It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else seeing the cat on the right?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here's a screenshot..

I'm using Safari on an IPad. No ad blockers running as I've never needed them on ATS...

This is odd and annoying.

edit on 29/2/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It wasnt annoying till you mentioned it .

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Not just me then?

ETA: Seems to be gone but the page is still pushed over still

edit on 29/2/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
He looks good with FireFox.

Neat & Sleek

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nope, just seeing ads for makeup and such.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: hutch622

Not just me then?

ETA: Seems to be gone but the page is still pushed over still

They've been diddling with anti-adblock stuff for several hours. There've been quite a few different versions of the anti-ablock message, in varying tones of aggression, passive-aggression, and pleading. Will be interesting to see what they settle on in the end.

I seem to remember them doing this a few years back as well, then it disappeared til today. I wonder why the sudden change?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes. That would be my cousin, Azazel. The ladies say he got the looks, pffft. He sometimes frequents ATS in the darkest hours of the night. I think he was meowing something about being on the road with Hillary lately and something about a free popup blocker that fills your browser with more ads. [see my right side panel for this page as follows]. I don't think that was their intent.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hmm I guess my cave man kill it with fire and cover it with @home IP way I block adds at the router prevents me from seeing these, Could the Admins please PM a List of Used approved Ad servers for this site so I can white list them in my router? ( I know some ad servers are pay per view to the websites hosting them and I would not mind Ats getting a little extra off me it seems worth it. Double so if the ads are topical to the topic at hand.)

CoBaZ

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hey, I don't have a cute kitty on that page! It's adorable!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I turned my ad blocking off for ATS a few hours ago because they shut me out until I did. The kitty showed up after that. I thought maybe administrators were just trying to rub it in a little deeper.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I seen him once before on a website far far away from here at least I think cracked is unrelated though some times you can not tell anymore... it is an ad server that hosts other ad servers. I router blocked that server site a couple months ago I think.

*though I am of the serious mind of unblocking the companies ats uses so they can get a little extra.
edit on 29-2-2016 by CoBaZ because: added the footnote

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yup...ATS is now on full Ad attack! When I logged in today, I got a notice from ATS that I had to turn off my ad block for ATS in order for me to continue using ATS. ATS depend on Advertisments to financially support their free services. I'm almost willing to pay a small month membership fee in order to block all ads.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Like I said before a list of ad servers that the site subscribes to and I will white list them to help out. But There is no way I am white listing everything on my list sorry I do not internet with out a rubber I seen too much damage done that way to systems. Only the ones ATS uses. That list can be posted publicly or in PM wither way. I would also encourage other to white list or allow the ads in their programs also.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

It's part of the t and c when you joined.
I've always had adblock turned off for ATS, I want the site to survive.

No brainer.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

I would gladly pay. I don't like having a chink in my armor.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Never mind the cat, the LIGHT page font would be most annoying for me, DARK is so much easier on the eye ay!!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

White all the way for me!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I dont mind removing some from my 371k (at last size measurement) text file I load to my router once a week, I can always comment out the ones that ats uses just like I did for Hulu use. Otherwise my system never even gets the framing ads listed above. they stop at my router.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

White on mobile, dark all the way on my desktop.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join