It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you pay per-month for an Ad-Free ATS?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
Do the site owners take a salary or expenses from ATS if not will they?

I believe they do, as they should......they accomplished something very special with ATS, depending on your point of view ,the very fact that major sponsors / ads see value in advertising on ATS shows some awareness , or at the very least an understanding of what a big percentage of people are "Conspiracy Theorists" these days. A big awakening is not a profit opportunity Corporate America wants to miss out on......." Please purchase your preferred T-shirt here, because SOMETHING matters ! "

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Im unsure how that matters?

It matters to me ... So I can make more informed choices

I have donated money to an Art community site several times in the past to support the owner of the site
The site has no ads and is run on donations only

I would like to know ... but of course it is non of my business if the Owners refuse to answer

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My thoughts since last night are that if we're going to follow SO's fee schedule there should be some perks other than no ads.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To be entirely honest if ATS went to subscription model I'd probably stop coming. This is two fold:

1. I don't get out of ATS what I once did. In terms of services, the radio show and chat were a good chunk of what I personally look back to for fond memories.

2. I've moved on. Projecting my own insecurities, evils and fears of death onto the world stage is not something that any healthy individual should do for extended periods of time. I had my issues, still do, but a lot has been worked through.

Bring back chat and reboot the radio shows and I'd pay $5 or $10/m. As is, my focus is elsewhere and aligning with bettering myself and sharpening my skill-set.
edit on 3-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I believe they do,

With respect ... believing is not knowing

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You would not be investing in the site. You would be buying a subscription to stop seeing ads and whatever other perk the site wants to give.

WTH do you think it is when you give a business money? It's a minor investment in their product. You are supporting their business in return for goods and services, in this case, ad-free content "and whatever other perk the site wants to give".

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

I believe they do,

"With respect ... believing is not knowing"

LOL....that's funny.....I really need to work on my "wishy, washy" language. I tend to want to "buffer" things....I Know the owners make money from ATS, this has been discussed in other threads..

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

LOL....that's funny.....I really need to work on my "wishy, washy" language. I tend to want to "buffer" things....I Know the owners make money from ATS, this has been discussed in other threads..

Thank you "Miss wishy washy"

Any idea of the threads title so I can read up and not bog this thread down

... A simple Yes or No will suffice ... though I do not mind an abridged or poetically rambling answer ...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Conspiratron

No it's not. No one has been banned without a fairly long and extensive discussion as long as I've been a mod.

That's not entirely true.

I can name at least one former member that was banned without violating any T&C or warning whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Pay? For you to make the big bad ads go away? Surely, you jest?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
LMAO...No...not that I could recall without looking back, and I have to go, duty calls. I will look forward to seeing the direction this thread goes when I get home. Hmmm...."Abridged or Poetic rambling Rocks!"......that would be a cool T-shirt !

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As a previous owner of a very prominent forum, I can tell you that charging for admission will be the slow death to ATS.

Been there, done that, got the scars and empty domains to prove it. Once the traffic leaves, it simply doesn't come back.

Stick with the ads, even though they are a pain, you will keep your member numbers going.
edit on 3-3-2016 by matadoor because: spelling.....

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
you know what disturbs me in this issue ?

the vagueness

we are offered serveral chouces from one dollar to 10 dollars [ USD ]

and asked which would we pay to get " add free " ATS

the problem in my mind is if $1 USD will covver the loss of add revenue

where is the suplemental $9 USD [ if the 10$ per month is accepted and paid by members ] going to go

and of course if $1 USD will not cover the loss in adds revenue - why is it even offered ?

i dont really care - i managed for over 40 years with no ATS - i am sure that i shall cope if it implodes

i allready said i wont pay - but will acept the adds [ at current level ]

but if we end up with any sort of multi tier ATS with paying glitterati having more rights / priveleges than free peons - then my banning will probally seal the matter shortly

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I recall a friend he was a bit of a Culture Vulture ...
Picturing me the idea of the heroic starving poet in their garret ... succumbing to TB and dying a miserable death in obscurity... as is the starving poets wont of old ... so the romantic myth goes ...

He my friend had a light bulb in his head moment and proclaimed ...
I am going to have a T shirt made that says "I HAVE GOT TB" ... Way cool ... I responded

Your T shirt idea is way cool too

To stay on topic ...
Some way cool ATS T shirts and merchandise are one idea to raise funds and help keep "The Wolves from the ATS door"

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thank You For Your Input

Thank you, one and all, for your input on this question.

We're going to table this discussion for now. There may be an "ATS Patron" option in the near future, allowing members to pay a monthly tab.

When, or if, that happens, it will be after we deploy some additional services that bring value to a Patron membership package. We're working on it, and will update everyone on our progress, when there's progress to discuss.

Thanks again.

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join