It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epic Slandering of Trump by MSM Right Before Super Tuesday.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: yesyesyes
Hopefully Trump will use the police to arrest the illegals and Muslims in the streets, they aren't hard to pick out you know.

Then we can eliminate minimum wage and give tax breaks to the poor corporations who are going broke supporting the scum.

Wow thanks for showing us just how hateful and bigoted his voter base really is

Sounds bout right

Yep, because that comment obviously represents the American public at large. You should get into Semantics.

edit on 1-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

if youre going to correct the record at least know what defamation libel and slander mean please

and malice is only an element for defemation of a public person for the record

edit on 1-3-2016 by KanerD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

No Trump fan here, not even American.

My take though? Did you see his last rally? Did you see how he tore the reporters and the media a completely round new A******?

I am no genius but to wonder about him getting attacked after what he said about them is kind of innocent, isn't it?

Not saying it's right, just saying.

edit on 1-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: Format

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nice try but official endorsements by current or former presidents, governors, senators and congress members are just that- OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENTS.

THERE WAS NO OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENT BY DUKE!

Would it matter if he did? When someone garners great mass appeal, a lot of people will like him/her. Not all of them will be what we call upstanding citizens. That's cool. Trump just needs to be careful which endorsements he accepts, LOL.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

ManBehindTheMask either fell for it hook, line, and sinker, or he is playing along to try to sell the deception.

I thought the same thing that is why i replied to him

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm pretty active on Twitter, for some weird reason I'm still trying to figure.

But from what I see, the MSM and Washington are becoming more IRRELEVANT by the minute.

Literally, people are ignoring the headlines and it's all suspect.

It's like a silent, quick, unsaid revolt is in the air.

Weird times.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadAgain

Yep...

"Attack me! Attack me!"

Then, turn around and claim that he's being unfairly attacked and targeted.

Hm...sounds like his M.O.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KanerD

if youre going to correct the record at least know what defamation libel and slander mean please

and malice is only an element for defemation of a public person for the record

I took my description of slander directly from a dictionary.

noun
defamation; calumny:
rumors full of slander.
a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:
a slander against his good name.
Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

dictionary.reference.com...

And here's the definition of "defamation", just to be clear:

the act of defaming; false or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny:

dictionary.reference.com...

So how am I supposedly wrong?

EDIT to add: And if slander only required malice as you claim it does, Trump can be successfully sued by nearly anyone this election cycle, right? Because he's said malicious things about far more people and entire demographics than we've said against him. So once again, is this a case of being able to give it but not able to take it?
edit on 1-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
IDK man...for a bit I thought maybe the media was intentionally slamming Trump because it helped him...but look at Chuck Todd's reactions...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

you cant use a regular dictionary to explain legal matters. i wouldnt care if you werent correcting the record. try blacks law dictionary.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What I don't understand is why does the MSM keep slamming him when they know it is driving his numbers through the roof? They know people trust the MSM less than ever before, so maybe they're implementing some sort of reverse psychology? Talking smack so that he ends up winning.

Because that is the status quo that has worked so well for them in the past. I find it laughable that this David Duke thing is the only real "dirt" they can find on him.

And I don't think that they realize that Americans don't take the pretty people on TV serious anymore. Maybe the younger Millenials don't watch alot of TV but there are still many older people that do, and assume that they are getting fair unbiased reporting (which of course, they aren't).

I had given up on the dog and pony show that this country calls democracy/voting a long time ago, but this Trump thing almost makes me want to vote for him. The presidency has been a joke for a long time now anyways and its not like he can do a worse job than the Republicrats or the Demopublicans have.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hmm slamming him or calling it how it is? The fact supporters are straight out in denial when Trump said another ridiculous thing, doesnt mean the media have to be.

I mean as if Trump is running a positive spirited campaign? What do you expect.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mussolini did use that quote, but shame on the media for doing this.

The origin of the quote is from an Afghani proverb which states "It is better to live a single day as a lion than it is to live 100 years sheepishly, or as a slave."

The media knows this, but they're being disingenuous.

Let's say for a mement that Benito Mussolini did coin the saying. So what? Does him being a fascist somehow alter the meaning of the words?

The saying is actually an attack on the media, as their goal is to keep us all slaves to their views. To keep us sheepishly within the confines of their status quo, or in whichever direction they feel fit.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain

I've been seeing the origin was in Italy, just not from Mussolini. If it was Benitos quote then ya it isn't that big of a deal but if anything this just shows again that trump is willing to tweet, or say, things without knowing much about it. He didn't know that Benito used it or that it originated from somewhere else.

I doubt it originated as an attack on the media btw. A concept of 'the meida' is fairly modern. Sounds more like just your standard live for self not for others quote.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: spinalremain

I've been seeing the origin was in Italy, just not from Mussolini. If it was Benitos quote then ya it isn't that big of a deal but if anything this just shows again that trump is willing to tweet, or say, things without knowing much about it. He didn't know that Benito used it or that it originated from somewhere else.

I doubt it originated as an attack on the media btw. A concept of 'the meida' is fairly modern. Sounds more like just your standard live for self not for others quote.

I don't claim the saying was created as an attack on the media. Just stating that those words directly parallel what we see today with MSM and the mass peoples who ingest it. That it is in the media's best interest to paint these words as "fascist and bad".
edit on 1-3-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

When someone garners great mass appeal, a lot of people will like him/her. Not all of them will be what we call upstanding citizens. That's cool. Trump just needs to be careful which endorsements he accepts, LOL.

Disagree. If you stop and look around and find out not just that your team consists in part of recognized hate groups, but also that your team is touting its inclusivness for allowing those groups to operate openly in exchange for their votes you do not say "that's cool", strap on your blinders and continue stumbling forward. If the man you want to elect to the position of Leader of the Free World retweets Mussolini quotes youre objectively unfit to make that vote. a sane republican at the very least would abstain this round that they might be able to fight again another day with their morales intact.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The more they tear into him the higher his numbers go.

So, my theory is that it is on purpose to get Trumps numbers higher. The media is onboard. If they wanted his numbers to go down, they'd be quieter.

Sounds to me like someone is paying those big media conglomerates to put out hit pieces on purpose to drive Trump's numbers up.

Now that's a conspiracy....

I think you nailed it Mystik.

I've been watching patterns, in fact, here is one to prove it. Look at the OP and Kimmel's lastest slam, then look at this on from awhile back.

Donald is winning with positive and negative press, it makes no difference.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LordSnow21

Our White House occupant had Mao ornaments on the Christmas tree on year. Does that mean he should have resigned?

A quote is a quote. It captures a single thought. Even horrible people have had interesting, even inspiring thoughts that continue to get used today. And good, even great people can have their words used to advance the cause of evil.

I find all this quote crap to be so much ado about nothing.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I used to have Yahoo, then MSN as my sources for news. My son, a computer whiz turned me on to something very few are aware of..... A site called 'Kodi'. The menu to news sites is phenominal.

Point is, we all know the domestic tripe called 'news' is just that, more often than not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join