It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the judeo-christian "God"/father/YHWH actually is Yama, Lord of Death?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I realize now that saying "mountain worship" may cause confusion.
I'm fairly certain nobody thinks mountains created the world.

Mountains may be considered sacred because of the people/events taking place on those mountains, and not their own being. Which would make more sense, to me at least.

As for the biblical G. crashing South-East Asia and being remembered as a lord of death?
Why not? How could men know such things besides trusting the authors of the tale?
Maybe Odin/Zeus/Cthulhu are also ways to remember an encounter with the same?
If so, who recorded the most accurate account, and where does fiction start?
Is it all lies? Why would every wise man of every tribe not say "it was just a big explosion then soup turned into monkeys"?
Are the wise men only now evolved enough to give it to us straight?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

My opinion on the nature of these qualities is mostly one of avoiding crowds.

But "avoiding crowds" is not what mountains do or what their "spiritual quality" is. That is what people seek when they seek mountains. So it is not the "spiritual quality" of a mountain, but the quality a seeker seeks by living at the feet or on top of a mountain, right? (I just wanna split hairs.)

Mountains are not unmovable, or there would be no mountain. Also, no pyramids, which are small mountains clearly moved piece by piece from the site of their extraction.

Once a reasonably big mountain is a mountain, like the Everest for example, the mountain IS unmovable as a whole. (Enough hairs splitted...)
edit on 1-3-2016 by Willingly because: typoooo

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Eppur se muove

The Everest doesn't waltz around the sun then?
And the moon's mountains around you?
And when is a mountain too big to be moved piece by piece?

But "avoiding crowds" is not what mountains do or what their "spiritual quality" is. That is what people seek when they seek mountains. So it is not the "spiritual quality" of a mountain, but the quality a seeker seeks by living at the feet or on top of a mountain, right? (I just wanna split hairs.)

If such is the quality the seeker seeks, and the seeker is on a mountain, is the quality the seeker's or the mountain's? If the seeker seeks spiritual guidance, is said quality not spiritual?
I have a hard time knowing when you're serious.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willingly
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Mark 12:27 - "He is not the God the the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err." That is your answer.

Sorry, but I don't understand that. Could you please elaborate on it a little bit more? Thanks in advance.

I think it is plain enough for a caveman.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I have a hard time knowing when you're serious.

Maybe that's because I hardly am.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I think it is plain enough for a caveman.

Sooo..."caveman" like me are unworthy to be told by you what you mean when you quote the bible and are asked to further elaborate on what you mean by just posting a quote to answer my question? Don't you think that's a tiny little bit arrogant? Are you a true real christian anyway?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Your thread title suggests that God might be some Hindu god of death. I posted a Bible text that stated flatly that God is NOT a god of the dead, but a God of the living. Is that not understandable to you? Then you question whether I am a "true real" Christian? Really?? Don't you think that's just a wee bit arrogant? You are not my judge, and your thread title suggests blasphemy.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Laz, I read it and it was quite clear what you meant.

However this is one of the troll accounts. Look at the way the thread is started and how he questions and answers things either this person is the same as the others (that are now banned) or is a member of the same group that has invaded ATS in the last few months.

edit on 9-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I'm at a loss as to how people detect trolls...

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Funny you say that... Jesus did say God is the God of the living not the dead...

Paul seems to disagree with that... Considering God to be the God of the dead and the living

Hmm

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, I read that in one of Paul's epistles today. God is the God of the dead, the living, everything. I don't have a problem with Jesus or Paul, or what they say. What God is not is the God of Hell, for I find no proof of such a place as I read along the Hell Standard Text, aka, the King James Version.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yeah, I read that in one of Paul's epistles today. God is the God of the dead, the living, everything.

kinda hard to disagree with Jesus eh...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Yeah, I read that in one of Paul's epistles today. God is the God of the dead, the living, everything.

Truly...but why is my sarcasm detector beeping faintly?
edit on 11-3-2016 by Lazarus Short because: la de dah

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

no idea brother...

apparently you've come to terms with it... personally i prefer not to disagree

Im on the same page with you on the "hell" issue... Jesus talked about it a lot, but i don't believe he was talking about what Christians believe he was... or he actually didn't say it and said word was added to the texts to promote fear

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Im on the same page with you on the "hell" issue... Jesus talked about it a lot, but i don't believe he was talking about what Christians believe he was... or he actually didn't say it and said word was added to the texts to promote fear

Added to the texts - that's why I've lately taken to calling Hell an "overlay."

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm at a loss as to how people detect trolls...

Me too! So we seem to have something in common...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

We do seem to agree here...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Is it possible that the judeo-christian "God"/father/YHWH actually is Yama, Lord of Death?

True believers cannot be swayed by such offerings of mere possibility so... you won't get a yes from truly devoted Jews and/or Christians.

Beyond that? It is up to the individual... not culture, not government, not anyone but those who devote themselves to a given belief system. People who question should not expect to change a single believer's heart and mind.

It just does not happen that way.

That noted, my answer to your question is, no.

Have a nice day!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

People who question should not expect to change a single believer's heart and mind.

I don't expect that anyway. But at the same time I think it's not completely impossible. Very unlikely, yes, but not impossible. As the old saying goes: Some have seen horses vomitting.

That noted, my answer to your question is, no.

You mean Yama writes better books? I did not intend to insult Yama...mind you!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If Yama is a word for mountain that strengthens the argument of the OP as El Shaddai means God of the mountain, and the first time Ahayah Asher Ahayah reveals that name he says he revealed his name t Abraham as El Shaddai. Often Shaddai was thought to mean almighty but that is incorrect.

The Canaanite God that fits Yahweh the best is Yam's nemesis Ba'al. Ba'al is victorious and ends up as the High God of Babylonia replacing El and taking El's wife Asherah who was also known among the early Yahwists as Yahweh's wife. Yahweh is/was synonymous with Ba'al until the Jews make it forbidden to worship Asherah and decided that they have there own personal God Yahweh, who doesn't have a wife now but Yahweh +Asherah inscriptions have been found in excavations and the Bible mentions forbidding Asherah poles at a later point.

I have never heard of Yama meaning mountain, are you denying the recorded myth's exist, isn't that denying reality, the myths are written in stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join