taking away your freedom? Some of you keep answering with college type answers you're really not thinking deep enough.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why is this about me? I feel like you are borderline trolling me...

Do you really not think there are musicians out there who are reminiscent of the brilliant artists from the 60's, 70's, 80's and even 90's? Or do you think the majority of musicians sing about butts, money, or mundane idiotic lyrics, with terrible music production? Who are the radio stations, tv networks, and record companies going to choose? Those who sell right? They will choose quantity over quality every time.

If you don't realize numerous artists from older generations talk about this on a daily basis then you have no idea of what is going on.

Same thing with television and movies. Same thing with advertising and social media. You and everyone arguing with me are flat out clueless.

Do you know corporations will pay you more if you're more popular on social media than talent wise in real life? Is that the future you want for your children's children?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

"Having millions, and being famous, takes away freedom"

Congratulations! That's what I've been saying! Who is taking away your freedom?

YOU ARE!

People like you, who idealize "being a famous millionaire"! Making people famous because they're millionaires.

You want freedom? Then get rid of all your money and possessions, and live on the street.
Gautama Buddha and Jesus Christ, amongst others, showed and described this.
Anyone can do this, and none of them will be an opposing or blocking force to others who wish to do the same.

You want lack of freedom? Become famous, become a millionaire. Not only will you be imprisoned in material goods and people you are responsible for, but you will help others who want to experience lack of freedom too, do so.

Your mistake here is imagining that the person who started the corporation is, in contrast to the struggling new entrepreneur, free.

You are chasing two opposing ideals- you say you want freedom, but you are trying to get to imprisonment.

Personally? I prefer something in between- some freedom, some power/responsibility, but not either in excess.
Being affluent, so that I cover my needs for survival and desire for comfort, while limiting the responsibility/power to a manageable smaller circle of self and immediate loved ones.

A friendly suggestion- if you want to combat and overcome this internal conflict, and de-block the situation, make up your mind.
Either embrace that being successful means being less free, and that is what you want,
or
freedom is what you want, and do not become an entrepreneur.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

But Trump was born a poor black child!

You're just saying these things because you're a muslim communist wtc doing mexican jew.

Look at guy from newspaper: he was born a poor black child and now he runs a successful water company.

What does that even mean? How is that considered a productive post? I am unsure I see the satire value...(I tried).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join