It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN tonight with Don Lemon at 8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So I'm watching a CNN show for fun and for good laughs and I'm watching clear as day mind control about this disavowing total nonsense smear campaign that's a complete joke. Disavow this disavow that... What the hell are we doing we are like a bunch of illiterate monkeys electing a new monkey king for the monkey kingdom!!!

Apes all of us apes!

Anyway... During the episode they keep trying to say that Trump supporters are all racist and come from fringe websites.

Right on national news they trying to plant ideas in people's heads by subjugating a growing percentage of the population!

We have cultural diversity and a diverse range of ideas governing this site here and to try and make us look like a but of fat white redneck racist is a joke!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Make up your mind? Your last thread was about the interview with Mrs. Trump on CNN. So as long as they only have appearances by Trump supporters, then it's all good. As soon as some people who aren't supporting Trump make appearances to speak about Trump's shenanigans, it's "planting ideas?"

Right on national news they trying to plant ideas in people's heads by subjugating a growing percentage of the population!

Ridiculous.

EDIT to add:

Since you think it's all a smear campaign. This is Donald Trump on Friday disavowing the endorsement by David Duke:

Here's Donald Trump refusing to disavow David Duke YESTERDAY:

He must have really partied hard over the weekend for a guy who doesn't even smoke cigarettes or has had a head injury and suffered amnesia.
edit on 2016-2-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So I'm watching a CNN show for fun and for good laughs and I'm watching clear as day mind control about this disavowing total nonsense smear campaign that's a complete joke. Disavow this disavow that... What the hell are we doing we are like a bunch of illiterate monkeys electing a new monkey king for the monkey kingdom!!!

Apes all of us apes!

Anyway... During the episode they keep trying to say that Trump supporters are all racist and come from fringe websites.

We have cultural diversity and a diverse range of ideas governing this site here and to try and make us look like a but of fat white redneck racist is a joke!

Don Lemon is a punk. Hasn't he said loads of racist things himself? Don is a super race-baiter. REAL good at it...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's how I discovered the Don Lemon show and I thought it might be interesting to hear from the possible future first lady don't ya think?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

Funny, Breitbart News is reporting about the exact same thing.

Do you have the same opinion of the folks at Breitbart?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Trump was saying he had no direct knowledge of the alleged Duke endorsement.

Now we know why.

BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DUKE ENDORSEMENT.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Duke himslelf admits he does not know Trump and Trump does not know him or his platform.

Duke said he doesn't outright endorse Trump, because he is opposed to Trump's policy on Israel and torture, but he plans to vote for him and encourages others to do so as well.

"It's good for him to be judicious," Duke said when asked about Trump's examination of the white supremacists supporting him. "He can certainly disagree with David Duke."

Duke said that Trump probably knows him based on media reports, “created by Jewish Zionists,” but might not know his political platform which was a precursor to that of Pat Buchanan and Trump himself, according to Duke.
www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The media itself does not know Duke and his current political platform.

Duke distanced himself from the KKK 40 years ago when he quit.

Trump said "I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists,"

Neither does the media obviously, since Duke does not consider himself a white supremacist.

"Trump said he knows nothing about David Duke and neither do lots of other people,” Hunter’s chief of staff wrote in an email. “If he said something that was wrong, to placate a moderator or pundit, it would have been news fodder to an even higher degree. The greatest Americans to the most repugnant are free to support who they want in a political race at any level. It's ridiculous to assign guilt through some faint association that a candidate never asks for or gives any care about. I think Trump's media-declared ignorance on the topic is good news for voters who care about imbalanced trade, border security or national security. At least we know where Trump is focusing his atten

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Pharyax

Funny, Breitbart News is reporting about the exact same thing.

Do you have the same opinion of the folks at Breitbart?

Never been to 'breitbart'. Just my opinion from what I've seen and heard on TV (CNN nearly fired him twice I heard).
I've been avoiding all news channels as of late. sick of all of it. BBC news is reporting REAL news.. what's going on around the world.. not 'blah blah called me a mean name' or 'so and so is a x'... gets boring.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
@1:20... no media bias here folks!

edit on 29-2-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Good ol' racist msnbc!

"We chose to cut that feed because he was BLACK!"

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So where did the "duke endorsement" lie start?

And why did nobody in the media seek the source for this emdorsement that never actually happened?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Here let me break this down for you so that you cannot wiggle Trump out of it:

On his radio show Wednesday, David Duke said:

Voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage,” Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program. BuzzFeed News first reported the comments.

"I’m not saying I endorse everything about Trump. In fact, I haven’t formally endorsed him. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do.”
The former Louisiana representative told listeners to start volunteering for Trump.

“And I am telling you that it is your job now to get active. Get off your duff. Get off your rear end that’s getting fatter and fatter for many of you everyday on your chairs. When this show’s over, go out, call the Republican Party, but call Donald Trump’s headquarters, volunteer,” he said. “They’re screaming for volunteers. Go in there, you’re gonna meet people who are going to have the same kind of mind-set that you have.”

Even if he hasn't "formally endorsed" Trump, he's telling people that they should get off their asses and volunteer for Trump and that not voting for Trump is "treason against [their] heritage." If it walks like a duck? It's an endorsement in practice if not in name. It's like me saying, "I won't call Trump an asshole but he's an asshole."

So when you say "BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DUKE ENDORSEMENT." that's at BEST a half-truth and more reasonably just a plain old falsehood.

This isn't an isolated incident. From NY Daily News early Friday morning:

In August, Duke praised the likely Republican nominee during another wide-ranging tirade on his radio program, calling the businessman a “good salesman" and "the best of the lot" of the large group of 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

"I praise the fact that he's come out on the immigration issue. I'm beginning to get the idea that he's a good salesman. That he's an entrepreneur and he has a good sense of what people want to hear, what they want to buy," Duke said in August. "He has really said some incredibly great things recently. So whatever his motivation, I don't give a damn. I really like the fact that he's speaking out on this greatest immediate threat to the American people."

Trump has attracted wide commendation from a slew of noted racists in recent months for his hateful rhetoric on everything from illegal immigrants from Mexico to American Muslims.

In December, Rocky Suhayda, the leader of the American Nazi Party, applauded the GOP presidential candidate’s plan to block Muslims from entering the U.S.

Also that month, Andrew Anglin, the 30-year-old publisher of the neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer wrote “Heil Donald Trump — THE ULTIMATE SAVIOR,” in support of the Republican front-runner’s anti-Muslim plan.

At the end of the post Anglin doubled down with the words: “Make America White Again!”

A month earlier, a neo-Nazi criminal in South Carolina, August Kreis III, showed jurors a “Vote for Donald Trump” sign during his own trial, where he faced child molestation charges.

Which of these facts is in dispute exactly? Of course while it's telling that Trump has the white supremacist vote, it doesn't mean that he's actively seeking it. Later on Friday, a reporter asked him about Duke's "informal" (happy now?) endorsement. The video is in my earlier post. Here's my transcription:

Reporter: Mr. Trump how do you feel about the recent endorsement from David Duke?

Trump: I didn't even know he endorsed me. David Duke endorsed me? Okay, alright. I disavow, okay?

On Friday, Trump knew who David Duke was just like he knew who he was back in 2000 just like he's always known who David Duke is — JUST LIKE ALL OF US KNOW WHO DAVID DUKE IS. Then on Sunday in an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, the issue of David Duke was brought up and this time around Donald Trump developed his trademark amnesia.

I included that video in the above post as well. Here's my transcript from that:

Tapper: Will you unequivocally disavow David Duke and say that you do not want his vote or votes of other white supremacists in this election?

Trump: Well just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke. Okay? I don't know anyting about what you're even talking about with 'white supremacy' or 'white supremacists.' So, I don't know. I mean I don't know. Did he endorse me or what's going on? Because you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

Tapper: But I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is even if you don't know about their endorsement, there are these groups and individuals endorsing you, would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don't want their support?

Trump: Well I have to look at the group. I mean I don't know what group you're talking about. You wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about. If you would send me a list of the groups, I'll do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I found something wrong?

Tapper: The Klu Klux Klan?

Trump: but you have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair so give me a list of the groups and I'll let you know.

Tapper: Okay I mean I'm just talking about David Duke and the Klu Klux Klan here but...

Trump: I don't know.. Honestly, I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I've ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him and I just don't know anything about him.

All of a sudden Donald Trump doesn't know who David Duke is. He tries to blame a faulty earpiece (provided by them! the evil evil earpiece tampering media!) but yet he CLEARLY repeats David Duke's name back to Tapper TWICE.

So you tell me. What happened between Friday and Sunday that all of a sudden Donald Trump doesn't know anything about David Duke and is for some unimaginable reason, reluctant to just say "I don't want any white supremacist support, period."

That's all it would have taken. Instead he danced around the topic and then later feigned some BS about a faulty earpiece. I don't need the media to tell me that Donald Trump is walking a fine line between trying to keep that white supremacist backing without appearing to want it.
edit on 2016-3-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

How did you miss this part of the article you just posted?I haven’t formally endorsed him

"I’m not saying I endorse everything about Trump. In fact, I haven’t formally endorsed him. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do.”

In case your myopia strikes again:" I haven’t formally endorsed him"

And David Duke does not represent the KKk. He quit 40 years ago and does not represent them or even support them in any way. Duke also disavows being a white supremicist.

Tapper was wrong and did not know what he was talking about.

Trump was wise not to comment on people and alleged endorsements he knows nothing about.

edit on 1-3-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
From the Mediate article "David Duke Speaks Out on Trump: I’m Not a White Supremacist, I’m a ‘Human Rights Activist’."

As for the Trump controversy, Duke firmly insisted he is not a white supremacist, he has consistently rejected that label, and classified himself as “a human rights activist” who’s concerned about the government trying to “destroy the European people in America by making us a tiny minority.”

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yea..........you're right, you're correct..........so my question is.........why in the world would anyone want to watch Don Lemmon on CNN? Who do you think watches Don Lemmon? Are you a member of that demographic, because if you're not, they all you're going to get is racist propaganda aimed specifically at YOU! Why do you think Melissa Harris-Perry no longer has a job? Ratings! Her ratings were in the toilet because her show was so specifically targeted at one demographic and on Saturday and Sunday when they got better things to do than watch her!

Sheeesh, I just don't understand people sometimes.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Oh well because David Duke said he's not a white supremacist, he's not a white supremacist. It wasn't genocide, it was the "final solution." It was an endorsement because it wasn't a formal endorsement.

Semantics games.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Duke is most definitely anti-semetic and a holicaust denier.

He openly hates Israel almost as much as progressivess and muslims.

That is why he does not endorse Trump and he stated as much.

Anti-semite/ anti-israel is not the same as white supremicist. Do you also consider all muslims and progressives white suoremicists?

I don't know or care enough about Duke personally so I will just let him choose his own identity and labels unless his actions prove otherwise and he makes headlines again burning crosses or something.

One thing is for sure. The crazy liberal media gave him a lot more attention and free publicity than he deserves.

new topics

top topics

join