It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I'm too dumb for God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tvtexan
I often wonder if I'm too dumb for God.

Seriously,
What if God, whomever he may be, is looking for people that are way smarter than the best we have ever offered?
What if the best education, best upbringing, best scientific minds, best honesty, best compassion , the best of the best is not good enough?

All replies welcome.

What do you think god is some kind of a**hole?
Oh wait, actually.

Yeah, you could be on to something.
Maybe that's what reincarnation is all about

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tvtexan

If your belief in God is consistent with the Holy Bible, then you must also believe that you are created in His image. You can't be dumb; that would be a pretty poor reflection on God, yeah?

My own personal opinion goes along these lines: Don't worry about others' opinions, but find your own way, make your own decisions and discover your own spirituality. "Dumb" is a needless comparison to others who should hold no power over you. Everyone is smarter than someone, and less intelligent than someone, however that measure of intelligence is defined in variables that nobody can agree upon.

Be wise instead, which is an accumulation of experience and compassion. Then you will be ruler of your own personal world, and, God willing, He will walk with you, if He exists.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

The very fact that you exist means that you belong.

Some people can't face life head on, and need to buttress their poor self esteem, weak self image and fear-ridden personality with some "system to make themselves feel better".

This has nothing to do with "God".

This is just human weakness covered with smoke and mirrors.

You may not understand one or more religions---that's ok.

God makes Universes.

Humans make religions.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

Best wishes to you,

Kev

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Well if God made us with no knowledge of him and you are worried about being sent to hell for nothing other than knowledge or a lack of it I think you should give God more credit because he can make things out of nothing. What gain is it to anyone to send you to hell for no reason?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

your best IS what is hopeful with God...

Yet that does not have to compete with any other person except for yourself

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Youre not dumb. I was convinced I was slightly retarded and had learning issues growing up.

In the end I just needed to walk away from school and take my education upon myself.

Maybe you need to just throw away the books and start to search for ways to learn.

I still think I am dumb sometimes. Low self esteem issues that creep up. People are assholes to weak kids.

Dont think it though. You only consider it because others made you feel a certain way.

Screw them all dude. Really. Fight back. Fight for your place. Fight dagnamit.

If you want to learn, just start. There is nothing stopping you.

I beleive in you like I do in me.

Hold it down bro.

You are flawless.

edit on 3 1 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tvtexan
What if God, whomever he may be, is looking for people that are way smarter than the best we have ever offered?
What if the best education, best upbringing, best scientific minds, best honesty, best compassion , the best of the best is not good enough?

Then the vast majority of religious people will not enter heaven, lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Your totally fine bud...most gods perfer their followers to be a bit daft. If you can set logic aside and you still believe in magic you should be a shoe in!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join