It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is H.R. Clinton playing the "It Depends on what the meaning of the word is is" game?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So as we all know Clinton (both) has been embroiled in controversy going back to the days in Arkansas. From the alleged drug running, to people who had information on the Clinton's being killed over the years, to the Rose Law Firm mess, to the whitewater development corporation, the Arkansas Development Finance Authority scandals, to her and Bill's foundation and the donations, etc etc etc... I find it impossible to believe that Hillary had no idea what was occurring, from Arkansas to the present. While the scandals individually would be able to support their own threads, we are going to look at her email scandal and an interesting observation that was made.

Who: Hillary Clinton - 67th Secretary of State.
What: Private Email server in violation of federal law.
When: January 2009 to February 2013.
Where: Global
Why: Violation of federal law / espionage act.

Hillary has consistently maintained she never received or sent classified information on her private email network. The email scandal is significant not only because of the information the emails contained (SCI) but also because its now viewed as almost a certain that Russia / China gained access to the material (which could be its own conspiracy topic knowing the Clinton's history with China).

In every single soundbite, from congressional hearings to the media, she has not wavered in her stated position - she neither sent nor received classified material. Sadly she may be correct if we play the what the definition of is is game.

The US Classification system uses the following -
* - confidential
* - secret
* - top secret

As you may notice their is no official "classified" level, which is important because when being questioned the term classified is being used (by congress and the media). So when she states she has never sent / received classified information she is "technically" correct. While every other person under the sun understands that when the term classified is used its referring to sensitive information - confidential, secret, top secret, sci, etc.

Being she was a lawyer and seeing how Bill parsed words during his sex scandal and noticing she doesn't correct people questioning her when they use the term classified instead of the actual official designators one has to ask is she playing the word game in hopes no one will notice?

I have not found any clips where she is asked questions where the terms confidential, secret and top secret are specifically used. I have not found any clips where she corrects the people who use the term classified when asking her questions. If people have seen clips addressing this please post.

Thoughts?
edit on 1-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thoughts?

I think you need to correct the typo in your title. I only clicked on to this thread to find out who H. R. Clinyon is.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Thoughts?

I think you need to correct the typo in your title. I only clicked on to this thread to find out who H. R. Clinyon is.

Just seeing if people are paying attention...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

I think you need to correct the typo

It Depends on what the meaning of the letter "Y" is

edit on 1-3-2016 by AttitudeProblem because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My typo aside what do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
My typo aside what do you guys think?

I think Hillary is, for all intents and purposes, bulletproof. The only alternative the Dems have is a Jewish Communist, and the Republicans are currently fielding an obnoxious Fascist. Once again, we the people have to settle for the least of many evils.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
My opinion of HRC aside, she's no dummy. I think she very carefully picks her words and never says anything she's not thought out beforehand. "News" interviews with her are never as "informative" as they claim, because she dances around and never directly answers a question. That she herself never uses those words tells me she's building a legal defense against "someday"
edit on 1-3-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Americans may have had enough of the democrats though..

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

She seems to pride herself in being able to deceive the American public with words that aren't technically lies, but convey a false message.

My latest favorite is during the town hall when she looked somewhat surprised when Anderson Cooper asked her about the $675K for three speeches to Goldman Sachs:

Anderson Cooper, “But did you have to be paid $675,000?"

"Well, I don't know. That's what they offered," Clinton responded.

When if fact she gave about 40 speeches in 2013 alone and received the same $225K each for 35 of those and more for some show that what she charges as a minimum, over $9 million that year and almost as many in 2014 and 2015 totaling over $22 Million.

But she acted like she wasn't really aware of this... I hate that...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

She did change her story from, classified to "marked classified"

And that's what her defenders are harping on.

That she didn't receive or send e-mails "marked classified"

Which is crazy that she expects people to believe that in 4 yrs as secstate, she didn't get/send any?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

She did change her story from, classified to "marked classified"

And that's what her defenders are harping on.

That she didn't receive or send e-mails "marked classified"

Which is crazy that she expects people to believe that in 4 yrs as secstate, she didn't get/send any?

Yes, she is saying that.
If I was working on a Top Secret government project and I was actually designing a super duper invisible wonder woman airplane, and I emailed a Chinese government official everything that I knew about my design, would I be guilty of something?
Of course I would.
As SOS, Clinton received all sorts of information that was secret and should be treated as such.
She used a private server, a non-.gov email address with NO OVERSIGHT,( because no one knew about it except her cronies. ) and secret info was emailed to The Clinton Foundation!
What possible excuse can she have for all this BS?
She urged her subordinates to remove classification headers from documents and send them over unsecure lines!
How can anyone think she is innocent in any way???

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What: Private Email server in violation of federal law.

Which law was violated by her having a private email server? So far, it appears that it was perfectly legal.

Not saying it was right, but legal just the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
a reply to: introvert

Speaking of oversight Clinton also never filled the position of inspector general for the state department the entire time she was there. The one person who could have stopped the private email thing from ever occurring.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

That is the point being made. The term "classified" is not an official level of classification.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
if information can be " de-classified " - then by deffinition it must have been previously " classified " .

when someone starts breaking down the sub mineutea of a words meaning - you just know they are talking bollox

all information is classified
- simples

what its classified AS is often of critical importance .

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Speaking of oversight Clinton also never filled the position of inspector general for the state department the entire time she was there.

That is not within her powers. It's the president's job.

That being said, there was an interim IG in place to fill the role.

The one person who could have stopped the private email thing from ever occurring.

How could they have stopped it when it was not illegal to use a private email?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Please stop trying to conflate using an email address with running an unsecured server to bypass oversight.

It reeks of desperation.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Please stop trying to conflate using an email address with running an unsecured server to bypass oversight.

The post I responded to specifically said "private email". It has already been declared that it was not illegal to do so, and not an uncommon practice.

Also, was it illegal to use a private server? How do you know it was unsecured and how do you know it was to bypass oversight?

Lots of assumptions there.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: 200Plus

Lots of assumptions there.

indeed

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've held a TS clearance and know what is takes to do what she and her staff did. A former subordinate of mine is working the case with the FBI anf she's going to prison.
edit on 1 3 16 by IridescentPhoenix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join