It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Trump surge nearly 20,000 Mass. voters quit Democratic party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is really just the fact that large numbers are moving and if it would be for primaries it shows a shift. I can bet the GOP people that jumped went over to Sanders...not Hillary.

It is about simulating the base and if the GOP would play ball, I would think that they would wind up maybe with a VP who could run in 2020 or 2024 depending on how things go...keep the momentum rolling.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

So you agree that voting your party is more important than voting for someone that may change the trajectory of this country for the better?

Your dad would have worked well at the Vatican protecting their own...

Are you seriously suggesting he should vote according to soundbite driven personality instead of political conviction? He should ignore what he believes in and vote for what he thinks is the greater evil because Trump promises to "Make America Great Again"?

I blame the MSM for turning politics into a new armchair sport.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My small take on all this fun stuff. As the wealthy began to move their capital off-shore in the 1970s and 80s (closed factories in America and sent them to China or Mexico, etc.) they became concerned about the laid off workers leaving the party due to backlash. So the wealthy invested in radio stations (Rush Limbaugh) and TV stations (FOX) to manufacture a message to the masses. The message was this: “the Democrats are raising taxes and that is why companies must leave; you should be mad at them!”. The truth is that only wealthy people who own companies can choose to make them leave and that the reason they chose to export jobs was to become more rich (it had nothing to do with Democrats). Take for example, Sunbeam. They made Mixmasters (and other electronic appliances) for years in Mississippi. A greedy private equity person decided to close the factory and manufacture in China to make an extra 50 cents on each unit. What was the impact? All the jobs were lost and the taxpayers had to support the community for years. Meanwhile, the rich man pays no taxes on the profit he earns in China. So yes, taxpayers are burdened, but it’s not rich people, it’s middle class and poor people left in the wake of the scorched Earth business practices.

So what about those radio and TV messages that they built? After 30 years, the underemployed and unemployed listeners have lost their trust in the establishment. In other words, the rich have created a rebellious class of people that they no longer can control or spoon feed their message. And what have these rebels decided what that answer is? Donald Trump.

....“And admit that the waters, Around you have grown, And accept it that soon, You'll be drenched to the bone”…

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I also think that the Trump support has something to do with the populous being sick and tired of yes man establishment politicians.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
I also think that the Trump support has something to do with the populous being sick and tired of yes man establishment politicians.

That's comical, at best. Trump has been a part of the establishment for decades. Never on the political side of it though until now.
People gripe about politicians being bought off by the wealthy...Trump is one of those wealthy that people are talking about.
And even if you disagree with me on that point...I posit that once you step into the establishments ring and play their game...you become just as much a part of the cabal as anyone else.
Trump, just like so many other "anti-establishment" candidates, is playing by their rules. He may threaten to make an independent run, but just like all of his other petty,whiny "i'm gonna sue you!" threats - it's just a bunch of snow.

Also, you know what the establishment pushes onto people in order to get them to march in line? Nationalism. And that, my friend, is the cornerstone of the Trump campaign.
edit on 2-3-2016 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's the same joke, been going for a while.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

Sorry but you are wrong. Trump is an outsider. Just because you are rich does not make you a controller of the NWO.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First things first: people change parties by the thousands every single year in this country. Look it up.

They double dog do it during an election year. It's a known phenomenon.

Finally -- I actually believe we are headed toward a 4 way horse race, which should make this November a very interesting political season, in more ways than one.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It is a bit of a different paradigm. As a Democrat, you realize that there is no one in the "party" that you want to be president. It does not mean that you have to completely switch your democratic ideals to another. You just realize that some one else is most likely better for the job. You vote for the person and job, and not the party.

You can have your cake, and eat is as well. The overall effect is not much different than having the Democrat you voted for lose, and then living under a Republican regime, as you still have Democratic ideals that are still as important as they were before the election, just modified a bit, and you think they are better for the country.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

originally posted by: onequestion
Somehow Trump is going to get taken out.

Only in the fevered dreams and deranged fantasies of bawling liberals as they watch him go straight into the White House.

Um, I think he meant that literally, as in an assassination. If Trump truly is such an anti-establishment candidate, it's a definite possibility. Not to mention all the criminals (Mexican Druglord dude, for instance) he's pissed off.
Personally, I'm worried for Sanders, too. We saw what happened to Kennedy.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
I KNEW IT, I KNEW I COULDNT BE THE ONLY LIBERAL THAT SEES TRUMP AS A NON ESTABLISHMENT INDEPENDENT. GO TRUMP !!!!1

Except, he stands for a lot of hateful and idiotic policies/ideas. One CANNOT be liberal and be for Trump.

It is childish for anyone to go for a aggressive "rebel" even though their ideas are way off and destructive. It's childish to choose a person who embodies non-liberal ideas, just because they too are angry at the system.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Sorry but you are wrong. Trump is an outsider. Just because you are rich does not make you a controller of the NWO.

HAHAHALMAO! You have a serious case of inverted cranial rectal syndrome if you think Trump is anything other than. Not only is he an establishment candidate - he is the sickest part of the actual establishment.
HE IS the rich that pays for the politician. Only now he's pretending to be the actual politician. He is literally BOTH sides of the establishment coin.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Nope. If he is an establishment candidate, then why are the GOP officials trying to derail him? They want him out. Almost the entire republican party wants him out. He can't get anyone worth note to back him. Nobody. He is funding his entire campaign out of his own wallet. None of his "Cabal/NWO" buddies are running to back him. Nobody is. He is taking shot after shot by the media and fellow republican members (and not just the ones in the race either)

Not everything is a conspiracy you know.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

Ah, if only that were true. Trump has been a Hillary plant since day 1. That's the real conspiracy here & everything you wrote supports it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What sort of proxy war, war of aggression or false flag terrorist attack will we have to try and distract from the election fraud that will allow hillary to steal the white house seat?
edit on 3-3-2016 by agentscoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So Mitt Romney comes out and blasts Trump today. Now people are saying it only helped Trump, LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So Mitt Romney comes out and blasts Trump today. Now people are saying it only helped Trump, LOL

I read it. I thought Mitt was right on.

Do we just dismiss him because he's Mitt?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Trump has seemingly been able to build up this armor where he absorbs any and all negative attacks against him. It seems like when people attack him, his popularity grows and with popularity comes more votes. Its like the man can do or say no wrong. If someone proved Trump murdered someone back in 1995 for example, the supporters would be like "WHO CARES, LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Its all silly honestly. I think this entire Trump phenomena is 100% impervious to attacks and attempted character assassination.

What I think might happen, is that somewhere down the road, possibly soon, Trump holds a press conference stating that he is mysteriously pulling his name from the race. Why? Who knows. And honestly, I don't think we ever would if that happens. This is what myself and several of my colleagues think anyway. I don't think we are alone either.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Trump has seemingly been able to build up this armor where he absorbs any and all negative attacks against him. It seems like when people attack him, his popularity grows and with popularity comes more votes. Its like the man can do or say no wrong. If someone proved Trump murdered someone back in 1995 for example, the supporters would be like "WHO CARES, LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

Its all silly honestly. I think this entire Trump phenomena is 100% impervious to attacks and attempted character assassination.

What I think might happen, is that somewhere down the road, possibly soon, Trump holds a press conference stating that he is mysteriously pulling his name from the race. Why? Who knows. And honestly, I don't think we ever would if that happens. This is what myself and several of my colleagues think anyway. I don't think we are alone either.

It's weird.

I'm about ready to say the vote should be taken away from the people, they're too stupid.

But, I hope you're right. Trump is not the right person to be in charge of an entire country.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I read it. I thought Mitt was right on.

Do we just dismiss him because he's Mitt?

Democrats did when he ran for President. I agree it's pretty weak thinking though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join