It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney, are you F'ing kidding me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I love me some golf. Load up the cart with as much beer as it will hold; if I have room for the Pings, I take them with me

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Seems like someone is feeling a little racist.

Not at all, but the last time I went with my wife, the entire park, almost 80% head count walking the entire place was basically all Asian tourists.

Now, they had to actually send guys out in yellow suits to direct traffic, which became a one way street for all side walks. If you walk in opposite direction, you'll get pulled out.

Lines are basically 2 and a half hour to about 3/4 hours per ride. The lines getting into the park itself, is about a 2 hour wait (from the bus stop, yeah they no longer do the little line cart rides).

If you head there around 9am, you'll get in around 11. Factor in about 3 to 4 hour wait per ride, you get to do 2 to 3 things out of that day for $99 each adult.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

so the part about

Looking at you Chinese, locusts

wasn't racism in action?

So Asian tourists like DL...and that is the problem...how?

I agree it's a lofty ticket price but at the same time that is the cost of doing a massive business like this

I just don't get the whole locusts comment

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: truthseeker84

I am more concerned about Disney letting go citizens who work for them and force them to train their foreign replacement.....to me that is the bigger issue?

Perhaps, but I am more worried about the tourists paying for whatever the park is asking for.

What's to say if they jacked up the adult ticket to $199 per day pass, tourists won't pay for them?

Everyone talks about inflation and a laundry list of other causes, but I see very little addressing the tourism problems.

So hence I ask, should there not be a ticket difference if you can proof that you are a California or Florida resident?

Like $99 adult one day pass for tourists, $69 for state residents?

Would this upset the balance of The Force or something?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
Remember the good old days of amusement park fun?

Not really. Disney have always been money grubbing psychos. In any case @ your OP, it's called supply and demand. Deal with it.

ETA: Disney sued a child day care center in Baltimore once because they put Mickey Mouse on their wall without Disney's permission.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why are you people whining about a luxury? Yes, they are raising their prices bc people are willing to go into great lengths to pay for the experience. If you can't afford it then don't go. It ain't that hard. Disney Land is the most overrated experience ever. Take your family for a hike and camp. It cost like 10% of a trip to Disney Land.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Annual pass is very popular amongst people I know here in LA.

Personally, I despise Disneyland. Gives me nightmares just thinking about being there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join